• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Little Rant: Loading Times

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Yep, because loading a game with so much stuff on a handheld console should be lightning quick.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Also, the more you have on your memory stick the slower the game will run. If you really want the game to be extremely fast, transfer all your PSP data onto your computer except your Bbs data, and then play the game, I had a clear 8GB memory stick with not one thing on it (no pics, videos, themes, etc.) except the highest data install and bbs and the game for me went faster then KH1 or KH2...because my loading time for the first cutscene in a story took roughly 2 seconds or less.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
>_>
Wow... seriously? You write a 3-paragraph rant on loading times that aren't even that bad? If you want bad loading times, play Sonic 06. Those had about 40 second loading times WITH DATA INSTALL -_- The maximum time of loading screens I've seen in the game are 6 seconds and really, are you so impatient that you can't go through 6 seconds? >_>

I've stopped listening to your opinion.

Also, it was just a little rant anyway and it's definitely more than six second. Then again, as people has stated, I'm using a 1000 which could be the cause of the short load time.

Also, Sonic 06 was badly-optimised. That deserved a low score anyway. But still, I can be patient, it's just an annoying niggle for me which destroys the seamless immersion I had with the Jap ISO.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I've stopped listening to your opinion.

...If you stopped listening to my opinion, why did you respond to it? Self-contradictory, eh?

Chrono Mizaki said:
which destroys the seamless immersion I had with the Jap ISO.

You should already have known that there's a MAJOR difference between using a UMD and an ISO in any PSP game.

Xenin

Banned
If you point out that it's bad and sit there and count how long it's taking...It does seem long lol. I didn't have a problem personally, but the menu is such a pain! If you wanna look at something quick better be ready to wait lol. One time it took so ong I thought it froze...but that's all lol.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Yeah I think it might be a 1000 model thing. Same is happening to me. Especially the start menu times. Still not really enough to make me upgrade, tho.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
If you point out that it's bad and sit there and count how long it's taking...It does seem long lol. I didn't have a problem personally, but the menu is such a pain! If you wanna look at something quick better be ready to wait lol. One time it took so ong I thought it froze...but that's all lol.

That only happens to me once. When I'm opening the menu for the first time, it'll load for 1 second but then after that, it opens up the menu right away.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
it'll load for 1 second but then after that, it opens up the menu right away.

The reason it loads quicker when you open it again shortly after, is becuase the psp is used to it's data. So that way it doesn't take as long. But if you wait awhile (let's just say after you beat a world) and then open the menu, it doesn't remember how much data it took to open the menu. I have a 3000 model and it does have to wait a second before it opens the menu, but if I open it again like alittle after or whatev, then it doesn't take as long.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
The reason it loads quicker when you open it again shortly after, is becuase the psp is used to it's data. So that way it doesn't take as long. But if you wait awhile (let's just say after you beat a world) and then open the menu, it doesn't remember how much data it took to open the menu. I have a 3000 model and it does have to wait a second before it opens the menu, but if I open it again like alittle after or whatev, then it doesn't take as long.

About the same with me, but a game with this visual quality, it's kinda hard to argue about some small loading problems.

For The King

To be quite honest the loads times have never bothered me. I've played games with way worse loading times. So maybe I am just not all that bothered by BBS's. I thought they were fine considering how good each cutscene and and everything else in the game looked.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
To be quite honest the loads times have never bothered me. I've played games with way worse loading times. So maybe I am just not all that bothered by BBS's. I thought they were fine considering how good each cutscene and and everything else in the game looked.

My sentiments exactly, and if your REALLY having loading trouble, then I suggest you make sure the colores are 16-bit and set the CPU speed to accelerated.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Uh, maybe you guys forgot to actually turn the usage of the data install funtion on in the start menu config.

I raged at the loading times the first time too, until I noticed it. :l

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
Thats weird mine was always on after I did the install, like it was autop set to on. BVut I was like O.O when I saw the speed up cpu function and the adjust color depth option.

Raebus

The bad thing about choosing to speed up the CPU in the options menu is that it would drain the battery quickly though, so I'd advice against doing that unless you have an AC adaptor nearby to charge whilst playing.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The only thing that bothers me is the lag between pressing start and the menu coming up. Other than that, the load times with Data Install aren't horrible at all.

Original Sin

When I read a review saying that the load times were horrible, I got a little worried.

Then I played the game, and it wasn't horrible. I guess when you're a time-pressed reviewer, waiting 3 seconds for the next screen to come up can feel like an eternity.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
The only thing that bothers me is the lag between pressing start and the menu coming up. Other than that, the load times with Data Install aren't horrible at all.

you and me both
Thirded, I've played much worse. Some people are just never satisfied and act irrational about it. Considering the overal quality of this game, loading times and lag are to be expected. And truth be told, I expected worse. (not much, but still worse) It's just a sign that we're starting to need a PSP2

Yeah I think it might be a 1000 model thing. Same is happening to me. Especially the start menu times. Still not really enough to make me upgrade, tho.

I still play with a 1000 model bought on launch (they are a bit slower) and if it were just the loading times, I wouldn't upgrade either. But I will eventually, because of a busted analog nub (the character/cursor sometimes move on their own, which is a bitch when playing Ice Cream Beat and makes some other games unplayable)

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
please dont complain about load times their not that bad! Midnight club 3 had full minute load times between Races so ive seen worse. So far ive only played through Terra's story, i didnt do data install and im fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back