• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lingering Will Discussion (Originally: Lingering Will to join in the final battle?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Edit: Renamed the thread to redirect a more open discussion about the Lingering Will as it got a little off topic pretty quickly.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I recall of DDD's ending, MX stated that the final union of the 13 darknesses and the 7 lights would take place at the Keyblade Graveyard. Now, think who just happens to be lingering about there still, WAITING for Xehanort, Terra's very own keyblade wielding Lingering Will. Given the cutscene before the battle in KH2FM, it's not a stretch to think that the Lingering Will could join in the final confrontation, with extreme prejudice against all incarnations of the master.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Re: Lingering Will to join in the final battle?

Huh, interesting observation. I, personally, do not rule out the possibility of the Lingering Sentiment making a comeback for the final battle, but I am having a hard time trying to picture a scenario. Perhaps the LS could be the Deus ex machina of the final battle? Sora and the rest of the Guardians seem to be having a hard time trying to knock Master Xehanort down and the LS comes out of nowhere and momentarily paralyzes MX and the heroes land the finishing blow.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

The Lingering Will is indeed canonically there, because that's where he (it?) had been staying ever since the battle against Terranort in BbS, lying in wait. And sure, it would be interesting to see our heroes somehow coming across it in their journey, which may trigger a reaction from it upon exposure to MX (and probably vice versa).

However, I would just like to point out that all LW-related cutscenes in KH2FM, even the battle itself, have not been confirmed as canonical, which means they may or may not have happened depending on how Nomura wills it. Because of this reason, I wouldn't be too confident to treat it as an important basis to my theories or arguments.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

The Lingering Will is indeed canonically there, because that's where he (it?) had been staying ever since the battle against Terranort in BbS, lying in wait. And sure, it would be interesting to see our heroes somehow coming across it in their journey, which may trigger a reaction from it upon exposure to MX (and probably vice versa).

However, I would just like to point out that all LW-related cutscenes in KH2FM, even the battle itself, have not been confirmed as canonical, which means they may or may not have happened depending on how Nomura wills it. Because of this reason, I wouldn't be too confident to treat it as an important basis to my theories or arguments.
The Lingering Will/Sentiment/however it is, was first introduced in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. Years later, Birth by Sleep is released and he makes a momentary appearance in Terra's story and puts the finishing blow on Terra-Xehanort, so one may assume that, since the LW is "canon" in BbS, it is possible that the scene with Sora, Donald and Goofy in the Keyblade Graveyard happened, too. But, going through events that transpired after Sora confronted Terra's animated armor, Sora has said nothing regarding it, leaving the subject of whether or not that fight actually happened on the fence​, as they say.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I was not disputing the possibility of that scene having happened. It's just that as of now, we don't know whether or not it had. I was just stressing that it is crucial to bear in mind that that particular scene in KH2FM, as you yourself have said, is on the fence in terms of canonicity, so the best stance to take would be not to treat it as completely true or completely false.

In addition, just because a character is canon, it doesn't mean that his or her previous appearances are. Lingering Will in KH2 and Mysterious Figure in BbS, although now we know that they are Terra's armour and Young Xehanort respectively, both fall under this classification.

But I digress. This isn't a thread to discuss about this issue on canonicity, for there has been one in the past.

Changer

As long as he isn't a guardian, I'm ok with it. We have too many interesting candidates to just waste a slot on a suit of armour, but if he just wants to show up to mess with Xehanort for a bit, then more power to him.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

As long as he isn't a guardian, I'm ok with it. We have too many interesting candidates to just waste a slot on a suit of armour, but if he just wants to show up to mess with Xehanort for a bit, then more power to him.

Not really possible for it to be a guardian, anyways. The armor has no heart so it can't clash against the Seekers of Darkness.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I could see it being a possibility of it sensing Xehanort and attacking in (Terra's) rage. Though, as already pointed out, the kh2fm bits have yet to be proven as canon so it all really depends is Nomura decides to use it or not. (with everything going on I could see him just as easily ignoring it or adding it if he remembers)

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

I don't mean as a guardian, but the deux ex machina scenario mentioned earlier in the thread sounds massively appealing, even if it doesn't strike a finishing blow I would love to see that armor in action again.

Ironically I have Deux Ex Machina tattooed on my forearm, so maybe I just live for those moments.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I'd be perfectly fine with him joining the battle (not as a GoL, since as Spock pointed out, it's not really possible since he isn't a body that can grow a heart) since in my perfect world, I'd love the final battle to not just be 7 vs. 13, I want to see some epic clash with all the good guys there (Yensid, MDG, the 3 fairies, 7 GoL) and all the bad guys and their minions (just not Maleficent and Pete...IDK if I want them tag teaming onto one of the sides).

