• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Loch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicodin

relative power
It should be known, that I hate this in every way, but am going to continue to write it due to the fact that writing this shit keeps me going. I should also say, I hate the plot line I'm setting up for it.
Also, I hate chapters. So I'll be doing /parts/. Three or four. 75-100 pages done in verdana size 7pt. (Though I know you probably don't care about what size I type in, or the font, now do you?)
-----------------

We all have needs. And we have wants. A lot of wants. Some people
some how categorize some wants as needs, necessities that we must
have to survive. |

I sat and stared at the monitor screen, watching the little cursor blip from not there, to being there. This was to be the beginning to my 'Grand essay', of sorts. It really was just a book that I had been thinking about for quite some time. I didn't have my hopes up for it being published, but that was okay. As long as I'd written it, I would be satisfied. It would be a rare occasion if it did get published; it would make me happy.

I don't know what publishers publish essays or things like what I'm writing; I hadn't done my research. That probably made me a fool. The book I was writing was about human nature - it probably had been done before - like what we feel and what we feel we need. Our emotions.

I was currently stuck on what to write next. I stared blankly at the screen, racking my mind for anything that would make sense in this jumble of words I thought no one would ever get a chance to read. Hell, I might even scrap the essay in the future if it became too tiresome to write. I don't know yet, obviously.

It was then I heard a knock on my front door. I slid out from my chair and walked through my open door to the front door. I peered through the peephole to see who it was. It was my friend, Albert Kenneth. Albert and I had known each other since our seventh grade year together. We were good buddies and had used to do things together all the time. Now that we were getting older, we haven't done much recently. I was just going on twenty-seven, he on twenty-nine. Not that old. I chuckled a bit at the realization. Albert had been held back once, after his seventh grade year. If he hadn't been, I wouldn't know who he was. I had heard about him though, how he was always the athletic one. The guy who all the girls wanted. He was a charming, good-looking man, indeed.

How we came to meet each other, I do not know. For that fact, I don't think anyone knows. Neither of us remembers how we met. I didn’t understand what brought him here today, for we haven’t spoken in forever. I unlocked my door and pulled it open.

“Hi, Albert,” I said, putting a warm smile on my face, “What brings you here?” I asked innocently.

He didn’t answer right away, and in those few miniscule seconds between my question and his answer, I looked at his face. Mostly in his eyes. His eyes were a dark blue-gray color, and currently were displaying fear. I could also tell he was tensed up. The way he stood, his arms planted stiff at his side with his hands stuffed in his coat pockets. There was definitely something wrong.

“Just… coming by to say hello,” I could tell he struggled with what to say, “Mind if I come in?” he prompted. I nodded and moved aside, and he briskly stepped in. I led him to my living room, and then went to get us drinks.

I called from the kitchen, “What would you like to drink?”

“Water, please,” he replied. I walked back carrying two glasses, both filled with water. I set both down on my coffee table I had in front of my single couch. Even when sitting, he didn’t lose his tenseness. If he didn’t feel safe in a private home, then there was definitely something wrong. I decided it was time to take action, and ask him why he was in such a state of mind, and not let him say no to answering.

I looked at him hard in the eyes before I spoke, signifying that he was about to be questioned, “So, why are you really here?”

Vicodin

relative power
Definately. I just need to think,[Lol at the unnecessary comma] of what to write. I mean, I have something written out already that I /didn't/ post, because I find it too cliché. And I dislike most cliché things. ._.''

Thanks for the feedback!

Vicodin

relative power
I'm probably going to re write the bit I didn't post, though. :/
It's not written /bad/, I just dislike where it makes the story go.

Haku

<3
I really like the direction I could see this one going, I look forward into reading more soon.

Vicodin

relative power
I'm glad you like it...
I'll try to have more next week, seeing as I won't have much access to the computer on weekends.

Vicodin

relative power
Thanks!
I wouldn't post it if I wasn't sure I had /some/ good structure. Because honestly, the only crit I see people giving on here when I glance through some peoples fanfics/fics, are things like "it's good but you should make it a bit longer" or just pointing out a misspelled word. :/

Vicodin

relative power
I might have ruined any plot line I could have created for this and made it kind of cliché. Down the drain goes any more possible originality.
ALSO: I think people are missing the fact that they aren't chapters. xD I'm just not going to post 75-100 pages worth of type in 7pt font on here for you all to read just so I can say "here's the first part, have fun". Oh yeah. Sorry it cuts off in the end. I'm in a rush.
----------

I looked at him hard in the eyes before I spoke, signifying that he was about to be questioned, “So, why are you really here?”

