• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Little Rant: Loading Times

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Daaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyymmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn............... you guys are making it sound like it is super long to load, i doubt it is all that long especially that i am doing max data install so don't get your Keyblade Armors in a bunch

Z

Zulkir

Max Data install+Accelerated CPU (in config options) =about 3-4 spins of that heart in the corner to load. Never bothered me at all.

Soraroxasventus

None of the load times have bugged me at all there was only 1 that was a little long near the end of terras story but w.e idc its a great game and cant be ruined because of load times

A

Artorius Rex

I didn't use data install. The cutscene loading wasn't that much of a deal. At least not to whine about it on the internet.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Yes, many reviewers complain about it... and yes, I bet you're going to say "It's not that bad", but... good god, the loading times in Birth by Sleep is actually quite lengthy even with the data install. I installed the full 600mb [or whatever the highest you can install] and it's still quite lengthy. It 'loads' when you try to access the menu, the cutscenes have some lengthy load times between each and... loading between areas.

I can understand loading between areas. But I hate the cutscenes and menus for the simple fact it 'loads' and it feels like the data install doesn't help. I can't help comparing it to the Japanese version in which I had it on CFW on download and it was quick and seamless for me. It makes me wish that Square-Enix did release a digital download version because as much as owning a 'box' is nice, at least with a download, loading times are quicker and I don't have to listen to that hissing sound from the UMD that drive me nuts.

It makes me want to agree with Gamespot. It deserves a fucking lower score just for the painful loading times.
...At least it's better than Kingdom Hearts II and Days.
Kids these days it's always now, now, now. This game will finally teach you patience.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i can see why it would load alot considering that they added mysterious figure into the game. for me, i think it loads like any other PSP game. i didn't expect it to load very fast.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
i can see why it would load alot considering that they added mysterious figure into the game. for me, i think it loads like any other PSP game. i didn't expect it to load very fast.

I was going to say, you also gotta think on how much stuff was added into the english game. So it's not like you download the highest DI and bam! cutscenes are back to back.

DarkJoker

I personally found the load times quite helpful they gave me time to reflect on a huge cut-scene or to relax after a boss fight.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Only time the load times really bugged me with the menus and stuff is when I just turn on the PSP, after turning it off in the middle of the game. Even then, it's only because it has to warm up.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
>_>
Wow... seriously? You write a 3-paragraph rant on loading times that aren't even that bad? If you want bad loading times, play Sonic 06. Those had about 40 second loading times WITH DATA INSTALL -_- The maximum time of loading screens I've seen in the game are 6 seconds and really, are you so impatient that you can't go through 6 seconds? >_>

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
I personally found the load times quite helpful they gave me time to reflect on a huge cut-scene or to relax after a boss fight.

That is quite beneficial; by comparison it's similar to how the left 4 dead series works. You get a moment of reprieve after an event. Odd comparison I know but I just connected the two. Still for the most part the main issue with BBS is the frequency, all in all from what I've seen (data install and non data install) loading screens aren't long in length so there's not too much to complain about. You want long load times? Play the Sims. Just do it and tell me that BBS has bad load times.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
Yeah honestly, the load times for me aren't really that long, but then again I also picked the biggest install option, but still I don't really have any loading speed problems.

siegleeagle

Yeah you can run the game on an accelerated CPU speed by going to the config in the game menu. That along with the highest data install makes the loading time almost instant for me.

Celus93

The load times dont bother as they used to when I first got BBS I just got used to it for me it kinda prepares the epicness of whats going to happen next lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back