• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► Live Music

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I saw Devo in June 2008. They sounded great for being so old. Saw the Rolling Stones in 2004. They too sounded great for being so old.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Went to the concert last night. AMAZING. I was four rows away from the stage. O-O All three bands gave the best performances I've ever seen and meeting the band members of Journey was an epic experience. Arnel Pineda (lead singer) looked straight at me several times through out the concert! :D

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Went to the concert last night. AMAZING. I was four rows away from the stage. O-O All three bands gave the best performances I've ever seen and meeting the band members of Journey was an epic experience. Arnel Pineda (lead singer) looked straight at me several times through out the concert! :D

That had to be the best thing ever. When you get to meet a band member, especially if its of a group as legendary as Journey, the memory lives on forever. I never got to meet any members of any bands, but still I can just imagine. So, yeah good for ya. :D

It's a great bonus to get to see the show 4 rows back.

Theart

Awards
That had to be the best thing ever. When you get to meet a band member, especially if its of a group as legendary as Journey, the memory lives on forever. I never got to meet any members of any bands, but still I can just imagine. So, yeah good for ya. :D

It's a great bonus to get to see the show 4 rows back.

Here's some footage of the concert near where I was. :D

[video=youtube;rQ04HIdFF1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ04HIdFF1U[/video]

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
The singer really seems to be having fun on the stage. xD And I've noticed in that video, he seemed fixated on you. :eek:
That must have been pretty amazing.

Theart

Awards
The singer really seems to be having fun on the stage. xD And I've noticed in that video, he seemed fixated on you. :eek:
That must have been pretty amazing.

No, the filmer wasn't me. She was seated near where I was. I know cause I recognize her avatar picture as one of the folks I saw sitting near me. :3~

But yeah, Arnel and I did get a good bit of eye contact and playful interaction of hand gestures through out the concert! :D

The 14th Order

Just saw the legendary Joey Belladonna last night! I love how he is such a chill dude. He was so approachable and talkative; he would pretty much sign anything you handed to him with pleasure. His playing was phenomenal; he was singing and drumming at the same time.

Crypter and CSDO were also there, and they pretty much destroyed the place before Joey got on stage. It was a fantastic show, and I had an awesome time.

When Joey was playing Antisocial, my buddy and I jumped up on stage. They let us sing into the mics and everything, it was so awesome. Even though they played a lot of covers, they were all fantastic. I gotta say, Joey is the only one who can even touch Dio. Man on the Silver Mountain was spectacular, he even did a memorial reprise of it at the end of the show.

Makes me think that Joey should be the frontman of the Dio Disciples instead of Ripper Owens.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Just saw the legendary Joey Belladonna last night! I love how he is such a chill dude. He was so approachable and talkative; he would pretty much sign anything you handed to him with pleasure. His playing was phenomenal; he was singing and drumming at the same time.

Crypter and CSDO were also there, and they pretty much destroyed the place before Joey got on stage. It was a fantastic show, and I had an awesome time.

When Joey was playing Antisocial, my buddy and I jumped up on stage. They let us sing into the mics and everything, it was so awesome. Even though they played a lot of covers, they were all fantastic. I gotta say, Joey is the only one who can even touch Dio. Man on the Silver Mountain was spectacular, he even did a memorial reprise of it at the end of the show.

Makes me think that Joey should be the frontman of the Dio Disciples instead of Ripper Owens.

Lucky bastard!

The 14th Order

The pits were pretty gnarly for the thrash acts. Joey kinda winded down the crowd with his set, doing a lot of heavy metal and hard rock covers.

but, yeah I guess I am a lucky bastard, aren't I? I swiped one of the bar posters and got him to make it out to me and sign it.
(something that I appreciate: It really speaks volumes about an artist when they aren't arrogant assholes, and who actually give their fans the time of day. He was even playing pool with the fans. It was so surreal to see him just chatting with us).

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
The last concert I was at was Manchester Orchestra with The Dear Hunter opening and White Denim supporting. White Denim was kinda boring, but the other two were absolutely incredible.

Next Saturday I'm seeing fun. for free and I'm so stoked. However, New Found Glory is also playing but whatever

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I've seen Seal live. It was a fun time, he's a really energetic and charismatic performer.

I live in Brazil so we don't really get any of the indie bands I love touring here, and if they do they go to the BIG cities like Rio and Sao Paulo which are very far from where I live, so it makes me sad >:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I saw Ludo live on my birthday last year. Was so amazing. Even the part where they make you sit on the alcohol covered floor for their acoustic version of "Love Me Dead"

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Going to see Warbringer in March and Red Hot Chili Peppers in October. I'm hesitant to go to Mayhem Fest this year because of the abysmal show last year. If half of the main stage bands are decent, I'll probably go to that as well.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Never been to a concert before. Wanted to go to a Foo Fighters show that was here back in November, but the tickets were like $90 :I My friend wants to take me to a Chevelle concert soon though.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I just saw Anthony Green tonight. Holy shit best show I've been to. The Dear Hunter opened (seriously greatest opening band. Can't believe how amazing both of their sets I've seen were for an opening act) and again it was incredible. They played an entirely different set from when I saw them in November.

Never been to a concert before. Wanted to go to a Foo Fighters show that was here back in November, but the tickets were like $90 :I My friend wants to take me to a Chevelle concert soon though.

I might see Foo Fighters in May if I decide to go to Day 2 of Bamboozle.

Nov

Awards
I'm going to see Rise Against in March, Michael Bublé in April and then finally Mötley Crüe in June. Very excited about that because I've been listening to them since I was 12 and I've missed them like four times already, I think.

I might go to see The Sounds in March too, not so sure about that though as I've seen them already and tickets are fairly expensive.

I might go to Provinssirock festival this summer as well because even though they've announced only four bands, I already have a massive reason to go: Mastodon. And I'm also interested to see Slayer and Nightwish as I haven't had a chance to see them before.

Tuska Open Air Metal Festival also interests me because of Insomnium, Lamb of God, Apocalyptica, Animals As Leaders and Textures and I guess I could check Ministry and Suicide Silence as well.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
At the moment I am tossing up spending the last of my money and flying down to Melbourne to see Circa Survive in Feb. They are also playing in my city but only as part of a festival which sold out pretty damn quickly. Not to mention they're the only band I am desperate to see on the line up.

I saw Tenacious D and Foo Fighters about a month ago, which was pretty great. Seeing Jack Black and Kyle do their thing was pretty special. Very disappointing though is they didn't do any songs together, which I was pretty eager for.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I just saw Zola Jesus tonight. Holy shit her show was absolutely enchanting. She touched me (TWICE) and at one point jumped into the crowd singing and dancing. She disappeared though because she's so small.

Also, might be Bonnaroo-bound this June.

Nov

Awards
So I saw Rise Against last night and the show was amazing! It had been 9 months since I had last seen a live show so it felt pretty good going there. Though somehow I always forget how annoying it is to queue to get in to the place but especially when you have to get out. Thank god there were areas restricted only for over 18 year olds so I found myself a good spot from the balcony where from I saw perfectly. But yeah, they played pretty much all my favorite songs and all in all, I've got nothing to complain, I'd definitely like to see them again this summer but we'll see if I've got the money. And Touché Amoré and Architects which were the supporting bands had pretty nice shows as well.

Thinking about going to see Every Time I Die in May. I haven't seen them yet and the tickets are surprisingly very cheap but it's in the middle of the week which makes it a bit more difficult as I'd still have school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back