He turned away at my question, looking at the ground. He opened his mouth, about to say something, and then closed it, only to open it again a few seconds after, and speak, “I saw something that I shouldn’t have seen. A murder. I was just driving down a rural road, for christ’s sake! I had to take a piss so I stopped my car and got out. I walked off to the side of the road into the field on the side. I looked around as I did my business and saw these people in black suits with slicked back hair had several people line up against a concrete block wall in the middle of the field. They just… shot them, ****ing execution style man! Bam! Bam! Bam! I watched the figures drop and they didn’t move again. They had turned and started to walk away, when one man spotted me. I froze. The man turned to his other comrades and spoke. One of ‘em lifted their gun and started firing towards me; by then I was already running the hell away from there. Damn, man. It scared the shit out of me. They got to their car, which was parked a little ways behind me. And what ****ing luck, I couldn’t get my car to start.

“Finally getting it started, I just ****ing sped out of there. I left the men in my dust. Literally. The road was dirt. I got home and went inside after putting my shotgun between my nightstand and bed, then went to sleep. Middle of the god damn night I woke up to, can you guess? Bullets being shot through my house. I grabbed the shotgun and went outside only to see the car half way down the street. That’s when I decided to come here. The shotgun is still in my car. It’s at least a two-hour drive to here, and it was five when I awoke. I hope I didn’t bother you?” The ending of his little story was kind of messy. Like he was editing it. It slightly bugged me, but I told him nothing of it. It was obvious he didn’t totally trust me, but in his life I am the trustworthiness person he has. And I’m fine with that, for the most part. In all honesty, I don’t want to be involved in this thing that he accidentally got himself into. Hell, they’re probably hitmen or mobsters. Damn, for all I know they could be both, or worse. Though what could be worse than having the mafia after you, I don’t know. So I kind of just stared at him for a while thinking my answer when he asked if he had bothered me, which technically he had. I glanced back through the slightly ajar door of my office at my old computer, still on. I could see the black lines that were text smushed together from the distance.

“Well, I was kind of writing something, but it’s not that important. What you’ve said is more important, but dangerous at the same time. What I was doing before you came was not dangerous. But you’re a friend and that’s what friends are for, to come to when you’re in danger. I just hope I don’t get dragged into this. Let’s hope that maybe they don’t come back to get you, and they’ll forget you even saw anything. Hell, they probably don’t even know what you look like. They just saw you from a distance, and probably trailed you home. There’s also the fact that you don’t know what they look like. You were too far away to see them clearly, and you got out of there as soon as possible. Even if you wanted to turn them in, you couldn’t. What would you do? Go to the Police and say, ‘Hey, I saw some guys in suits in a rural part near here who shot several people, but I can’t give you descriptions except that they were wearing sunglasses and black suits, and I think they might be part of the mafia?’” I sounded pretty rude but it was seven AM and I was tired. I had stunned myself by the words that were coming out of my mouth. I never was the rude one. I was the large well-built and quiet kid who never said ‘No’ to anything. I was the one who pissed people off because I was always the kid who got the right answers in class, and never hurt anyone when other kids commanded me to. Who were they, also, to try to force me do things I didn’t want to do? At the same time, everything else was corrupted too, my teachers failed me because they too tried to get me to hurt other kids, the ones they didn’t like. The city I came from was deteriorating and corrupt. The police were literally all crooked. They shot whom they wanted to shoot, they took whom they wanted into custody.

I looked at my friend once more and saw he was shocked at my reply, just as I was. I hadn’t talked to anyone like this in a while, you know, holding a conversation longer than ten minutes. Even so, the ones I did held for ten minutes were strictly business.

Last edited:

Vicodin

relative power
Sorry. >.> I just copied and pasted from Word. xD Yeah, uh, I'll edit that post and make it more spacey.

More commentsssssss, pleaaase. Itmakesmewannaactuallywritethis.

Vicodin

relative power
Thanks for commenting, erm, again. xD But I mean from different people. 'Cause I know it can't be only you three who read it. xD

Vicodin

relative power
Double-posting. Sorry.

But. I need help thinking of a name for the main character. It'd be awesome if I had some help. :/
If you /do/ wanna help, I'd prefer them to be... normal-ish, but not like 'jack' 'john' 'andrew' 'mark'. But nothing like, really weird names. Yeah. <33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back