• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Living with Depression

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
To make a long story short, I have some form of Clinical Depression. I've been some things in the past that I won't get into and I have some days where I'm happy and some days where I'm really depressed and don't feel like talking to anybody. Sometimes, that even happens in the same day. It's pretty much like I'm bipolar. I don't lose interests in partying and other stuff, but I guess this first started when I was 13 and to this day, I still have all these feelings and whatnot. I need to know how to cope with this before I do something I'm going to regret. Things just don't seem to be the same and things just haven't been the same for a few weeks now. I even been having these weird dreams. Can somebody explain just what is wrong with me?

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Have you consulted a doctor about your symptoms? Don't rule out the possibility of hypochondria, especially when you're dealing with psychological problems.

pokepotterkhkids

Website
www.freewebs.com
Your best bet would be to go to your regular doctor. During your visit/checkup, tell him about these things. He'll point you in the right direction, whether it be to a therapist, psychaiatrist, or just order some blood tests. Some of the things you've experienced could be some symptom of something everyday. And the best part is, your doctor will refer you to a therapist or psychaiatrist nearby who he reccomends for you based on what you tell him. It's the best way, and I highly doubt any one one KHI is certified to make a real diagnosis on this.

1+1=FISHXD

just like those 2 said consult with a doctor because if its been going on scince you were 13 sometimes not right did anything bad happen to you since you were 13?

O

Oberon

Family doctor at this point is the best route, as made clear.

Don't be afraid to tell him all your symptoms. At the very least, it will make you feel better knowing someone can point you in the right direction. If it's psychological, it's not necessarily something a doctor alone can deal with. He can write you prescriptions but that's really about it apart from telling you to eat right and exercise. lol

Also, yeah, the weird dreams part is completely normal, by the way. I've been dealing with a LOT of anxiety from school and life in general. And during the beginning of that, I had super vivid and bizarre dreams every night for about 8 weeks or so. Was pretty scary and made me feel worse, to be honest. But don't worry it's nothing to fret about. A stressed/depressed mind can do some weird things, but those things won't hurt you.

Shadow Key

Yea, I'd rather not get into it. I just need to deal with it I guess.

Ah. I'm... 14? *checks*

Yeah, I'm 14 and dealing with it, so my advice may just blow, but work with me here. I always try to find things to keep my mind away from sadness. I surround myself with friends and family who care for me. This works temporarily when you're really feeling down or even considering suicide or cutting. For long term, I'm seeing a psychiatrist.

I don't take meds because it many cases it makes it worse, but that's for you to decide.

But ultimately, just talk to your doctor.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Yea, I've tried that, but you know when you feel like you're still alone even though you're surrounded by friends?

It takes more than "just dealing with it" to treat depression. Talk to your doctor, find a psychologist and psychiatrist and discuss and try out different treatments. Talking to friends will help cure your depression as much as it'll help cure say, the flu.

Shadow Key

It takes more than "just dealing with it" to treat depression. Talk to your doctor, find a psychologist and psychiatrist and discuss and try out different treatments. Talking to friends will help cure your depression as much as it'll help cure say, the flu.

This. I recently got a therapist and he has helped so much. If you're willing to put a hefty amount of cash toward helping yourself, I would recommend it.

O

Oberon

^ The good news also is that not all therapists will charge a lot. For instance, there is community-based therapy for as low as four dollars a meeting/session (depending on income). That's pretty much amazing for anyone who is a student.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back