• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lingering Will Discussion (Originally: Lingering Will to join in the final battle?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Lingering Will to join in the final battle?

The idea of Terra wearing the Lingering Will is interesting. I wonder if they could dual weild together if the Lingering Will develops its own heart.

Unfortunately, as stated before in this thread, it doesn't seem that the LW is capable of developing one since it's merely a suit of armour animated by Terra's thoughts, likely his extreme hatred toward Xehanort. Though physical in nature, it doesn't possess a body and probably not soul, unlike Nobodies who do have them.

It's canon until Nomura says it isn't. That's how things work, unless he has explicitly stated the opposite.

Actually, it should be the other way around. Except for the Xemnas battle in KHFM, superboss battles should not be taken as canonical unless Nomura says that they are, in-game information (cutscenes, dialogues, or the Journal) mentions or refers to them, or it is specifically stated in the Ultimania.

And that's precisely why Vanitas' lingering spirit is not known to be canonical. The battle takes place after the main story is over, it doesn't have anything to do with the storyline, and nobody in the game has ever referred to it. It's as if the battle itself never happened or VLS never existed.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards

Unfortunately, as stated before in this thread, it doesn't seem that the LW is capable of developing one since it's merely a suit of armour animated by Terra's thoughts, likely his extreme hatred toward Xehanort. Though physical in nature, it doesn't possess a body and probably not soul, unlike Nobodies who do.
Its animated by Terras thought so it doesnt a soul, since what is giving it "life" is terra himself somehow.
Which is also a reason why it likely cant form a heart, not only has it been isolated since its creation depriving of things that nurture hearts (like interaction) but its also not even a being with a full mind of its own.

Its basically just an extension of terras mind. (which is likely why it wont exist long after terra is saved)

blksabbath74

1.How would he get in it?2. It pretty much has a mind of its own.3.It recently fought Xehanort in its mind so I'm pretty sure it'd battle anyone depending.

If it was animated by is will, I would expect it to respond to his will.

G-SANtos

Awards

Unfortunately, as stated before in this thread, it doesn't seem that the LW is capable of developing one since it's merely a suit of armour animated by Terra's thoughts, likely his extreme hatred toward Xehanort. Though physical in nature, it doesn't possess a body and probably not soul, unlike Nobodies who do have them.
Except Dream Drop Distance explicitly says anything can develop a heart, regardless of whether it has a body or not. Ansem the Wise even uses "petals in the wind" as an example. Read Sephiroth0812's post above. Anything, no exceptions, is able to develop a heart. So yes, the Lingering Will can develop a heart because anything regardless of what it is can develop a heart.

In other words, there is no such thing as a being unable that can't develop a heart.

Actually, it should be the other way around. Except for the Xemnas battle in KHFM, superboss battles should not be taken as canonical unless Nomura says that it is, in-game information (cutscenes, dialogues, or the Journal) mentions or refers to them, or it is specifically stated in the Ultimania.
Source? When has Nomura stated optional bosses aren't canon until he says they are? Because if he never said it, then I'm correct. Besides, there's indication in the games that all optional boss battles are canon: Days gives physical evidence for Sora having completed the Hades Cup, Xion's third form resembles Kurt Zisa, and Xemnas is explicitly confirmed.

Everything is canon until explicitly said otherwise by the directors/producers/etc. of a work. Unless Nomura has stated guidelines of canonicity in KH, like the owners of Star Wars and Transformers did, stating the superbosses aren't canon until the story states they are, then we must assume they are canon until Nomura states they aren't.

Furthermore, I also heard Nomura has refuted multiple times the claim that the superbosses are non canon. I heard this from a person that doesn't make up stuff, and actually believes firmly in following sources. He didn't mention what was his source, though, but I could ask him. He made this comment at khwiki.net/Talk:Keyblade_Armor#No_Heart and is the guy with the "(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ I AM KING OF THE SHOOPUFS!" signature.

Oh, and I just remembered.

20 Mysteries said:
Q13: What is the true form of Lingering Sentiment?
A: After Terra lost his body, his thoughts gathered into his armor.

At the end of Terra’s scenario, Master Xehanort had commandeered his body, so his thoughts took control of his armor. Afterward, the armor stayed in the keyblade graveyard, until KHII FM where “Lingering Sentiment” went against Sora. Because he saw that it was not his chosen one Riku using a keyblade, but Sora, he grew suspicious and thought he had something to do with Master Xehanort and attacked him.

