• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

LIVE PERFORMANCE of Passion!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
Here's a live performance of Utada Hikaru performing Passion!

http://rapidshare.de/files/9074525/Utada_Hikaru_-_Passion__CDTV_2005.12.10_.avi.html
(Thanks to d2punkrock4thisw on the KH Ultimania Forums)

EDiT 1: She may not sound as good during her live performances but at least we know she's not a phony...i mean come on, she actually SINGS during her performances rather than lip sinc.

EDiT 2: Now we can FINALLY confirm that it's "My fears, My lies" (like i said in the beginning)...it's a lot more clear as to what she's actually saying in english when it's live.

Last edited:

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
Music Station or Utaban or Music Fighter or even HeyHeyHey? Or maybe it's the CDTV one. I probably have it all. The only one I would be missing is the Passion Internet Live + Talk coming out on Dec. 22. Yup, same date as the release of KH2.

Last edited:

port royal 12

yea i hope its good cause if its not im gonna do some major flamming

but yea i love U T so it should be good even if its not

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
Well, let's just say the voice on the performance and the voice on the CD don't sound alike. :eek: Download and see and hear for yourself. Although she looks real good on the performances though.

.:kaizer21:.

Banned
She's not quite as good live than on her Albums, but we all know artists sound better on their CD's, rather than live.

It's cool. Awesome drummers. I thought it was cool, but her voice is too shaky, especially in her live performance of 'Simple and Clean' (I lost the file. If anyone could find the file, PM the link)

Last edited:

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
kaizer21 said:
She's not quite as good live than on her Albums, but we all know artists sound better on their CD's, rather than live.

It's cool. Awesome drummers. I thought it was cool, but her voice is too shaky, especially in her live performance of 'Simple and Clean' (I lost the file. If anyone could find the file, PM the link)
I'll PM you the link. I just need to upload it first. Well, Utada Hikaru's a special case. She sounds good both live and on her CDs. It's just that for the Passion live performances, we at U-O.net think she had a cold so that's why it didn't sound good.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
NarutoEXE said:
I'll PM you the link. I just need to upload it first. Well, Utada Hikaru's a special case. She sounds good both live and on her CDs. It's just that for the Passion live performances, we at U-O.net think she had a cold so that's why it didn't sound good.

I agree with you since she does sound like she has a cold...that was my first thought when I heard her. Not to mention that she DOES hit those higher notes almost dead on, like in the single.

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
Plus, there was a handwritten message by Hikki on the Music Station website saying she had to bring in a humidifier before the show. I think the message might've gotten taken off though. So this proves something was wrong with her throat, like maybe it was real dry, or she was sick and had a sore throat or something.

Also, in one of the performances, she moans at the end and it sounds exactly like the moan at the end of the Passion ~single version~ from the CD.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
NarutoEXE said:
Plus, there was a handwritten message by Hikki on the Music Station website saying she had to bring in a humidifier before the show. I think the message might've gotten taken off though. So this proves something was wrong with her throat, like maybe it was real dry, or she was sick and had a sore throat or something.

Also, in one of the performances, she moans at the end and it sounds exactly like the moan at the end of the Passion ~single version~ from the CD.

Interesting...plus when she says the word "haruka" she sort of stresses it, like as if it's really hard to say for her and it does sound like she has a sort throat...I should know since I was stuck with strep last week.

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
And also right before these Passion performances, she also did live performances for her other single, Be My Last. In one of the first performances, which was like an orchstreral(alright, I know I spelled it wrong), she had like "ahhs~~~" in her song that maybe were like 3-5 seconds, but she did it for like 10 seconds in that one performance. She probably strained her voice a bit from that one.

You know, Hikki tries real hard with these performances. In one of them, she looks real sad at the end, like she felt she disappointed her fans or something. Usually, she smiles or something.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
NarutoEXE said:
And also right before these Passion performances, she also did live performances for her other single, Be My Last. In one of the first performances, which was like an orchstreral(alright, I know I spelled it wrong), she had like "ahhs~~~" in her song that maybe were like 3-5 seconds, but she did it for like 10 seconds in that one performance. She probably strained her voice a bit from that one.

You know, Hikki tries real hard with these performances. In one of them, she looks real sad at the end, like she felt she disappointed her fans or something. Usually, she smiles or something.

I love Hikki as much as the next person, but I've never seen any of her live performances and from just watching this one I'm loving her even more since she does actually sing...that scored some big points for me. Hopefully people aren't being too hard on her, about the fact that she doesn't sound too great during her performance of Passion.

Whispered.Hope

Oh, which performance is this? I've watched them all xD If it sounds like she has a cold, it's probably one of the two before Utaban. I don't even think Hikki was lip-singing the reversed lyrics. She was just saying them to herself, IMO, anyway.

velocity2325

who said i was gone :D
Awards
Website
www.xanga.com
as u kno when she sang simple and clean she had a beautiful voice. :D but think simple and clean was a soft song compare to passion. Passion has more of an edge if u kno wat im saying. but who knows? i might be wrong

p.s. i have a video of her singing simple and clean(english) live and it was really similar to the cd

Last edited:

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
velocity2325 said:
as u kno when she sang simple and clean she had a beautiful voice. :D but think simple and clean was a soft song compare to passion. Passion has more of an edge if u kno wat im saying. but who knows? i might be wrong

p.s. i have a video of her singing simple and clean(english) live and it was really similar to the cd

Passion is more edgy than Simple and Clean but it still sounds like she has a cold...could you provide me a link for the S&C Performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back