• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

logo for DMI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Tried my hand at this; didn't want to do too much with it, but I knew that I wanted 'illustrated' to be more human than 'digital media'.

dmi logo.psd

That's the PSD, I tried saving a GIF or JPEG of the file but they look like shit (and, with the transparent background, would be practically invisible on the Clown College skin).

Feel free to change, comment, rape, whatever.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I'm taking a stab at it now. But I'm loving the simplicity.

Siren

Awards
Thanks guys. I was only working with the default fonts, so if you guys have any custom ones that you prefer or something like that, just send over the PSD so everyone can take a look at it.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Use Clown College so I made a version that I could see, and something would hopefully pop.

OH9Ws.png

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I like the green.

It looks good doesn't it? I loved the font so much that I didn't want to change, I just felt that it would be nice with some softer colours(red and black is a good combo though, and you did good, I have just had those colours around me for so long that I don't feel them anymore.)

Have you looked at it against clown college? It really looks good, nice thing about the green is that it looks just as good up aginst the black.

Siren

Awards
I use Clown College, lol. Stampy makes me want to hurt myself.

Edit: I would kind of like to do something where the lines of the words intersect (it does this naturally, a little bit, with the 'l' and 'm') to give it a bit more of a 'connected' feel.

I'll work on it some more in the morning, but if someone throws something like that together it'd be great.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I understand that. I just don't like red and black anymore. There were my old school colours, so I am done with them.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
I understand that. But you should focus more on the purpose/function of the logo rather than what you like or don't like.

It's fine to use green but what is your purpose behind it?

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
also the red that nate used is going to go a lot easier with different colors than that shade of green, init

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I understand that. But you should focus more on the purpose/function of the logo rather than what you like or don't like.

Because I like green? Is there really need to be a reason? I just played with it and did what I thought looked good to me, in all honesty I don't really care what the logo is, just as long as DMI is successful, and it betters the Digital Media section.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I use Clown College, lol. Stampy makes me want to hurt myself.

Edit: I would kind of like to do something where the lines of the words intersect (it does this naturally, a little bit, with the 'l' and 'm') to give it a bit more of a 'connected' feel.

I'll work on it some more in the morning, but if someone throws something like that together it'd be great.

Cheesy as it sounds, could we try doing something with wrapping the I to the contours of the a and leaving it green, then having both Ls there too to kind of make it look like "all" to signify the inclusion of everyone?

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Because I like green? Is there really need to be a reason? I just played with it and did what I thought looked good to me

in all honesty I don't really care what the logo is, just as long as DMI is successful, and it betters the Digital Media section.

Well in order to do that you have to care what the logo is.

As of now it's not very functional, that white only works against a dark background and I doubt black with that tint of green will look as good. I like the contrast between type faces but I feel they should interact more like Callum suggested (i.e. have letters overlap/underlap each other).

Siren

Awards
Going to mess around with some vectoring and try to make a custom typeface; I like Shinkiro's idea.

Siren

Awards
Red won.

Edit: and given my limited knowledge with CS4 and my trackpad, I wasn't able to make the logo as I'd originally wanted. Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back