[picture: LS and Sora]

After fighting him, LS says this because he feels Ventus inside of Sora.
This part seems to confirm the canonicity of the battle (despite there being no actual need for that since it was never stated to be non canon) as it states the Lingering Will stayed there until it went against Sora.

And that's precisely why Vanitas' lingering spirit is not known to be canonical. The battle takes place after the main story is over, it doesn't have anything to do with the storyline, and nobody in the game has ever referred to it. It's as if the battle itself never happened or VLS never existed.
Again, source? The Vanitas Remnant is unlocked after clearing the main story, but that doesn't neccessarily mean it happens after it.
For example, see Atlantica in KHII, although all the time you have to leave and go back after achieving, the events seem to happen directly after each other.

So, I think that for optional bosses, we shouldn't assume they neccessarily happen when they are unlocked. The Vanitas's Remnant battle could perfectly happen when Aqua was looking for Terra. It's totally possible she checked the Keyblade Graveyard first (which doesn't cause a plot hole since we know the Keyblade Graveyard wasn't destroyed).

limit

I think LW would play a major part in getting Terra's heart back - it wouldn't make any sense to forget about him and this seems to be the most logical role for it. Then I would assume after Terra's body comes, it merges with the armor and the thoughts flow back into him. You know, basically letting him actually use the armor again.

I also like the idea of LW leaving the Keyblade Graveyard and appearing to Sora in different places. It would make a pretty cool foreshadowing to its appearance at the end, although it should only have subtle influences.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Except Dream Drop Distance explicitly says anything can develop a heart, regardless of whether it has a body or not. Ansem the Wise even uses "petals in the wind" as an example. Read Sephiroth0812's post above. Anything, no exceptions, is able to develop a heart. So yes, the Lingering Will can develop a heart because anything regardless of what it is can develop a heart.

Your forgetting one very important fact here, as pointed out by both Xemnas And Diz in DDD, for a heart to grow the being develpoing one needs interaction.
Interaction with, life, people, basically the world around them. LW hasnt HAD any of these things, its sit in a deserted wasteland since creation.

So even IF it could grow a heart its not meet these requirements to do so thus it has no heart to speak of.

And just in case you think you can argue these facts I'll just leave these here:

I heard this from a person that doesn't make up stuff, and actually believes firmly in following sources. He didn't mention what was his source, though, but I could ask him. He made this comment at khwiki.net/Talk:Keyblade_Armor#No_Heart and is the guy with the "(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ I AM KING OF THE SHOOPUFS!" signature.
Also, I bring this up again, this is not a viable source and never will be. Unless it comes from the games or out of the mouth of nomura himself it's not viable information because the games and nomura are THE source of all info.

So unless you can find something in these two source to back up your claims your only gonna be meet with constant resistance and disinterest.

You, and he, can claim that he "doesnt lie" but that doesn't change the fact he could be and he's not an official source so even if he thinks he's right that doesnt mean he is.

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

In other words, there is no such thing as a being unable that can't develop a heart.

I'd like to thank Anagram for having answered this.

LW is just a hunk of metal in the middle of a wasteland. It has no heart, and there isn't anything with a heart in that world that can interact with it to allow it to form and nurture one. Hearts do not just sprout out of absolutely nothing; they need a catalyst for that to happen and that catalyst is interaction with other beings through, for example, love and care.

Source? When has Nomura stated optional bosses aren't canon until he says they are? Because if he never said it, then I'm correct. Besides, there's indication in the games that all optional boss battles are canon: Days gives physical evidence for Sora having completed the Hades Cup, Xion's third form resembles Kurt Zisa, and Xemnas is explicitly confirmed.

Everything is canon until explicitly said otherwise by the directors/producers/etc. of a work. Unless Nomura has stated guidelines of canonicity in KH, like the owners of Star Wars and Transformers did, stating the superbosses aren't canon until the story states they are, then we must assume they are canon until Nomura states they aren't.

Again, source? The Vanitas Remnant is unlocked after clearing the main story, but that doesn't neccessarily mean it happens after it.
For example, see Atlantica in KHII, although all the time you have to leave and go back after achieving, the events seem to happen directly after each other.

