• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Live action Pokemon Movie.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
time to make the oran fucking berries.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Pokie

Spoilers :

Ash is now a 17 year old boy at High school who has a giant crush on the hot girl at school Misty. Ash's only friend is the outcast Rock who tries hard to get a girlfriend for Prom but all the girls reject him. Ash is bullied because the school finds out that she sleeps with soft toys still. However, Misty doesn't bully him though he's still shamed.

Ash on his bike, tries to run away in a attempt to try and find a place to be alone for a while and bumps into the town " mad scientist ", and in a experiment gone wrong, Ash's soft toy collection becomes real and they become real monsters. Ash, Misty, and Rock must adventure out to collect the " Pokemon " so they can be soft toys again.

Meanwhile the two main bullies Jess and James find out about this and they want to be town heroes for cash so they can buy the top fashion outfits and be the coolest at Prom. They almost catch Ash's favorite " Pikachu ", but they fail and they fall in mud. LOLS ! ROFL ! XD !

In the end, Ash drops his toy collection and gives them away and makes a hint that he can finally have sex with Misty and kisses her.

/S

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Well, the good news, if you can call it that, is that it's not gonna be based on the anime.
Instead, it looks like it's going to be based on the Detective Pikachu spinoff game that came out in Japan on the 3DS. And the guy behind Gravity Falls is involved in writing, so if you liked that you might have something

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Spoilers :

Ash is now a 17 year old boy at High school who has a giant crush on the hot girl at school Misty. Ash's only friend is the outcast Rock who tries hard to get a girlfriend for Prom but all the girls reject him. Ash is bullied because the school finds out that she sleeps with soft toys still. However, Misty doesn't bully him though he's still shamed.

Ash on his bike, tries to run away in a attempt to try and find a place to be alone for a while and bumps into the town " mad scientist ", and in a experiment gone wrong, Ash's soft toy collection becomes real and they become real monsters. Ash, Misty, and Rock must adventure out to collect the " Pokemon " so they can be soft toys again.

Meanwhile the two main bullies Jess and James find out about this and they want to be town heroes for cash so they can buy the top fashion outfits and be the coolest at Prom. They almost catch Ash's favorite " Pikachu ", but they fail and they fall in mud. LOLS ! ROFL ! XD !

In the end, Ash drops his toy collection and gives them away and makes a hint that he can finally have sex with Misty and kisses her.

/S

I'd change the ending to Misty accepting him for who he is along with his collection because TWIST it turns out she has one herself but didn't approach him earlier because he was a bit too into it.

And then they hint that the sexy stuff will happen on top of a pile of those toys.

Veevee

Awards
Gawd, I don't know why Japan and 'merica are so obsessed about Live Action movies. There are only a few good live action anime adaptions, most of them are utter garbage and some franchises are just not cut out to be made in such a movie. For example, slice of life or anime with a realistic setting are usually bound to adapt better. Bakuman, despite deriving quite a lot from the original story, did well on doing a live action movie because its setting is realistic while anime like Dragonball usually don't transfer quite well because stuff that works well in animation doesn't necessarily translate well into CGI. A good example where transition of an anime quirk doesn't translate to live action is the live action movie of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney. There is this one scene where some character (don't remember who, guess it was Phoenix) says something incredibly stupid and everyone falls over due to the sheer stupidity of what he said. This is a common meme in anime but it looks quite questionable if dozens of real people just fall over. As an anime watcher I understood what they were getting at, but I still found it odd and kinda vexing; if a non-anime watcher would've seen this scene, I'm not sure whether he / she would've understood what was going on all of a sudden. Long story short: Pokemon live action movie is a bad idea.

ImVentus

Awards
Well ..... that was ... something.
Looks really jarring, and it's going to take a while to get used to that CGI.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not going to lie I thought it was a fan made trailer at first. Hopefully the CGI looks a bit better in the second trailer

D

Deleted member 246005

I thought it was good in a goofy kids movie kind of way.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Looks fine to me. Pretty funny. Never got around to playing this or any Pokemon game since the Yellow Pikachu GB edition killmenow, but it looks like a fun time. Ryan Reynolds is enough for this guy to give it a shot <3

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Jeez, probably not going to go near this at all. The Mr. Mime part looks alright, I guess, but... Ryan Reynolds, really? Why not a Sarah Silverman or another comedian that could fit the voice even a little bit? I just don't get it at all.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Jeez, probably not going to go near this at all. The Mr. Mime part looks alright, I guess, but... Ryan Reynolds, really? Why not a Sarah Silverman or another comedian that could fit the voice even a little bit? I just don't get it at all.

Maybe that's part of the reason: to do the not so much expected, and maybe because Reynolds is the face of a funny character: Deadpool.

Other than the, the CGI looks fine. I just don't dig the designs.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
The CG looks pretty good to me, or maybe I just mean I think the actual models are good. I guess, I feel its basically impossible to seamlessly blend humans and animated monsters like this, so I guess I wasn't expecting them to really look like they could be real. I like how they actually adapted them a bit more to be more realistic tho, they didn't just slap real fur on them like Pokken Tournament.

He isn't really supposed to sound cutesy, in the game, he has a super gruff voice. They kinda just went for a casual adult voice for this version.

TheMostRad

Honestly, I'm super pumped for this primo weird stuff. The semi-realism approach they've taken while keeping the cartoony broad strokes looks way better than anything I could've anticipated, b/c I am all about that feathered Psyduck.

Actually, nah, this warrants bullet points for the things I liked from this trailer:
  • As mentioned, that blend of cartoony + realism
  • My favorite migrained mallard
  • Takes place within the established word of Pokemon rather than being a NPH-Smurfs tale of the lone Detective Pikachu falling into our world (which was a legit fear when this was announced)
  • Doesn't follow a Pokemon trainer but rather just an avg. joe
  • It's The Wild Thornberries Movie, but all the animals have superpowers (which I am listing as a plus)
  • This inspired maybe my 2nd-favorite ProZD sketch of all time now

[video=youtube;xU3BiUMUkc4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU3BiUMUkc4[/video]

SoulXaldin

Awards
I'm gonna keep my expectations low on this one because at the end of the day, it's another live adaptation of a video game franchise and we all know how those tend to go. Sure, recent adaptations like Tomb Raider and Rampage (yep, that's a video game adaptation of an old arcade game) have proven to better than most, but those are still kinda mediocre. And although Detective Pikachu looks promising and Ryan Renolds seems to be enjoying himself, you gotta remember that the director helming this film doesn't exactly have a consistent catalog and may easily botch this because studios ultimately want to make money and won't give the creative teams the liberty to make a good product.

I'd watch out for this if I were youse.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back