• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► Live Music

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Not the band Live.

Just general talk about bands live. Who you have seen, who you are seeing, who you want to see etc.

Umm this year I have been to quite a few so the highlights have been ~ La Dispute, Local Natives, Gotye, Defeater, !!! (Chk CHk Chk)

I must say though the best show I have seen this year (arguably ever) was Foals at Byron. The first time I saw Foals I really just didn't have a good time, the crowd was crap it was so crowded.

This time it was a really intimate show with only about 200 people. The crowd was good and the stage was only about a meter high so it didn't really feel like you were looking up at them at all. The sound was also pretty incredible, and the band were tight as.

Anyway, lets hear it

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
I've seen Scorpions live. Not the animals, the band.

It was last September 11 (believe it or not). The stadium was quite full (it's got space for like 30.000 people if I remember), my dad and me were in the yellow seats section - there were at least five people in that part, the rest was crowded as hell.

The crowd was really goddamn excited (not surprising since the band has quite the fanbase here in Brazil). Sound was amazing, though I had to sit through at least 75% of the show with my ears covered. It was the first live show I ever saw of a band, y'know. In a stadium.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Only band I've seen live this year was Beady Eye (basically Oasis minus Noel) over in Manchester, was a pretty good gig altogether. Music was good, crowd could have been better, but there we go. I'm beginning to become an old man when it comes to standing at gigs, get annoyed with a lot of people towards the front so I'm starting to become more chilled out towards the back and letting the sweaty get sweaty at the front.

Last year, went to see Foals towards the end of it and that was a great gig, small venue and a pretty good crowd. Foals were brilliant and just a great gig over all.

Haven't got any more gigs lined up really, was planning on getting tickets to see Kasabian in Manchester but one of my mates couldn't do it so we decided against it.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
I saw Dream Theater and Iron Maiden last summer. Shit was great, I'm glad I got to see Dream Theater before Mike Portnoy quit.

I saw Anthrax last September and it was great. I was able to get up close and I got caught in a mosh or two.

I'm going to Mayhem Fest this year, but I'm only going to see Megadeth and Machine Head. The rest of the bands suck.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
@Space cowboy - Its a shame you can't see Kasabian they put on a great show.

I know what you mean about hanging back, its way more relaxed just enjoying the music, not getting sweaty and annoyed with the crowd etc. Its exactly what I did at Grinderman a couple of months ago. Just ended up staying back with my girlfriends mum and loving it. Such a great gig, Nick Cave man. He just commands your attention.

@Omega - Yeah thats heaps lucky. Even though Mangini is more than capable of filling the shoes of Portnoy it still would have been great to see them with him.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
@Space cowboy - Its a shame you can't see Kasabian they put on a great show.

I know what you mean about hanging back, its way more relaxed just enjoying the music, not getting sweaty and annoyed with the crowd etc. Its exactly what I did at Grinderman a couple of months ago. Just ended up staying back with my girlfriends mum and loving it. Such a great gig, Nick Cave man. He just commands your attention.

Yeah, I've seen Kasabian before when I saw Oasis at Wembley, they were supporting and they put on one hell of a show, was brilliant.

I know right? Theres just something about chilling out at the back that I prefer now, I had my fill of sweaty crowds back in my more metal days.

Damn, that'd be a good show. How good was it? I'd love to see Nick Cave live.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Yeah, I've seen Kasabian before when I saw Oasis at Wembley, they were supporting and they put on one hell of a show, was brilliant.

I know right? Theres just something about chilling out at the back that I prefer now, I had my fill of sweaty crowds back in my more metal days.

Damn, that'd be a good show. How good was it? I'd love to see Nick Cave live.

Oh far out Wembley. I would love to see someone there, looks so intense.

Nick Cave was everything I expected which was incredible. All of the band are fantastic musicians. Warren Ellis was just incredible rocking out on the violin and guitar etc. It was just a very raw, very powerful performance. If you ever get the chance try to get tickets, I don't think you would be disappointed at all.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I've seen Toby Keith twice (my family loves his music), the first being the opening concert of his 'Honkytonk U' Tour in 2005 in Charlotte, the second being in the late summer of 2009 (whatever tour that was. xD).

I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Outlaws and Molly Hatchet about a year ago in Kansas City. Good show, though M.H. was definitely outclassed by L.S. and The Outlaws.

However, the BEST concert I've been to thus far in my life was Journey at Honolulu, Hawaii on March 28th, 2009 (the last of the three Honolulu performances during the Revelation Tour). Anyone who thinks the band is just about Steve Perry needs to check out the stuff with the new guy, Arnel Pineda, and see the band live when they can. The new boy kicks ASS and the whole band is terrific live. <3

YUPPP

Seeing Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, and Three Days Grace tonight. Not a fan of TDG, but I love A7X and BFMV.

