• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lip Syncing: A big factor in KH2's delay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Odin_

Bronze Member
Website
datingsidorsingel.com
i remember that. i actually never knew that the jp version of kh never had facial expressions.

anyways, lip synching is a very essential part of making a video game because then, the words look more natural and flowing because when i was watching a scene from kh2 (ONLY ONE!) with english subtitles (thanx to deathspank), the translations were good and the words flowed fairly well and it took deathspank a couple days to upload that scene to the internet with the subs, so it should take S-E longer to translating every last detail of the game.

everyone, just wait a couple more months (most likely aprilish, but let's keep hope! end of march, hopefully!) and see the results.

文偉立

newb programmer
dual_keyblader25 said:
i remember that. i actually never knew that the jp version of kh never had facial expressions..

They did actually but it was very rare and only once in a while compared to the American version where it was almost in every scene.

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
I still stand by the opinion that they had more than enough time to do this, and it feels as if their kinda being a bit last minute on these important aspects like "Lip Syncing".
I would have hoped that by this time they were just finishing up minor details...
I do not think it'll come in March. If they are still speculating the release date, then it's gonna take some time. April-May.

But hey, on the good news, at least this time they didn't tell us it'll be coming in the Fall right? It's just a few more months...

文偉立

newb programmer
Engulfed said:
I still stand by the opinion that they had more than enough time to do this...

What makes you say that? I believe that lip syncing takes long periods of time. Square-Enix Japan HQ distributes the game in Japan. The game is marketed and exported to Square-Enix America in Los Angeles where the industry must convert the game to be Americanized and translated. Hence, the Square Enix development studios would have recording studios and the industry workers who would reprogram the game and replicate it prehence the shipping.

Kadaj88

why can't they just leave it in japanese and have english subtitiles. i watch anime in jaoanese all the time and i woudn't mind

ReturnableMemory

I don't care that much about the syncing because I get so caught up in the scene I forget about it. I'm just worried about the opening when Kairi and Namine sing "Jidai no" and the other part Namine sings. Will they change that part to go with the English or just leave it:confused: ?

文偉立

newb programmer
Kadaj88 said:
why can't they just leave it in japanese and have english subtitiles. i watch anime in jaoanese all the time and i woudn't mind

Disney's HQ lies in America.
Square's HQ is in Japan.

They need a little of both to balance the tradition. Besides, even if I love Japanese, I cannot understand a single word coming from Donald's squeaky japanese voice.

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
アクラ said:
What makes you say that? I believe that lip syncing takes long periods of time. Square-Enix Japan HQ distributes the game in Japan. The game is marketed and exported to Square-Enix America in Los Angeles where the industry must convert the game to be Americanized and translated. Hence, the Square Enix development studios would have recording studios and the industry workers who would reprogram the game and replicate it prehence the shipping.

Yeah. That probably takes- at the most, a year right?
Kingdom Hearts 1 hit the shelves around September 2002.
2003 comes...2004 rolls by....and finally at the end of 2005 they finish the Japanese version, and still haven't completed the Lip Syncing for the American Version.
So it finally comes spring 2006.

Fall of 2002-Spring of 2006.
About a 3 and a half years right?
It took "Dreamworks Pictures" that long to make "Shrek".

*2*Tosty

I stand by what Engulfed said, they've had more than enough time. they where translating it even when it wasn't in out in japan ( i remember them saying that the guy who does beast's voice was comming in to work on it ). This is one of the most delayed games ever and I'm sick and tired of waiting. For god sakes these's guys are slow and not very efficiant ( but they work is still awesome )

CidHighwind

u guys are forgetting their probably adding new scenes and boss fights as well and to create completely new scenes is gonna take some time
and it will most likly come out sooner (march-end april-begining) than later (may)
and for you europeans i dont know what to tell u

REala728

Website
www.myspace.com
i think there adding more than just that like they did with the american version compared to the original japanese version.. but then again ac still hasnt come out in the us after what? half a year and all they could be doing is syncing right? (i now its harder because of the higher quality but still)

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
hellfirebg said:
Damn,why can't they just leave it.In FFX the words didn't match the lips but the game was still the best PS2 RPG.I don't care about lip syncing or corny extras or anything else that might play a factor to KH's delay,I just want the friggin' game to come as quck as possible!

Well, it'll look weird...and It's irratating if it doesn't match. In the first KH game I got really mifted when they had the flappy mouths...and they still have them in the second one don't they?

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
Engulfed said:
And how "Official" is "Official" for SQUARE-ENIX?

It's not official for anybody. Square doesn't even know. When it's done. it's done. They just hope it's by March....shoot Square Japan is already making other games while Square America is working on this one....AND Advent Children English.

overdrive

Orienter
It's not official for anybody. Square doesn't even know. When it's done. it's done. They just hope it's by March....shoot Square Japan is already making other games while Square America is working on this one....AND Advent Children English.
I told you it's not really official because nobody know's, not even SE.

Lunar Knight

American Person
Like other people posted, I get annoyed when the words don't match the lips. I would want Square-Enix to do a good job then just rush through everything. But I still want them to have it finished as soon as possible, but in great quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back