• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Little question...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaracsis

In the end of KH DDD, we can see Riku picking up a bottle inside Sora's heart, and DiZ spoke about it.

I don't really seem to understand what this Data/bottle is about.
Could someone explain?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: Little question..

I'm not too savvy on 3D but the jist of it is that Ansem left important data in Sora's heart that would somehow help those in torment. There isn't a whole lot of information on the mechanics of it though, like how the data will be used and what it contains specifically. It's typical Nomura "please wait a little longer! *laughs*" stuff.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I remember we had a similar thread in the Series-section not long ago, I'm just gonna quote myself from that thread:

myself said:
The bottle contains Ansem the Wise's Research data on Hearts, Memories and Nobodies he did while he was DiZ. It has nothing to do with the secret message from DDD but rather will be the key/main tool for Sora to save the people connected to him who called out to him in Blank Points, right now Riku is just safekeeping it until t can be put to use.

Ansem's data being inside Sora's heart has been confirmed various times in different Ultimanias by now:

BBS Ultimania said:
-- Ansem the Wise says to Aqua "Everything is born from sleep." What does this mean?
Nomura: In that scene the ones who are calling for "Sora" are the ones who have already disappeared from the world. But in the world of KH there is no concept of death, that for example they are just sleeping within Sora's heart. If you can just wake them up, they'll be able to return to the world, they would be "born from sleep". That there would be a possibility of this, is what Ansem the Wise is saying. Even Aqua, who isn't in the realm of light, would be born from sleep.

-- In that case, do the characters we see in that scene have a chance of returning?
Nomura: Yes. The data that Ansem has hidden within Sora is the secret to that revival. When Ansem had become DiZ, and studied the heart and emotions, the results he found he hid within Sora. There are a lot of people who thought that Coded was about finding those results, but that's not true. The ending of Coded was about finding out that DiZ had done something to Sora, as Namine said, finding out about the data that Ansem hid. What that data is will be revealed in the next game.

Re: Coded Ultimania said:
After this, it seems Sora and Riku will be taking their Mark of Mastery Exams. Does this have a direct relation to curing the “pain” of those connected to Sora?

Nomura: No, those are two separate stories. I’m thinking Kingdom Hearts III will be about going to cure their “pain”. I plan on drawing out the story of those two’s Mark of Mastery Exams in another title.

Speaking of the Birth by Sleep secret cutscene, Ansem the Wise says that he hid his research results in Sora. This complies with what happens in Re:Coded when Namine says DiZ (Ansem the Wise) has hid something inside Sora. Is that mystery remaining unsolved?

Nomura: Yes. Namine added data to the Jiminy Journal in order to convey that the “pain” of those connected to Sora must be healed, but at the point in time Ansem hid the research results inside Sora, he didn’t know that. Accordingly, Ansem’s research results will become the key to healing the “pain” in the future of the story.

DDD Ultimania said:
— Before the ending, Riku receives research data from Ansem the Wise. In the next title, will that be the key to bringing back the people who are sleeping inside Sora?
Nomura: You could say it’s the key. That data contains the details explaining the way to connect lost hearts.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards

Pretty much what Sephiroth0812 said, and I find it interesting. :)

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Thanks a lot, Sephiroth0812 for that clarification.

I'm personally quite curious to learn how exactly this "data" works. If it actually looks like a message in a bottle in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back