• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► Live Music

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zexilicious

I take a potato chip and EAT IT!
Eating Rosebud Frozen Green Peas. Full of Country
Foxy Shazam! - goes without explaining partly. They are just...so goddamn intense. It's just like a huge party. They jump all over the stage and all just have a great time. The singer, Eric, cracks the weirdest jokes that are just so funny, and the music is just all around fantastic. I'm SO glad I got to see them.

Modest Mouse - They played mostly songs from Moon & Antarctica which made me SO very happy. And they played songs from their new EP, which isn't bad. They also played Building Nothing Out of Something songs (like Broke, which is my personal favorite song) and Truckers Atlas and Cowboy Dan, so I was happy. Isaac Brock, while he might not be the powerhouse vocalist he used to be, is still great. And the rest of the music is still just as good.

Circa Survive - Just crazy. No more explaining. Anthony Green's voice resonating in the small club is still ringing through my ears. They played a good chunk of songs from every album they have and the crowd was awesome. Anthony Green said that it was one of the best crowds he had ever played for because we: "fucked shit up."

The Dear Hunter with Moving Mountains - Ambient music at it's finest. With Moving Mountains opening with it's fine blend of progressive indie and metal genres and The Dear Hunter with their Indie rock, it was just FANTASTIC. Two of my favorite bands playing at one concert. <3 Moving Mountains also had some of the best lighting I have ever seen.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
I saw Death Cab for Cutie last night. It was a great show. Honestly, I didn't really know the band that well (and still don't) but I still enjoyed the concert, despite not knowing a few songs they played. Pretty huge hipster presence there, though.

Dyed Red

I don't know if this counts, but went to a free show not long ago and saw Journey. It was a three song set, but it was so great, they're such nice guys, and the energy was amazing. It was nice being able to see a band that has an even better sound live then they do in studio.

The 14th Order

I saw Dream Theater on their Black Clouds tour with Portnoy still at the drums. First legit show. Epic.

Then I saw Slayer/Megadeth/Testament on their anniversary tour. Fucking awesome show.

I saw Lich King, MA. Bay Area Thrash Metal. Awesome show, even though my four friends and I were the whole pit.
Head-butted a monitor by accident; it toppled over. Priceless.

I saw Soundgarden last month [with Coheed and Cambria, I guess I'll mention that, not a fan though].
That show was awesome, literally made my life. Perfect setlist. Awesome seats. Just a great experience.

I regret not seeing Judas Priest live a couple years ago. Now K.K. retired [to work on his golfing career... lame] so it just wouldn't be the same without him.

I just missed Stone Temple Pilots yesterday, they sold out way too quick.

I hope to see Opeth next month.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
My first concert was Tommy Emmanuel, about... well, I think it was probably either early last year, or later in the year before. I also saw Rufus Wainwright around then. I saw Iggy and the Stooges last summer at NXNE, and Paul McCartney a bit later. I just saw Cage the Elephant open for the Black Keys, and let me say this, they were both DAMN awesome. I only hope that, one day, my band will acquire a disco ball as gigantic as the Black Keys'.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
I saw Dream Theater on their Black Clouds tour with Portnoy still at the drums. First legit show. Epic.

Then I saw Slayer/Megadeth/Testament on their anniversary tour. Fucking awesome show.

I saw Lich King, MA. Bay Area Thrash Metal. Awesome show, even though my four friends and I were the whole pit.
Head-butted a monitor by accident; it toppled over. Priceless.

I saw Soundgarden last month [with Coheed and Cambria, I guess I'll mention that, not a fan though].
That show was awesome, literally made my life. Perfect setlist. Awesome seats. Just a great experience.

I hope to see Opeth next month.

I fucking hate you. But I did see Dream Theater open for Iron Maiden, so that was pretty awesome.

The 14th Order

I fucking hate you. But I did see Dream Theater open for Iron Maiden, so that was pretty awesome.

Hey now, don't hate the player; hate the tour schedule.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I also had seen Toad the Wet Sprocket play at my alma matter. I even got my ticket signed by Glen! Although, I gotta say... Glen was kinda awkward to talk to... but maybe it's just because they're getting old.

I saw Coheed last year with Fang Island opening. Good show.

Saw Listener last month, and saw Fences and Mansions last night (along with roughly only 9 other people).

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Goddamn thats fantastic. Originally I never really had any desire to see him live. Then I watched this:

‪Bon Iver - Skinny Love Live on Jools Holland‬‏ - YouTube

Yeah now I want to see him so much.

Does not even compare. He saved this for the encore. The rest of the band was harmonizing behind him and the neck of his guitar broke so he just threw it across the stage and literally everyone was chanting it. Best concert experience ever. Plus the opening band, the Rosebuds, were phenomenal as well.

Since my last post I've also seen Train and Maroon 5, which honestly I just went to have a fun time with friends but it wasn't a bad concert by any musical means, and Airborne Toxic Event (again) with the Naked and Famous. The second one was great except for the PA blowing out a few times.

rdyman

Went to day 3 of Lollapalooza. My first concert, music festival, and Lollapalooza. I went to see Lord Huron, Titus Andronicus, Rival Schools, Flogging Molly, Arctic Monkeys, and Foo Fighters.

They all put on amazing shows. Flogging Molly and Foo Fighters were my favorites of that day. The crowds were freaking intense and so energetic. Plus, I finally got to see Dave Grohl's gum chewing in person. And it rained too, which made it even more memorable for me.

Went to day 3 of Lollapalooza. My first concert, music festival, and Lollapalooza. I went to see Lord Huron, Titus Andronicus, Rival Schools, Flogging Molly, Arctic Monkeys, and Foo Fighters.

They all put on amazing shows. Flogging Molly and Foo Fighters were my favorites of that day. The crowds were freaking intense and so energetic. Plus, I finally got to see Dave Grohl's gum chewing in person. And it rained too, which made it even more memorable for me.

I wish I could see Titus Andronicus. It would be so much fun. Some friends of mine were at Lollapalooza, too, and they saw Explosions in the Sky on day 3. I wish I could see Explosions in the Sky. It would be moving.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I'm trying to see them in October with The Antlers opening. That would be a beautiful show since my friend said he literally was on the verge of tears whenever The Antlers played a song from Hospice when he saw them in May

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I'm seeing Night Ranger, Foreigner and Journey with VIP tickets tomorrow. Meeting Journey (not sure I'll also get to meet the other bands too), and I'll be seated somewhere in one of the first ten front rows. <3

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
got my tickets for Maroon 5 and Train with MATT NATHANSON ♥ as the opener. I'm really quite excited.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
went to death cab last night

amazing set, was a poolside show too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back