I'm going to Mayhem Fest this year, but I'm only going to see Megadeth and Machine Head. The rest of the bands suck.

All Shall Perish and In Flames don't suck.

Two greatest "big" shows I've been to:
Modest Mouse
Mastodon with Between the Buried and Me, Baroness, and Valient Thorr

outside of that, best local show I've ever been to had Alistair Hennessey, Tribes, Rome B.C., and Brothers Loyalty on it.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Taking Back Sunday (Deck the Hall Ball 06; was supposed to see them again in Sept. 09 at Blink-182 Reunion Tour, but traffic called for us to miss them)
Angels and Airwaves (Deck the Hall Ball 06)
Gnarls Barkley (Deck the Hall Ball 06)
Jet (Deck the Hall Ball 06)
Weezer (x2) (1st time on Blink-182 Reunion Tour 09, but missed half their show; 2nd time at the world-famous Bumbershoot (2010) festival in Seattle and I got to see River's from 5ish feet away and I came)
Blink-182 (Reunion Tour 09)
Cage the Elephant (Bumbershoot 10)
The Classic Crime (Dec. 09- will tell of an interesting experience below)
Mae (May 09)
Rise Against (Bumbershoot 2010)
Hole (Bumbershoot 2010, worst performance I had seen ever, Courtney Love sucks.)
The Killers (Deck the Hall Ball 08, my favorite band so I hope to see them again)
Death Cab for Cutie (Deck the Hall Ball 08)
Shiny Toy Guns (Deck the Hall Ball 08)

So, I've seen quite a few bands, some who I can't recall as I've gone to shows where I didn't know the bands.
I'm hoping on going to a Panic! at the Disco in July, if I can get the tickets. I really, really, really want to see Avenged Sevenfold eventually. Once The Killers do whatever they are doing in-studio, and hopefully release an album late this year or early next year, I hope they go on tour again becase I want to see them again.

When I went to see The Classic Crime, during the opening band, I got a major head rush. After hoping for it to pass, my vision started to fade and I had to make my way, as I kept stumbling almost falling over, to the bathroom. Once I was in the bathroom, it passed but my face was red and I was sweating like hell. A security guard followed me, and brought me outside, and he assumed I had done drugs or drank alcohol before the show or somethin' and I missed like 4 bands, 1 of which I knew. After a while, he asked me if I had eaten anything that day, and I realized I hadn't. He told me that the lights and noise can make you almost faint like that if you haven't eaten, and then I got like 5 free cookies and a bottle of water. After I ate, I was able to go back in and see the last one weird bands, and then The Classic Crime. I kept the water bottle and still have it.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
only highlight concert i've been to is muse. pretty amazing. gonna be seeing kid cudi next month. excited for that.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
only highlight concert i've been to is muse. pretty amazing. gonna be seeing kid cudi next month. excited for that.

Muse are fucking incredible live. I got a free ticket to their arena show in Aust last year, seriously one of the best performances of my life.

YUPPP

I saw Muse a while back. Incredible performers.

I saw Radiohead, and that may be my highlight concert. Only because they played "Climbing Up The Walls", my all time favorite RH song.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Ok hopefully seeing Modest Mouse next month. God I hope I get tickets, am willing to do disgraceful things for one hey.

Apart from that, I saw Dandy Warhols the other friday night and it was pretty good. They're pretty exciting to see, definitely recommend seeing them hey. If anyone has seen Dig, its kind of like that I guess, except you can tell they have matured in the 10 or so years since that film.

Sparks

gone
I fI can keep my 4.0 by the time finals are over, then my mom is gonna let me and a friend go to an Owl City concert in Salt Lake city. It's the closest location to us since I live out in the middle of nowhere. I'm pretty pumped. I've been to a few concerts before, but I'm not sure what this kind of crowd is going to be like, and how early I'll have to get there to make sure I'm right up at the front.

And I'm sure that I'm ending the year with a 4.0 so I'll get to go.
Ninety-eight percent sure.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Just saw Young the Giant on Saturday. Later this summer I'm seeing Airborne Toxic Event again with Naked & Famous, Bon Iver, Maroon 5/Train (lol 18th birthday so my friends bought me a ticket to go with them for tailgating purposes), possibly Jack's Mannequin with Ra Ra Riot and Guster, Ellie Goulding, Glitch Mob/Phantogram, The Cool Kids, and The Knux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back