So, I think that for optional bosses, we shouldn't assume they neccessarily happen when they are unlocked. The Vanitas's Remnant battle could perfectly happen when Aqua was looking for Terra. It's totally possible she checked the Keyblade Graveyard first (which doesn't cause a plot hole since we know the Keyblade Graveyard wasn't destroyed).

Alright, so you keep asking for sources that states that they are non-canon. I'll have to say that I can't. However, as I said, I am not refuting the possibility that they could have happened, either. It's just that at the moment, there is currently nothing that can prove that they have; not a word has been said by the characters that refers to the battle with VLS. It's just an optional battle that you can opt to or not to partake in, just as optional as choosing to spend 700 hours in Neverland. You can, but unless Ventus mentions, confirms, or refers to having spent those hours himself, it can't be said that it happened.

In addition, to give strength to your argument, can you yourself provide us with sources stating that those events—battles with superbosses—did indeed happen instead of just assuming that they did?

Just because something is in the game does not mean that they are canon, and there's a need for us to be selective to discern which ones are canon and which ones aren't. Consider Blank Points as an example, which canonically happens after Ansem the Wise was sent to the Realm of Darkness thanks to his machine exploding; at the end, we see various characters saying Sora's name, but it doesn't mean that they really did because, as we know, at that time Namine wasn't in the white room, Roxas and Xion has returned to Sora, Axel was no longer around, Ventus was still in Castle Oblivion, and Terra (at least his body) was Xemnas.

There is nothing that has been said about its state of canonicity, but by gathering the facts we are able to come to the conclusion that them saying Sora's name did not truly happen and was purely symbolic.

Truly, though, I don't want this thread, which is supposed to be a means to discuss LW's participation of involvement in KH3, to shift focus into canonicity issues. If you still want to continue with this discussion, I invite you to do so in another, more appropriate thread. Let's not veer off topic.

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

To be fair now, y'all misinterpreting G-Santos's argument with LW. He's not arguing that LW did or could have grown a heart, but that the possibility is there for the future; which is something that I'm sure we can all agree with.

As for the issue with optional bosses, I agree that they can be considered unimportant at best, although most of them are probably flat-out non-canon, given that most of them can't reasonably fit within the series' narrative. I'd say they're canon, but only to a very small degree. They're existing concepts in the series that, contrary to popular belief, can actually help us understand what is canon. For instance, perhaps we can understand the meaning of an emblem on the face of a set of armor by comparing Vanitas' Remnant with Ventus' Nightmare armor.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Seems like you haven't paid enough attention to Xemnas, Ansem the Wise and Nomura as they all pretty much spill out that anything can grow/create a heart, even a tree, a rock or "petals on the wind" as Ansem the Wise put it. If growing hearts was just possible for bodies (as when you define "body" being a biomass of blood, muscles and flesh), beings like Tron, Data-Sora or Pinocchio could not have a heart because the former two are made out of "data" and the latter out of wood.

The problem with that though, is that since it's still relatively new, we do not know exactly what Xemnas meant when he said that. Yes, anything CAN grow a heart, but that does that means everything DOES have a heart? I don't think so. The one constant between Tron, Data-Sora, and Pinocchio that differ them from LW, grass, or trees is that the 3 of them could feel, were cared for, and went through a human-like experience with other people. They were essentially human without actually being human.

This is where LW, grass, or trees (or a lamp lol I love lamps I guess) falter because they are not experiencing this. If Xemnas knew all along that anything could grow a heart, why in KH2 did he not just have the Org cut down blades of grass? Clearly those blades of grass would have hearts that would go up to Kingdom Hearts? There has to be a stipulation for something to grow a heart, even though everything can, I don't think the process is just "take care of it, it now has a heart."

Unless Nomura has stated that optional bosses are canon, you are wrong. You are both wrong lol That's the thing, nobody knows whether they are or not, I view them like the secret cutscenes, they are ideas for future games that may or may not be acted upon. As much as I would like some secret bosses to be canon, some I just cannot (Monstro in BbS? Uhhhhh...even if it was in Mirage Arena...WTF?!?!?)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The problem with that though, is that since it's still relatively new, we do not know exactly what Xemnas meant when he said that. Yes, anything CAN grow a heart, but that does that means everything DOES have a heart? I don't think so. The one constant between Tron, Data-Sora, and Pinocchio that differ them from LW, grass, or trees is that the 3 of them could feel, were cared for, and went through a human-like experience with other people. They were essentially human without actually being human.

