• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lois Lowry

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ferretfrenzie

Does anyone else ABSOLUTELY LOVE the classic book of The Giver by Lois Lowry? I also liked Gathering Blue and The Messenger. Another great book is Number The Stars about the Nazis. I want to read her latest book called The Silent Boy. Who else loves the author Lois Lowry? Please tell me about other books she wrote. :)

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Number the Stars was a good book. I read that in seventh grade...

The Giver was also really good. Did you know they wanted to make a movie of it? It'd start off with the girl (I want to say Rose...?) holding a glass globe with snow inside it...I dunno anymore. But I really liked it. On a side note, I've heard people compare the book I'm working on to The Giver, which is somewhat correct and false at the same time...just an interesting fact.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
I think the Giver is a wonderful book. My girlfriend gave me a copy and I read it in about a day. To be honest I was surprised with how good it was and it makes me want to read the Gathering Blue. Hmm...Listening to you guys talk about it has rekindled my curiousity. I think I'll go check a few of these titles out next time I go to B&N.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I read The Giver about 6 or so years ago...it was fantastic...the twist was so good and I'd recommend it to everyone. Lois Lowry is a great name as well.

tvaughn05

I absolutley love The Giver. Gathering Blue & The Messenger was okay, but I think Lois Lowry (who is a great writer) should have made a direct sequel to The Giver, instead of making parallel books. What is "The Silent Boy" about? Is it another parallel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back