• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Location of Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
About the location of Kingdom Hearts... I've been thinking about Birth by Sleep and Xehanort seemingly summoning it from the sky.

Supposedly, Kingdom Hearts is actually locked away in the deepest darkness and has not been seen since [Chi], right? (or wrong, I feel like there's conflicting information)

Wouldn't it make sense for Kingdom Hearts to be where it was in the Keyblade Graveyard in Birth by Sleep based on the vague ending of [Chi]? Maybe Xehanort didn't actually summon it with that weird dark ball of doom, but he simply cleared the atmosphere for Kingdom Hearts to shine through? That, that brings to question, what IS the Keyblade Graveyard.

There was the prevailing theory that the Keyblade Graveyard were the ruins of Daybreak Town, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. The graveyard is where they all decide to meet and fight rather than a fight breaking down in the middle of their city. Have wars been fought there before? Is it even known that Kingdom Hearts, or A Kingdom Hearts is sitting there just beyond the clouds?

Or could it be, that Kingdom Hearts is not all that different from the Kingdom Hearts Xemnas created, and is just a conglomeration of the hearts of Keyblade Wielders trapped there in the sky of the graveyard? If so, why did Xehanort care about that one? Did he want to use it to somehow summon/find the real Kingdom Hearts? Or was this part of his self admitted foolishness in wanting a shortcut to his ultimate goal?

Maybe all these purposely made fake Kingdom Hearts' aren't just for nothing or bound to be failures... there must be other reasons why all of Xehanort's selves were playing around with this. There must be some reason for someone to be pulling the strings behind [Chi] and causing all those people to lose their hearts and possibly make that Kingdom hearts currently sitting up there. Can a fake Kingdom Hearts somehow lead you to the REAL Kingdom Hearts that is lost in the deepest of darkness?

Infamita

I recall at some point Nomura saying that the REAL Kingdom Hearts has only been seen once - at the end of KH1. According to Kairi's grandmother's story, I believe that the real Kingdom Hearts is situated in the deepest, darkest hole inside the Realm of Darkness. Sure there has been countless fake Kingdom Hearts' (and I'm not sure how the one in BBS came to be) but I believe the real one will return from the RoD during the next keyblade war.

Xera Highwind

I recall at some point Nomura saying that the REAL Kingdom Hearts has only been seen once - at the end of KH1. According to Kairi's grandmother's story, I believe that the real Kingdom Hearts is situated in the deepest, darkest hole inside the Realm of Darkness. Sure there has been countless fake Kingdom Hearts' (and I'm not sure how the one in BBS came to be) but I believe the real one will return from the RoD during the next keyblade war.

Light and Darkness are supposed to be equal, so I couldn't see it being in the RoD. Rather, somewhere like the end of KH2 where you fight Xemnas, a realm of nothingness. Neither light or darkness, just perfect balance.

ALittleNerd

I remember hearing that the one from BBS was the one real kingdom hearts. And that the one in KH 1 was made from all the hearts of the worlds that the heartless stole.

Awards
Kingdom Hearts is said to be the heart of all worlds which means that it is literally the heart of every world. It was stated that the Kingdom Hearts summoned by the X-Blade was the real Kingdom Hearts in Xehanort's reports and that it summoned Kingdom Hearts from gathering all worlds hearts into one restoring the original world and summoning Kingdom Hearts because it was the collection of every worlds hearts and also starting the Keyblade War because once all the Keyblade wielders that where originally divided and spread apart would finally be united and they would fight for the light within Kingdom Hearts. The Kingdom Hearts we didn't see in Kingdom Hearts 1 which was another collection of the worlds hearts this time through the means of the heartless gathering them. The true Kingdom Hearts is the perfect gathering of all the worlds hearts into one. There fore I theorize that the heart of the original world is Kingdom Hearts itself. I think that the original X-blade's destruction was what caused the worlds to become separated and their hearts to split. It was stated that the Keyblade War was what caused the original world to become many as was it the reason the X-blade was split. Coincidence? I don't think so. It was also said the X-Blade existed along side Kingdom Hearts and acted as its protector and guardian so when it was destroyed and the original Kingdom Hearts was lost into the darkness it was lost because the heart of the original world had divided into many pieces because its counter part The X-Blade which it held a symbiotic relationship with also shattered. Which is why the X-Blade has the power to restore The worlds to their original state and summon Kingdom Hearts because the original world's heart is Kingdom Hearts. Atleast that's what I believe.

Luxu

Awards
Well, Unchained is deep inside the RoS from what we know.

Same could apply for Kingdom Hearts, I think Kingdom Hearts is in the deepest layer of the RoD. The true Kingdom Hearts is at least, while the Kingdom Hearts of People "orbits" the Keyblade Graveyard, and the Kingdom Hearts of Worlds is...somewhere.

