• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Little Big Planet Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vin

Bronze Member
Heres a thread to post all LBP info and news! I will start first with something just announced for pre-ordering!
LittleBigPlanet: Pre-order Goodness

+ Posted by Mark Valledor // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Hey all,

We’ve been working with our North American retailers to promote the release of LittleBigPlanet in October 2008. And now that the “planning dust” has settled, we wanted to share early details of our pre-order campaign for you to decide which item you’d like. Stay tuned for much more detail on which retailer will have what pre-order item and when to go to your favorite retailer to reserve your copy.

Here’s the master list:

The Official “LittleBigPlanet Creator” MiniGuide by Brady Games - Get this when you preorder from Amazon
This exclusive digital guide is a primer for LittleBIGPlanet’s CREATE tools and provides users with a quick tutorial to begin developing their own levels.”

2005_Brady_Logo_BLK

LittleBigStickerBook - For those of you who love to customize - this item is for you! This exclusive sticker book contains some of our favorite LBP imagery for you to apply your own ‘mash-up’ to your favorite possessions. Or take something else you own and make it your favorite!

LBP - Sticker book mock-up

LittleBigPouch - Keep your LBP game safe and protected from the elements with this exclusive burlap pouch. Its so unique and stylish, it would make a SackMother proud.

LBP pouch

Exclusive Nariko SackGirl - SackBoy’s beware! Nariko SackGirl has been known to keep other SackBoys (and SackGirls) in check. This exclusive downloadable costume features our favorite heroine on the PS3.

LBP - Heavenly Sword Render
2735648321_37c366006a.jpg

Exclusive Kratos SackBoy - Nuff’ said. Yes…the forum rumors were true - but the biggest question remains “why didn’t this guy smile?” Seriously, this is another exclusive downloadable costume that will elevate your SackBoy status to godlike proportions.

LBP - God of War Render- Get this when you pre-order at Gamestop
2736484334_103ec3b4bf.jpg

Source: PlayStation.Blog » LittleBigPlanet: Pre-order Goodness

Release Date: October 30th , 2008

Those in-game dolls look amazing!

Quick Update!
Last week, we reported on the various pre-order goodies for LittleBigPlanet. We now know the identity of two of the retailers you can pre-order from in order to obtain their respective bonus. If you place your order with Amazon now, you will receive a Brady Games miniguide which is "a primer for LittleBigPlanet's CREATE tools and provides users with a quick tutorial to begin developing their own levels." Click here if you want to pre-order with them.

If you pre-order from GameStop, you will receive the exclusive (in North America) Kratos Sackboy costume set. Keep in mind Kratos is an in-game object that will be downloadable via a promotional code on a voucher. The costume set consists of four individual in-game items: signature Kratos skin, goatee, Blades of Athena and Kratos garments. These items are inter-changeable with your costume inventory so you can place the Kratos goatee or Blades of Athena on any Sackboy or Sackgirl. Head over to GameStop now if you want to take advantage of this.

No word yet on which retailer to pre-order from to get the LittleBigPouch, LittleBigStickerBook or Nariko Sackgirl costume set, so stay tuned if you are interested in those bonuses.

Vin

Bronze Member
Here are pics of the sticker book and pouch
2736482512_08906aab9e_o.jpg

2735835441_6d138a0178.jpg

D

The KR3W
All I can say about this is that this the game that I am really looking forward to playing on the PS3

Vox

Omnipresent Power
Awards
Yes so far from everything i have seen. this will be something specia for sure. then after that theres HOME.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
I can't believe I'm asking myself this but...should I get Nariko SackGirl or Kratos SackBoy? lol, I wasn't too excited for this game because I thought I would be too lazy to make my own levels but now I've thought up of some themed-levels that I can't wait to create and play with my friends! They said the game has a big surprise that will make people say "I thought this game was that, but now its this too?" I'm thinking of an option to create props and sell them online like a lightsaber you created or a Solid Snake Sackboy that you made.

Vin

Bronze Member
lol you get both when you pre-order. : ]

T

the

This game looks pretty cool. Its just so.......different. This is truly something that is define by us as the players, not by itself. The possibilities are endless.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Wait we can pre-order now. Whats the release date.
Same thing I was thinking.

I thought since this will be released over the PSN that it wouldn't have a preorder? Or are we able to go into our nearest Best Buy or EB Games or Gamestop and pick up a disk for this game? I always thought it was just for the PSN?

Also said it before, but this game gets me all giggly like a school girl. I can't wait to start creating levels and making Sackboy look how I want. I also wonder since this has taken more of a center point for Sony will they try to include this game in HOME? (whenever that comes. Next year i bet)

Vin

Bronze Member
its being released on October 30th on both PSN and in Stores

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Fun game looks fun. =D

Though I don't think I'm gonna pre-order it since it's on PSN.

Decron

I'm not totally convinced about this game in terms of if it's focused to hard on the cuteness of sackboy.
Platforming seems to go back to oldskool values that is a good point, don't really care about the pre-order 'goodness' tho

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I will end up pre-ordering it in September. But since it will be on disc i think i know which one i rather have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back