• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Lilo & Stitch live-action remake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
Another Disney live-action remake. Only this one is for an especially-beloved movie with elements that can very potentially be handled badly if not enough care is taken. Hoo boy.

Lilo & Stitch was confirmed to be getting a remake about five years ago and they've now started casting.

The cast currently consists of:
-Chris Sanders as Stitch
-Maia Kealoha as Lilo
-Sydney Agudong as Nani
-Kaipot Dudoit as David
-Zach Galifianakis as Jumba
-Billy Magnussen as Pleakley
-Courtney B. Vance as Cobra Bubbles
-Tia Carrere as Mrs. Kekoa (new character)
-Amy Hill as Tūtū (new character)

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
According to THR, Zach is Jumba and Billy is Pleakley, and Kahiau was fired for using racial slurs, and was replaced with Kaipot Dudoit.

KHRULER

Awards
According to THR, Zach is Jumba and Billy is Pleakley, and Kahiau was fired for using racial slurs, and was replaced with Kaipot Dudoit.
should've been the other girl (Nani). Casting looks atrocious.

Sonofjafar

Awards
let’s be real here. Even without the controversial casting, this remake will be just as stupid as the rest of them. Is it too much to ask for Disney to stick to making the current animated films as good as possible and only remaking films that actually could be improved

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
even if they found the most scientifically perfect cast, the cast that would embody each character with extreme precision and authenticity... the movie would still be absolute fucking dogshit due to disney's joyless presentation style
I watched Peter Pan & Wendy and it was an entertaining movie with its own additions that sort of recontextualized the story in a way that could be enjoyable depending on your fondness for Peter Pan lore. Wendy and really everybody but Peter Pan were casted perfectly…

But also it was drab and bland visually so I don’t even understand why they bothered if they weren’t going to commit to a colorful, visually creative film.

I fear Lilo & Stitch suffering the same visually uninspired look because GRITTY REALISM.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
At this point, I'm expecting Wish's live action to come out before the animated version.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't hate all the remakes. I do like Aladdin, B&tB, TLK, TJB, and Pinocchio. Maleficent is alright--Jolie is great anyway. I used to really dislike L&S at one time--I alwyas found Lilo annoying and all those aliens, eh--but came to appreciate it 5 or 7 years ago. I think a live-action film could potentially be alright depending, since they have Sanders coming back for Stitch anyway.

I think the Moana remake could be slightly better than the original in that film's case. The original is alright, but was always sort of bland to me. Really the only thing I like about it is Moana herself. Dwayne Johnson in real life will probably be more fun. I personally wouldn't mind a remake for Tangled either (that's called "Rapunzel")--same thing there, it could be better than the original if they let Menken do his thing. The original film's directors hated the film being a musical, which hindered that film's soundtrack, imo. If that never happens, at least there was his amazing work with those characters on the TV series.

Back