• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Little Things in the Jump Festa 2016 Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
of course there is still fish-face. it takes a lot more time and effort to add in completely new animation work vs. remastering what is already there. and you know, fish-face isn't always bad. it has its purpose. and super detailed faces that aren't doing the work of being expressive actually end up sticking out more than if it was a low-poly fish face. (i think this is part of the reason why so many complain about riku/kairi in 0.2. their models are higher polygon and more detailed but that just makes the fact that they are hardly being animated stick out even more than if they had just been using a low-poly model).

you should give this series a watch. it's a professional animator going through the first kh1 game and talking in detail about the animation work (super interesting). in one of the video he talks in depth about the fish-face thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8aygr-1xAA

honestly, when i first saw the "mickey has no shadow" i just assumed no one in DDD had shadows and this was something they were adding in for 2.8 lol. i never noticed or not noticed the game having shadows ><
Thank you for the link. I really am interested into that kind of stuff. Watching it now. :)

AurisFlown

Awards
So know we know.

Blue Menu is the Standby / Non - Battle color and Orange / Yellow Menu is the Battle Color.

I really hope the Shortcut's will let you do 3 different sets of shortcuts instead of just scrolling down or up for more.

Also, it seems the the Shot-lock we see is more of a fusion of Shot-lock's and Flow Motion combined into 1 but it might be Weapon lock which worries me but excites me, because it would then mean we would have to choose not only the stat's of a keyblade, but the skills and other stuff said keyblade's can do.

Most likely the Worlds are still in Development and we are only seeing certain area's of the world's that have been completed and functioning correctly without glitches and what not.

Another Also is that I realized the Shot-Lock Sora does that makes him get very close to the heartless, until you press the Attack Button, he wont attack them and just pass them.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I think the shortcut Menu is a sign of what the hybrid-gameplay will be like. Maybe you can put commands in there?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I still can't get over how weirded out I am by the graphics of KH3. I've rewatched the trailer again recently and, aside from a couple of moments, things just look wrong to me. Especially compared to the Luminous footage, the look of the game is so drastically different. The shading especially is something I can't get used to. Truly wonder whether or not this is still gonna change to look closer to the reveal trailer.

The Rapunzel footage in particular really bothers me. Looking at Donald and Goofy and how weird their models look (more specifically, the way the shading makes the textures look), I just can't help but get really worried.

Awards
I still can't get over how weirded out I am by the graphics of KH3. I've rewatched the trailer again recently and, aside from a couple of moments, things just look wrong to me. Especially compared to the Luminous footage, the look of the game is so drastically different. The shading especially is something I can't get used to. Truly wonder whether or not this is still gonna change to look closer to the reveal trailer.

The Rapunzel footage in particular really bothers me. Looking at Donald and Goofy and how weird their models look (more specifically, the way the shading makes the textures look), I just can't help but get really worried.
I don't see anything wrong with the graphics. Aside from Mickey's face, everything looks so good to me. :3 Especially Mysterious Tower. HAVE YOU SEEN THE SKY THERE IT LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL LIKE THAT VAN GOGH PAINTING.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I am pretty convinced that they still aren't done with the character models and so there is a lot of texturing to be completed. The world around the characters are so wonderfully detailed that it is impossible that the characters will be plastic-looking. It doesn't match what they wanted graphically anyways, like when they talked about how they want each world to feel close to the movie as possible visually.

Also it is very possible that the Kingdom Shader isn't complete yet…

Muke

whatever
Awards
I am pretty convinced that they still aren't done with the character models and so there is a lot of texturing to be completed. The world around the characters are so wonderfully detailed that it is impossible that the characters will be plastic-looking. It doesn't match what they wanted graphically anyways, like when they talked about how they want each world to feel close to the movie as possible visually.

^^^^^^

Agreed. To be honest, I think the game is only 30% finished as of now. Maybe less..

Muke

whatever
Awards
It kinda sucks that we don't know how far in development the game is. Can't Nomura give us a percentage instead of "It's going smoothly"?
Of course he can't. We should be happy about hearing that line, it's the most we'll get. (for now)

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Still can't get over how good sora donald and goofy look in the luminous engine.Just looked like a natural transition from ps2 to ps4 hardware and this was even earlier in development then they are now.

Especially loved how the lightning and shadows looked in the luminous engine.Had this soft look to it which to me seems a lot more fitting.

If only we lived in some alternate universe where the luminous engine was as easy to work with as unreal 4(and it was fully developed by the tokyo team)

Muke

whatever
Awards
Still can't get over how good sora donald and goofy look in the luminous engine.Just looked like a natural transition from ps2 to ps4 hardware and this was even earlier in development then they are now.

Especially loved how the lightning and shadows looked in the luminous engine.Had this soft look to it which to me seems a lot more fitting.

If only we lived in some alternate universe where the luminous engine was as easy to work with as unreal 4(and it was fully developed by the tokyo team)

PrinceNoctis said:
The rule states that a first game has to be completed with a certain technology before it can be used for other games. "The first game acts as a test" according to the Final Fantasy World article. Because of that, the Luminous Engine stayed exclusive to FINAL FANTASY XV and thus, games like KINGDOM HEARTS III or FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE moved to the Unreal Engine to pursue their development. Once FINAL FANTASY XV is released,in 2016, more games could be developped with the Luminous engine.
PrinceNoctis said:
Here's the Final Fantasy World article (if you read french)
http://www.ffworld.c...ge=voir&id=3180

Here ya go why they can't use the engine. It is such a pity, tbh. I would've loved to play KH3 in the Luminous Engine..

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I think no matter what is done, a lot of people are gonna say that the character models look weird. It's not too surprising, since this is the first major change in art style that the series has seen (that wasn't an opening sequence).

I'm really not that worried about models. There're much worse things that could go wrong than that.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
That doesn't change anything i said.

It was still a pain to work with as it took it em so long for them to finish it.It's not like they'll ever outright say it though.

Muke

whatever
Awards
That doesn't change anything i said.

It was still a pain to work with as it took it em so long for them to finish it.It's not like they'll ever outright say it though.
Wasn't supposed to change what you said, soo....

Awards
I think no matter what is done, a lot of people are gonna say that the character models look weird. It's not too surprising, since this is the first major change in art style that the series has seen (that wasn't an opening sequence).

I'm really not that worried about models. There're much worse things that could go wrong than that.
The only thing I can say about the models is that there's no default face and no blocky fingers :3 Yey

Muke

whatever
Awards
I actually like the Models. I have no idea why everyone has something against them. It's obvious that nothing is the final version, and the Models are definitely going to change.

Antar

Awards
I actually like the Models. I have no idea why everyone has something against them. It's obvious that nothing is the final version, and the Models are definitely going to change.

Yeah, definitely, I never voiced my opinion on them yet because it's obvious that everything is very early. Same with animations, they change in every new video xD
I want to wait a bit before I start forming my opinions on details like that, for now, the game looks really good!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, definitely, I never voiced my opinion on them yet because it's obvious that everything is very early. Same with animations, they change in every new video xD
I want to wait a bit before I start forming my opinions on details like that, for now, the game looks really good!
I kinda feel the same. Really. Even how he summons the Keyblade changes with every trailer. xD

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

I'd say the same thing, but then I'm reminded of 0.2 being a thing and basically being a "demo" for 3. And that looks unfinished as well, just by looking at the trailer footage (Riku, Kairi, Mickey and Yen Sid look like plastic). If it truly is that early still and they really are still figuring out the look of the game, then I'm not sure why they'd put out something that early to begin with.

There's quite a lot of uncertainty attached to all of this, something Square's been known for the last couple of years. And I don't know how to feel about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back