This is where LW, grass, or trees (or a lamp lol I love lamps I guess) falter because they are not experiencing this. If Xemnas knew all along that anything could grow a heart, why in KH2 did he not just have the Org cut down blades of grass? Clearly those blades of grass would have hearts that would go up to Kingdom Hearts? There has to be a stipulation for something to grow a heart, even though everything can, I don't think the process is just "take care of it, it now has a heart."
When you read my previous post further, you'll see that I then pointed out exactly that.
The point is that everything can grow a heart, not that everything does have a heart by default. It's also the former what both Ansem the Wise and Xemnas said.
It is not impossible that the LW can eventually get a heart, but right now it is extremely unlikely that it even already has the startings of one because it never had any meaningful interactions so far.

Then there is also to be kept in mind that the LW is really only an animated chunk of metal that is possibly remote controlled by Terra's will, so it does not have a mind/sense of self of its own (like i.e. Roxas or Naminé) but is simply an extension/continuation of Terra's.

Unless Nomura has stated that optional bosses are canon, you are wrong. You are both wrong lol That's the thing, nobody knows whether they are or not, I view them like the secret cutscenes, they are ideas for future games that may or may not be acted upon. As much as I would like some secret bosses to be canon, some I just cannot (Monstro in BbS? Uhhhhh...even if it was in Mirage Arena...WTF?!?!?)

Correct, we already had this discussion in an older thread, namely THIS ONE.

The main issue is not what Nomura didn't say but what he did as well as to keep in mind that not everything shown in-game itself is canon because some shown things are totally illogical in itself in terms of story canon. Like i.e. the Ansem-possessed Riku in Monstro if you do not play through Monstro's story before finishing Hollow Bastion.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

To be fair now, y'all misinterpreting G-Santos's argument with LW. He's not arguing that LW did or could have grown a heart, but that the possibility is there for the future; which is something that I'm sure we can all agree with.

Having read things again, I'd say that I might have. Right now LW can't grow a heart because of the lack of interaction with another being, but yes, it indeed is possible for LW to grow a heart given the right conditions. It would be just like the case of Pinocchio, although not exactly the same due to the fact that LW is an extension of Terra's being as opposed to Pinocchio's being of his own.

Then again I'm not sure if I would like it to be a person of its own, since Terra might still need to don his armour for protection unless he is given a much more convenient outfit. If it has to go "online" again, I'd much prefer it if the scenario is related to Terra himself, for example his heart taking refuge in it for some reason, making him somewhat like the Robed Figure in that he's a floating heart with only his outfit providing a physical form.

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards

When you read my previous post further, you'll see that I then pointed out exactly that.
The point is that everything can grow a heart, not that everything does have a heart by default. It's also the former what both Ansem the Wise and Xemnas said.
It is not impossible that the LW can eventually get a heart, but right now it is extremely unlikely that it even already has the startings of one because it never had any meaningful interactions so far.

Then there is also to be kept in mind that the LW is really only an animated chunk of metal that is possibly remote controlled by Terra's will, so it does not have a mind/sense of self of its own (like i.e. Roxas or Naminé) but is simply an extension/continuation of Terra's.

This is mainly why I'm wondering if LW can grow a heart. While I understand physical things "might" like the armor itself, I don't classify LW as the armor, I classify it as the mind control within and given that's more of a metaphysical thing since it's intangible, I'm not sure how that can house a heart.

The main issue is not what Nomura didn't say but what he did as well as to keep in mind that not everything shown in-game itself is canon because some shown things are totally illogical in itself in terms of story canon. Like i.e. the Ansem-possessed Riku in Monstro if you do not play through Monstro's story before finishing Hollow Bastion.

Some things are just concepts (like...BbSv2 >_<)...sadly.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Sephiroth0812 said:
kupo1121 said:
This is mainly why I'm wondering if LW can grow a heart. While I understand physical things "might" like the armor itself, I don't classify LW as the armor, I classify it as the mind control within and given that's more of a metaphysical thing since it's intangible, I'm not sure how that can house a heart.

I agree. So far the examples we have of beings growing hearts, Roxas and Xion, are of beings that started out blank. Xion was just a puppet and empty from the start and Roxas was denied Sora's memories leaving him nothing to base his identity on.