Seighart

Awards

Not really possible for it to be a guardian, anyways. The armor has no heart so it can't clash against the Seekers of Darkness.

What happened to anything being able to grow a heart? I'm hoping LS becomes a "Guardian" in some way,shape, or form. Growing its own heart, gaining some sort of consciousness, and protecting the lands or being commanded as a safe guard or Chaser. Something akin to that massive steel armor in the Thor movie.

On topic: Isn't it safe to say that LS is still waiting there? So what if the fight between Sora and LS was canon or not, in BBS he's seen kneeling so we can assume he's still there waiting for something.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

What happened to anything being able to grow a heart? I'm hoping LS becomes a "Guardian" in some way,shape, or form. Growing its own heart, gaining some sort of consciousness, and protecting the lands or being commanded as a safe guard or Chaser. Something akin to that massive steel armor in the Thor movie.

On topic: Isn't it safe to say that LS is still waiting there? So what if the fight between Sora and LS was canon or not, in BBS he's seen kneeling so we can assume he's still there waiting for something.

You just don't grow a heart our of nowhere, memories, connections and interactions are necessary for a Heart to grow. The heart needs to be "nurtured".

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's just armor animated by the strong will born from Terra's final thoughts, without having any kind of pseudo-heart, soul, body, or interactions with people to give it its own personality and consciousness. I don't think it falls under what can grow a heart because of that, though I would love to see a theory to prove it can happen.

I'd like to see it fight in the coming battle, but I'd rather see it become a pseudo-vessel for Terra's heart if possible.

blksabbath74

It's just armor animated by the strong will born from Terra's final thoughts, without having any kind of pseudo-heart, soul, body, or interactions with people to give it its own personality and consciousness. I don't think it falls under what can grow a heart because of that, though I would love to see a theory to prove it can happen.

I'd like to see it fight in the coming battle, but I'd rather see it become a pseudo-vessel for Terra's heart if possible.

I was thinking the same thing. If the armor has been animated by Terra's desire to set things right, perhaps it could now act as a vessel for him were he to be set free from Xehanort.

I'm still not quite sure of the location of Terra's Heart. I know that the hearts of Eraqus and Terra were trapped within Terr'as body after Xehanort took him over. However, when Terra/Xehanort were divided into the Heartless Ansem and the Nobody Xemnas, both of which were subsequently destroyed, presumably leading to the recreation of Xehanort...

...so with all that division and destruction, do we have reason to be sure that the hearts of Eraqus and Terra are still part of Xehanort?

Just asking.

But yeah, Terra in the form of Lingering Will would be, in my opinion, much cooler than just another kid with a keyblade...

Gram

Banned
Awards

...so with all that division and destruction, do we have reason to be sure that the hearts of Eraqus and Terra are still part of Xehanort?
Your right in saying that we have nothing saying they are and Xehanort returning as Master Xehanort after Ansem and Xemnas' defeat in DDD only further points in the direction that they aren't. (or at the very least makes them all being still connected slim)

blksabbath74

Your right in saying that we have nothing saying they are and Xehanort returning as Master Xehanort after Ansem and Xemnas' defeat in DDD only further points in the direction that they aren't. (or at the very least makes them all being still connected slim)

In which case, where are Terra and Eraqus and what will become of them?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Unconfirmed thus far. Nomura did mention something, or rather simply tease, about those hearts in question in one of the DDD interviews, though.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Never says, all we got on the matter is a tease from nomura when he was asked about them in DDD's ultimania.
However MX points out that Terra is still under his control somehow in DDD and if M was restored to his orginal form/body its logical to think Terra was restored to how his own form as well. (meaning its possible Terra was one of the seekers sitting in that room when MX returned as a whole person)

And, personally, if Terra and MX can be returned to thei own bodies I think the same may be possible for Eraqus. (that is if he has a body to return too)

blksabbath74

Never says, all we got on the matter is a tease from nomura when he was asked about them in DDD's ultimania.
However MX points out that Terra is still under his control somehow in DDD and if M was restored to his orginal form/body its logical to think Terra was restored to how his own form as well. (meaning its possible Terra was one of the seekers sitting in that room when MX returned as a whole person)

And, personally, if Terra and MX can be returned to thei own bodies I think the same may be possible for Eraqus. (that is if he has a body to return too)

I had once floated the idea that Eraqus could take up residence in Lingering Will...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back