• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Little Things in the Jump Festa 2016 Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I doubt the trailers are representative of where they are now. They probably made these trailers earlier in the year and just showed them later. That's why I get annoyed when I see people saying "twilight town isn't finished. It's so early in development". We don't know when they made these trailers. Just when they were released. Same goes for 0.2. First, I don't think they characters look that bad. Second, it's the same thing they showed at d23. Meaning when it was released at jump festa, it obviously wasn't an accurate representation of the current state of development by at the very least a month and a half. I have faith, but I also have the common sense to know that they planned these trailers ahead of time, not just threw them together the night before.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I doubt the trailers are representative of where they are now. They probably made these trailers earlier in the year and just showed them later. That's why I get annoyed when I see people saying "twilight town isn't finished. It's so early in development". We don't know when they made these trailers. Just when they were released. Same goes for 0.2. First, I don't think they characters look that bad. Second, it's the same thing they showed at d23. Meaning when it was released at jump festa, it obviously wasn't an accurate representation of the current state of development by at the very least a month and a half. I have faith, but I also have the common sense to know that they planned these trailers ahead of time, not just threw them together the night before.
Amen to that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
IIRC, the KH3 footage was pretty much cut from the E3 trailer meaning the content shown at D23/Jump Festa was probably done back by May/June so who knows what it might look like by now. (Also explains the lack of Big Hero 6. I really wanna see that world)

Antar

Awards
I dunno, I somehow doubt they have any other worlds up to the same status as the worlds we have seen. Maybe something very rough of a few areas, like without textures, but nothing to be shown yet, I imagine. They are probably focusing on other stuff right now and not worlds.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I dunno, I somehow doubt they have any other worlds up to the same status as the worlds we have seen. Maybe something very rough of a few areas, like without textures, but nothing to be shown yet, I imagine. They are probably focusing on other stuff right now and not worlds.
I just meant that since the content was cut from E3, Big Hero 6 wouldn't have been anywhere in there since it was announced two months after E3 and that it's a shame because I'm really looking forward to seeing their take on that world.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It kinda sucks that we don't know how far in development the game is. Can't Nomura give us a percentage instead of "It's going smoothly"?
Game Development typically can't be so easily quantifiable like that, especially in the middle of it, which is why they are hesitant to say specifics like percentages. Like, it's not like they are developing the game world by world, finishing one 100% before moving onto the next. They're all being worked on at once, in various stages of development and progress so being able to look at that and say "Yes we're at X%" is pretty difficult, especially when still so many things can be cut for various reasons or a world can be going really well until all of the sudden it doesn't become viable to keep developing it, etc.

(and it was fully developed by the tokyo team)
Naw.

I actually like the Models. I have no idea why everyone has something against them. It's obvious that nothing is the final version, and the Models are definitely going to change.
I think most people just aren't used to something being so obviously "In Development". The series has more or less had the same art style since it's inception, so trailers of in-development games didn't look wildly different from the actual game in terms of graphics (it was typically the battle system that was always changing, not the graphics). So this is just new. I think it's also the first time S-E has really used such obviously in-development footage in terms of the graphics. Like for the general public, it gives the impression that S-E thinks these models are good enough and won't be improved on since they are sharing it with everyone. Especially in contrast to how they are marketing 2.8 (which doesn't show off the unfinished models of the Foretellers, for example. Or of Aqua). I think people just aren't used to the trailers not being as representative of the actual game yet. As development continues and it becomes more and more clear that things are still developing and changing and getting better i think there will be less complaints.

Last edited:

AurisFlown

Awards
I feel like in a few months, SE will probably change the Visuals on the Models with all the complaints about it looking weird.

ESPECIALLY MICKEY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back