It's form this blank state they developed their own personalities and, through interaction through each other, they developed hearts.

The LW on the other hand doesn't have a mind of it's own, rather, it's an extension of Terra's will. (thus it's name)
The armor acts according to Terra's thoughts, which at that moment was to stop Xehanort, and is an extension of his mind rather than having a mind of it's own to develop like Roxas, Xion, or Namine had.

Plus taking into consideration the fact that it's sit in an abandoned wasteland with no interaction it's also not meet the requirements to grow into it's own in anyway.

That's also why I dont see it existing much longer past kh3 and Terra's rescue, being an extension of Terra and only having form through him, it only makes sense it'd fade back to Terra once he's free and it's purpose is filled.

Though that still doesnt mean it wont make an appearance and aid in Terra's rescue.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Some things are just concepts (like...BbSv2 >_<)...sadly.

It might be possible if a) the LW is actually included with more people more often and interacted with and b) if someone actually regards the LW as a being/person of its own.
For example, Donald, Mickey and Goofy treated Data-Sora as a entity of his own, and through their connection the Data-incarnation eventually sprouted a heart. It's also an issue of how other people regard the "being" in question. If someone sees a person there, the growing of a heart is much more likely, that was explained by both Joshua and Ansem the Wise in DDD and has an actual example as early as Chain of Memories with Sora and Riku Replica.
Joshua said:
Joshua: Well, why can't it? By ourselves, we're no one. It's when other
people look at us and see someone--that's the moment we each start to exist.

All they needed was for someone to see them, connect with them. And the two
of you were a big part of making it happen.
Ansem the Wise said:
Sora has a heart like that--uncorrupted, willing to see the good before the bad. When he sees the
heart in something, it then becomes real.
Sora said:
Wait! Who cares if someone created you? You are you and nobody else. You
have your own heart inside you. Those feelings and memories are yours and yours
alone. They're special!

Ansem uses Sora as the most outstanding example, yet as the example with Data-Sora, Mickey, Donald and Goofy shows, other hearts are capable of "triggering" the birth and/or growth of a new heart as well.
Axel said:
I can't make that decision for you. You're no puppet in my book.
You're my best friend. Mine and Roxas's. Got it memorized?
Even Axel joins in by seeing Xion actually as a person and not just a puppet like i.e. Saix.

If the same chain of events would happen to the LW (without Terra having actual control of the animated armor) it would be possible for it to grow a heart.

How can Naminé or Data-Sora house a heart if the former does not actually truly exist and the latter his just a bunch of electric discharges in a computer? According to Nomura the heart in KH isn't exactly a physical object, so just as the mind control that animates the armor is intangible, the heart is so as well.
So the main question would be not if the LW could eventually grow a heart, but what exactly this would bring in to the story?
Is it really necessary or even adviseable to complicate things further with such a "subplot"?

I agree. So far the examples we have of beings growing hearts, Roxas and Xion, are of beings that started out blank. Xion was just a puppet and empty from the start and Roxas was denied Sora's memories leaving him nothing to base his identity on.

It's form this blank state they developed their own personalities and, through interaction through each other, they developed hearts.

The LW on the other hand doesn't have a mind of it's own, rather, it's an extension of Terra's will. (thus it's name)
The armor acts according to Terra's thoughts, which at that moment was to stop Xehanort, and is an extension of his mind rather than having a mind of it's own to develop like Roxas, Xion, or Namine had.

Plus taking into consideration the fact that it's sit in an abandoned wasteland with no interaction it's also not meet the requirements to grow into it's own in anyway.

That's also why I dont see it existing much longer past kh3 and Terra's rescue, being an extension of Terra and only having form through him, it only makes sense it'd fade back to Terra once he's free and it's purpose is filled.

Though that still doesnt mean it wont make an appearance and aid in Terra's rescue.

Do not forget Tron, Data-Sora and possibly Data-Riku though, they weren't really blanks and still grew a heart. That Roxas, Xion and Naminé were blank at first was the main reason they developed a heart/sense of self very different from the originals they came from.
Xemnas is also highly probable to have grown a heart, and as it was stated he had memories from his time as Apprentice Xehanort and later through the use of the chamber of repose gained more memories from both Master Xehanort and Terra, which resulted in a rather interesting sense of self and personality.

