• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Limited Edition of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX is Square Enix Online Store exclusive

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Imagine KH3 releases and all we get is a pin l o l.

At this point, it's probably gonna happen. Square seems to give big boxed editions to just about every game they release except Kingdom Hearts. Even the bigger 2.5 CE was only in response to fan outcry.

They could have had it in a Steelbook. I'd take a Steelbook case over a pin any day.

Right? That would have been awesome. But no, let's further the exclusive pin gimmick to force pin collectors to buy the game (which will actually just turn into a bunch of people selling the pin on eBay and not necessarily translate to any actual additional sales, but diddly the fans its all about the money right?)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They could have had it in a Steelbook. I'd take a Steelbook case over a pin any day.

Oh man...Imagine a steel book with 1.5 + 2.5's artwork flowing into each other.

Imagine KH3 releases and all we get is a pin l o l.

Literally, that will be the day I start an online riot.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Oh man...Imagine a steel book with 1.5 + 2.5's artwork flowing into each other.

stop making me so emotional

giphy.gif

Nazo said:
There's always hope for a big Xehanort Saga collection, right?

Except that'll probs be Japan-exclusive too.
Gahaha, maybe we'll get another pin as compensation :')

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Honestly though, I get not always giving us every super special extra edition but I don't understand how a paperbox is impossible.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Honestly though, I get not always giving us every super special extra edition but I don't understand how a paperbox is impossible.
I've just come to the conclusion that they don't care about anyone else than Japan Fans. They just always have to emphasize that KH originates from Japan, apparently (I think so because Shimomura wanted the concert to be a Japan-First thing), which, again, is understandable, but there's a limit and they crossed the line already.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I've just come to the conclusion that they don't care about anyone else than Japan Fans. They just always have to emphasize that KH originates from Japan, apparently (I think so because Shimomura wanted the concert to be a Japan-First thing), which, again, is understandable, but there's a limit and they crossed the line already.

The problem about this is that Nomura even said he knows about all the fans outside. It's so embarrassing.

Muke

whatever
Awards
The problem about this is that Nomura even said he knows about all the fans outside. It's so embarrassing.
Yeah, I remember that. He said he wanted to prevent these exclusive-shits from happening, didn't he?
It's hilarious, really.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yeah, I remember that. He said he wanted to prevent these exclusive-shits from happening, didn't he?
It's hilarious, really.

Well what he said was that he wants to give more to the players outside of Japan. It's okay that JP still gets morw but this is just a joke.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Well what he said was that he wants to give more to the players outside of Japan. It's okay that JP still gets morw but this is just a joke.
Yeah, it's understandable but it's just really getting out of hand

Phantom Duck

Japan can keep the huge stuff for them, it's understandable. But when S-E decides to release a "limited" edition in the west, then we would appreciate it if they didn't offer just a pin. I agree that a steelcase would be something that resembles more a limited / collectors edition. I would gladly buy that.

On the bright side, if we continue like this, in 10 years, we will have a great collection of pins to show to our children. So be patient and hope for more pins :tongue:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If it makes anyone feel any better, people on Sekaimon (Japanese eBay) are already selling our limited edition of 1.5 + 2.5 for inflated prices.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I was low key hoping that this would be extended to Amazon but I'm not surprised. Still not changing my preorder plans, my 20% discount, free shipping, and getting it on release day makes me feel too fuzzy inside.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
It makes sense that Japan would get special treatment for Kingdom Hearts seeing that it is a game franchise made in Japan by a Japanese company. I just think it's a little ridiculous that everyone else always get shafted on these kinds of things. It's been proven time and time again that this is a popular franchise with a massive chunk of the its fanbase being in the west. This isn't some super unknown niche Japanese franchise, and yet despite that Square decides to make collectors and limited editions for every single one of their games and franchises except KH. After 15 years, its gotten just a little bit ridiculous.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Does KH not sell well enough in the West for them to bother making special editions? Which, I'm not sure I buy that. KH sells plenty well, just look at 2.8. The 2.5 collector's edition completely sold out back in 2014, and so forth. At this point, I don't think it has anything to do with logical reasoning, I just think NA Square is honestly just lazy. For 15 years, Square has treated Japan to the goods and shafted us. And no matter how much the fans raise their voices, Square doesn't do shit about it because they know we'll still buy the stuff.

On the plus side, at least Kingdom Hearts isn't made by Ubisoft. Cause then we'd be up to our necks in collector's editions, but the games themselves would all be glitchy piles of suck.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Remember when DDD had a really nice Collectors Edition? Me too. That was nice.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Remember when DDD had a really nice Collectors Edition? Me too. That was nice.

Long live Rob and Raio's best foot forward. 2.5's CE got close to being as good but with hardly the same amount of love put into KH3D's CE. I open that box sometimes just to stare at the artwork inside. I also use it to house all of my DS/3DS KH games + TWEWY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back