Axeken

I'm pretty sure Nomura said that Xehanort summoned a fake Kingdom Hearts, similar to the one create by Org. XIII, and that's partly why he failed in his mission

Infamita

Light and Darkness are supposed to be equal, so I couldn't see it being in the RoD. Rather, somewhere like the end of KH2 where you fight Xemnas, a realm of nothingness. Neither light or darkness, just perfect balance.

The balance between Light and Darkness has little to do with the location of the real Kingdom Hearts. The reason why I think it's in the RoD is because of Kairi's Grandmother's story; a story which is substantiated by the events of KHX.

Well, Unchained is deep inside the RoS from what we know.

Same could apply for Kingdom Hearts, I think Kingdom Hearts is in the deepest layer of the RoD. The true Kingdom Hearts is at least...

Exactly, I'll find the proof from Kairi's Grandmother's story

Kairi's Grandmother (KH1) said:
...But the true light sleeps deep within the darkness... But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open. And the true light will return. So listen, child. Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away.

Here, we can clearly see that the "true light" (supposedly the 'real' Kingdom Hearts), is trapped within the deepest depths of darkness. And I think the light she's referring to here, is the Kingdom Hearts that we see at the end of KH1 (remembering that KH1 was meant to be a standalone title, and that everything said within the game is intended to be viewed introspectively).

Additionally, KHX further proves that Kingdom Hearts was consumed by darkness - but continued to shine through the hearts and innocence of children.

Kingdom Hearts is said to be the heart of all worlds which means that it is literally the heart of every world.

And finally, if it's believed that the real Kingdom Hearts is the heart of all worlds, then the Kingdom Hearts we saw at the end of KH1 is certainly the real one. There is countless times where Maleficent and Ansem SoD reflect on how they must obtain the power of Kingdom Hearts "the heart of all worlds".

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What if Kingdom Hearts ends up being a Disneyland or Disney World like area? It could give a valid reason as to why Attraction Flows exist?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
What if Kingdom Hearts ends up being a Disneyland or Disney World like area? It could give a valid reason as to why Attraction Flows exist?

That would be quite disappointing and... I don't know, lame? Maybe it's just me but I expect it to be something epic and cool, similar to The End of the World. If it's even a place that you can go to. It could just be a floating heart moon or whatever, like the one that the Organization created. Also, Attraction Flow is already breaking the fourth wall a bit too much for my tastes.

Mirashade

Awards
I've kind of considered that before. But mostly in the extent that the original world before it was split apart could've been like one huge Disneyland, so maybe if Kingdom Hearts is a place itself it might be like... a regular-sized Disneyland?

Not that I imagine Kingdom Hearts would be like the theme park with rides(Disneytown has that covered), but because Disneyland is organized into Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Toontown, and all such themed places like worlds where different movies can fit together, I could see you wandering through a place that smoothly transitions from "world" to "world" (or land to land) in one theme-park-sized world.

I'd like to think they could do that in a "cool" way, surrounded by light and make the place feel magical somehow... But I could be biased since I've always loved Disneyland.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering that the true KH itself has been more than once described as an "unseen land/power" I am even inclined to believe that the true KH has no set location at all nor even a default "landscape" or physical appearance. That "heart-shaped" moon is nothing but a visual symbol, a form comprehensible for the pitiful human mind.

The actual true KH is said to be a unification of every heart in existence, world, human and other beings alike, so it not even having a single, definite form makes much more sense.

And no, the KH shown in KH 1 is as artificial/fake as the one in KH 2, the only difference is that the KH in KH 2 was forcibly made by Xemnas from countless human hearts he captured while the one in KH 1 was made from the hearts of destroyed worlds smacked together by Ansem SoD and his Heartless legions.

The actual true KH is neither made of human nor worlds hearts, but every heart.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
But the question remains, what is the Kingdom Hearts above the Keyblade Graveyard. I understand Xehanort admitted he made plenty of mistakes in his eagerness to reach his goals, but why was he so focused on the one still sitting in the sky there and where did it come from since it seems it's also artificial.

Is it the hearts of all the keykids? What connection does this specific fake Kingdom Hearts have to the real Kingdom Hearts that the other two fakes didn't? (Baldy-Heartless and Baldy-Nobody seemed to believe their fakes were the end all be all)

Or, was the original Baldy just so certain that using even this fake one with the [chi]blade would work out for him, just like the future mistakes of his other selves? Or, does this special Kingdom Hearts somehow connect to the real one, wherever it may be?