Yep, the interactions with other people/hearts and the world(s) (which also have hearts, as we know) are the crucial points which allowed their hearts to sprout, the LW does not have any of that.

Correct as well, if I had to draw a parallel it is like a driver for a computer program. Terra's thoughts at that time were so strong and driven by hatred against Xehanort that these thoughts became like a set of program routines which were ingrained into the armor and programmed it to its task, namely to fight and stop Xehanort whenever possible. It's almost like programming an automatic coffee maker, only difference being that the command is not "brew coffee" but "kick Xehanort's ass".

I think that's what most people here have pointed out, the environment the LW exists in has as much part in it not being a real "person" and not having a heart as its own make up has.

I would even go so far to speculate that playing a role in Terra's final rescue is the only purpose this thing is even still around or maybe is the only reason it was introduced at all. Originally the LW was just included in KH 2 FM to serve as a teaser for BBS and give more credence to Xigbar's claim that Sora isn't half the hero the others were (which was also why in BBS itself some techniques were way overpowered for all three characters).

The idea that Terra's heart may eventually find residence in it is not even that farfetched for example, at least as long as it takes to finally purge the Xehanort part in his body for good.
I've thought about this more than once, and I suspect that the ominous "Key to return Hearts" (what's the abbreviation for that, KtrH? <__<) has more use than just to help bring back Roxas, Xion, Naminé and Ventus but may also have a hand in placing Terra's heart back where it belongs and all pieces of Xehanort's heart as well.
The best bet to defeat Xehanort for good is to collect all his heart pieces in one place (most likely his original body, where his heart belongs) and then attack that one with all available force at Sora's and friends disposal.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

Maybe this has gone off topic a bit, the LW's capability of growing a heart isn't really important, simply the possibility that it could join in the last fight if it takes place at the keyblade graveyard.

kupo1121

Awards

Maybe this has gone off topic a bit, the LW's capability of growing a heart isn't really important, simply the possibility that it could join in the last fight if it takes place at the keyblade graveyard.

lol I do think it's a bit off-topic, but I can't recall a really decent thread focused on LW in speculation to KH3 for a long time hence why I think this thread has de-evovled into just LW talk, not a bad thing. I'm not sure too what else can be stated for the main point of the thread since the answer really is that since he's there, he'll probably play some role, what role we can't know until we see the finished product.

Gram

Banned
Awards

lol I do think it's a bit off-topic, but I can't recall a really decent thread focused on LW in speculation to KH3 for a long time hence why I think this thread has de-evovled into just LW talk, not a bad thing. I'm not sure too what else can be stated for the main point of the thread since the answer really is that since he's there, he'll probably play some role, what role we can't know until we see the finished product.
This pretty much^
He's there, hasn't left and is still bearing Terra's thoughts of hatred from the moment it was born so whether or not it'll have a role isn't to big a mystery.

I do think we can narrow down possible roles it'll play though. It still has Terra's desire to stop Xehanort so if it plays a role it'll either likely attack MX or attack seeker Terra.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

Wish I could rename the thread (if I can someone tell me how), cause I think another very interesting point would be the Lingering Wills reaction to meeting Riku, seeing as it was able to distinguish that Sora was "not the one he chose".

Gram

Banned
Awards

Wish I could rename the thread (if I can someone tell me how), cause I think another very interesting point would be the Lingering Wills reaction to meeting Riku, seeing as it was able to distinguish that Sora was "not the one he chose".

To edit a title just go to your original post, click edit, then go advanced and from there you'll see the title above the OP text. Just change it there.

It likely wont have much of a reaction at all, it will recognize him definitely but I dont see much of a moment there. The better question is how all the other characters will react to it if it does end up jumping out of nowhere to fight Xehanort.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I'm not sure if it would give a meaningful reaction upon meeting the current Riku, but had it been KH1- or CoM-timeframe Riku, it probably would notice that something was up. After all, this suit of armour was powered by Terra's strongly negative thoughts toward Xehanort, and in the heart of said Riku was one of the incarnations of the very same man.

Just be reminded, though, that LW distinguishing that Sora was not the one it chose as Terra falls within the same frame as the ensuing battle, which hasn't been confirmed as canon and thus might not have happened at all. As long as we keep this in mind, we're okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back