• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Little Things in the Jump Festa 2016 Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antar

Awards
Like everyone else, I am really excited about the new trailer we got! It was great! But I also noticed a few little things that might actually be pretty big!

Click Here for the Trailer

3:55 - Sora jumps onto an enemy very briefly. Could this be flowmotion off of enemies? Sort of like what they showed bits of before?

3:57 - Sora runs into Goofy and a different running animation plays. It makes it look like Sora dodges him instead of colliding.

4:02 - It looks like we get Aerial Dodge back (or it can be DoubleFlight), which is just amazing! And some other Air Dash ability right after it.

4:10 & 4:45 - The way the keyblade appears in Sora's hand is just...:cool:

4:38 - Sora's Keyblade hits the Yellow Opera (Or whatever it is) but at the same time Glances off of the Large Body. I'm pretty sure that was already in past KH games, but I just thought it was cool.

4:42 & 5:00 - The Solder has a tiny stun/knockback animation when Sora Dodge Rolls into it.

4:44 - The Large Body's stomp sends a shockwave out in the air, too.

4:46 - The Soldier Heartless appear without the same darkness effects as the Operas (Again, they might not be Operas). This is probably because of the early state the game is in. Similar to how Twilight Town isn't finished yet, since at 4:35 you can't see any buildings in the area that leads to the Sandlot.

4:59 - We see some really nice Thunder particle effects on the ground which are a side effect of spells. A few seconds after we see a trail of Fire particle effects, too. This is another example of magic effecting the environment which we saw in the past trailer, with Blizzard and Aero effecting the ground.

I also recommend this analysis video by Soraalam1, he points out most of these things I found and even more! He also talks more about the return of Tech Points!

Last edited:

KH2Rulz

Awards
5:02 and 5:05 - Scrollable shortcut bar?

5:08 onwards - looks like a sequence of aerial attacks ending in two aerial finishers? Or one very long aerial finisher.

EDIT: You can see the same-ish sequence at 4:25, strongly suggesting it is an aerial finisher. The horizontal slash and vertical slash finishers are separated from each other. Finishing Plus ability confirmed?

Can anyone see if the Marluxia-like enemy is a Nobody or Heartless? As in can you see an emblem on it?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Tech points are back but I'm not sure exactly when

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Don't do this to me, chu. You're gonna make me rewatch this trailer again for like the 6th time tonight just to see if I can see such a glorious sight. Rip sleep before work.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It looked lile sora bounced a nocturne off a large body and got "1p, 2p," etc.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The points seem to be related to Attraction Flow, as at a certain point a 99.? (I can't remember the last number) appears in a green bar above the command menu with "Shooting Ride" in katakana

KH2Rulz

Awards

You're right, I think. You can see green 1p, 3p, etc. but they don't appear when the enemy is defeated - just when Sora finishes a combo.
You can also see it at the end of Sora's Shotlock/Flowmo attack (4:19-4:20). The shotlock-like attack has two options - Shiko-to flow (?) and athletic flow. Possibly related to flowmo.

My personal theory/wish? Keyblade exp. Levels up your Keyblade.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Well, shot locks are back. Not too much of a stretch to hope for the Keyblade leveling system from Re:coded to also make a comeback. Pls Osaka do it for me.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You're right, I think. You can see green 1p, 3p, etc. but they don't appear when the enemy is defeated - just when Sora finishes a combo.
You can also see it at the end of Sora's Shotlock/Flowmo attack (4:19-4:20). The shotlock-like attack has two options - Shiko-to flow (?) and athletic flow. Possibly related to flowmo.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Keyblade leveling that changes appearance pls

Antar

Awards
Yeah, those points are very interesting. They seem to appear at finishers and Spockanort was on to something, except the number is 99"6, which I don't know what it could mean. The point cost? Time limit of the ride? It's kind of a strange format since a quotation symbol after numbers usually means inches.

5:02 and 5:05 - Scrollable shortcut bar?

Good catch! That's really interesting to see how it would works. The three dots make me think we will have three shortcut pages. This also confirms that the wind spell we've been seeing is Aero.

Muke

whatever
Awards
When Sora attacks the Nobodies, the Menu suddenly changes. It becomes yellow-ish~

Seighart

Awards
IS no one going to say anything on that beautiful camera movement on 4:00-4:04?! During the first shot lock, it looks like he has to keep hitting the attack button for it to continue or else it may stop. 4:22-4:26, is that a really, really strong homing Magic attack from Donald? You can see it again at 5:07. His magic actually looks devastating compared to what we've seen Sora do in previous trailers.

Edit: I thought that was a quick dash at 3:55, but after watching it a million times he's actually jumping off the heads of the heartless! That's awesome. It's confirmed that the EX bar is for Shot Locks I see. It goes down whenever he uses it, but not fully....huh. 4:09-4:11 the HUD has a MINOR change. The facial animations change from when Sora and Co transition in and out of battle. In fact, the EX Bar is the only thing that moves. Goofy get's hit during 4:30-4:35 but his health bar doesn't go down. The only other thing that goes down is Sora's health actually. Magic doesn't.

The color changing for the command menu has to mean something...maybe it's to indicate Attraction Flow can be used. It stays blue when he's first seen fighting heartless, but every time afterwards its yellow, or it transitions from blue to yellow when he enters a fight. Then again, it stays yellow after he uses it.

Last edited:

Royce & Mueller

I'm a bit surprised that they're still not showing off any 0.2 gameplay, or the re-done KHDDD UI.

Also, glad to see the return of both Shotlocks and Flowmotion.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Not excited about Shotlocks. Too bad they didn't really bring back Tech Points. :/

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Not gonna lie... I'm a bit disappointed that the tech point-ish things seem to be relegated to Shotlocks only, but I'm so not going to look a gift horse in the mouth here; I'm just going to try enjoying these babies in whatever capacity we may get them in, and end off the series properly that way:)

And man, do I sound delirious and loopy. I so need to go to bed now...

KH2Rulz

Awards
Not gonna lie... I'm a bit disappointed that the tech point-ish things seem to be relegated to Shotlocks only, but I'm so not going to look a gift horse in the mouth here; I'm just going to try enjoying these babies in whatever capacity we may get them in, and end off the series properly that way:)

And man, do I sound delirious and loopy. I so need to go to bed now...

Mm they're definitely not shotlock only. You can clearly see the points appear at the end of Sora's physical combo finishers (but not his Aero finisher, weirdly enough). That was what lead me to the conclusion that they were linked to the Keyblade in some manner, but who knows.

Also, I know this has probably been in other trailers, but Fire leaves a trail of burnt ground, just like Aero stirs the grass. So it seems that Fire is a slow homing missile, Blizzard is a fast, 'straight' firing chunk that leaves you frozen ground and Aero is a launcher. Perhaps Thunder will be an AoE non-launcher?

Hirokey123

Awards
Fire isn't that all the time at least once it was a pillar that spread out from around Sora.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I was going to make a video, but when making it I came off as really cynical.

There are too many things that shoot.

Sora can shoot fire.
His Keyblades can turn into guns that shoot.
He can get into a Disney ride that shoots.
Shotlocks are in, now.

None of this is coming across as well thought-out to me.

Couple that with the completely unfinished river animation, the poor hit-stun, and weird jerky animation, I didn't think it was a good trailer at all.

Visuals were superb, but god, that wasn't a good trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back