I'm starting to believe someone in the past orchestrated the entire events of [chi] so that everyone would fight, die, and this Kingdom Hearts currently sitting in the graveyard was meant to be used for something, but obviously it didn't succeed.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
But the question remains, what is the Kingdom Hearts above the Keyblade Graveyard. I understand Xehanort admitted he made plenty of mistakes in his eagerness to reach his goals, but why was he so focused on the one still sitting in the sky there and where did it come from since it seems it's also artificial.

Is it the hearts of all the keykids? What connection does this specific fake Kingdom Hearts have to the real Kingdom Hearts that the other two fakes didn't? (Baldy-Heartless and Baldy-Nobody seemed to believe their fakes were the end all be all)

Or, was the original Baldy just so certain that using even this fake one with the [chi]blade would work out for him, just like the future mistakes of his other selves? Or, does this special Kingdom Hearts somehow connect to the real one, wherever it may be?

I'm starting to believe someone in the past orchestrated the entire events of [chi] so that everyone would fight, die, and this Kingdom Hearts currently sitting in the graveyard was meant to be used for something, but obviously it didn't succeed.

Considering what we see in the finale of Browser-chi with countless hearts flying upwards, I do tend to believe the "KH" seen in BBS is actually another artificial one made from all the kids who were slaughtered in the Keyblade War.
It should perhaps also be brought back to attention that Master Xehanort "summoned" this KH by turning Luxu's Keyblade into a ball of dark energy and shooting it into the sky.

Some people claim that "MX was just parting the clouds" to reveal that KH, but to to that it would have been sufficient to just shoot a beam from the Keyblade or use another wind spell (which MX used constantly through the battle with TAV to control the "Keyblade Tornado").
But no, he turned the whole Keyblade into that energy ball and shot that into the sky.

It is also somewhat telling that MX summoned that KH before Vanitas and Ventus even clashed to form that "Proto-X-blade".
It is stated that the forging of the X-blade would cause the true KH to appear, but since the one made from Vanitas and Ven was always only a 2/20 half-baked brittle filigree-garbage blade, even if Ven would not have resisted it would probably not have been enough to summon the "true KH".

But maybe, just like the Dark Keyblade from KH 1 was for the last Keyhole to allow Ansem SoD access to "his" artifical KH, the "Proto-X-blade" if completed as far as it was possible would have allowed Xehanort to unlock/access the KH above the Keyblade Graveyard.

Since the true KH is stated to be an unseen land/power, maybe you can only really reach it by forming such an artificial KH as an intermediary.
Both Master Xehanort and Xemnas speak about "becoming a higher being" above human, maybe that is already an requirement to even get access to the "true" KH so in order to beome this "higher being" one needs an artifical KH to already massively boost his/her power.
The "true" KH is also said to be a conglomerate of all hearts in existence, so instead of the arduous task of collecting/capturing every heart by itself, maybe the idea is to form several "little" KHs out of some millions of hearts and eventually mash them all together to form the whole.

Furthermore, Xehanort also states that he wants more knowledge and insight on what happened during and at the end of the Keyblade War, if that KH above the Graveyard is really filled with/made of the hearts of the wielder kids from the x-era, accessing the memories of all these hearts would allow Xehanort to gain a huge amount of information and knowledge at least on the first part, the war itself.
Since hearts and memories are immortal/eternal, it doesn't matter how far in the past the actual war was. When all the hearts of the wielder kids are captive inside that KH since the war's end, it is practically a previous version of the KH made in KH 2.
If we now also consider the "old world" of fairytales falling as well the heart of the old world/Daybreak Town may also be inside it, making the BBS-KH a hybrid of the KH 1-KH (only world hearts, made by Ansem) and the KH 2-KH (only human hearts, made by Xemnas).
The BBS-KH would thus be "closer" to the true KH than the KH 1 and KH 2 one are, but still not the whole thing since there are still hearts missing that are not part of it: The Dandelions, possibly Luxu and/or the Master of Masters, maybe even the Foretellers.
Since the world was partly restored and and new hearts came into being, both world and human/other living being hearts, the overall amount of hearts steadily increased, further removing the BBS-KH from "completeness" as time went on.

In summary, to truly "get" the true KH and become a "god" capable of reshaping the entire universe one would need to probably really mash every currently existing heart together so that there is no other "force" left that could have a say in what shape the universe takes.
In that vein, the reason why the BBS/Graveyard-KH wasn't used or was not "successful" in whatever it was created to do is probably because there were still free hearts opposing the whole thing.

I tend to believe that browser-chi deliberately didn't show us the final fates of the Foretellers and the actual true end of the war, as that is probably another typical Nomura-twist that is reserved to be addressed in KH III in some manner.

Qiesamuel

Come to think about this, it's funny that this series are called Kingdom Hearts for almost 15 years
But we haven't seen or have a clear understanding about what is the actual Kingdom Hearts. I want KH 3 to clear this question once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back