• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Likelihood of KH 2.5 & 1.5 Remix on PS4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rael_Oblivion

I don't have a PS3, and I'm holding out for the PS4 when it goes down in price/has games that I want to buy (whichever comes first).
You're not the only one who's holding out for the PS4. And as long as we don't get a definite no from producers/directors, etc., I don't see why they wouldn't do either a port or download.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
Since this is the PS4 thread...

Well that's great news! Sounds like they're definitely considering it.

You're not the only one who's holding out for the PS4. And as long as we don't get a definite no from producers/directors, etc., I don't see why they wouldn't do either a port or download.

Yeah exactly; I'd be fine with a straight port also. It just seems like a huge opportunity missed if they don't decide to bring the older games onto the newest console, especially one that will have KHIII on it.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I wish they would port them. (along with infamous1/2 and Journey) Then I could use my ps3 as a trade-in for something else~

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Would have been nice to have them on the Vita as well.

If they do make them available for the PS4, it has to share the same trophy list as PS3. I'd gladly upgrade (improved loading times, no audio skipping in KH1 etc), but I don't want to re-obtain all trophies again.

On the other hand, I believe both KH and FFX are PS3 only because of the similarities between PS2 and PS3. It would take extra effort to port these to Xbox 360 or One - and given how poorly Final Fantasy does on Xbox compared to PlayStation it's not worth it when it comes to old games. So I guess it'd still be a Sony exclusive.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Lol, we don't seem to agree at anything :p

If they do make them available for the PS4, it has to share the same trophy list as PS3. I'd gladly upgrade (improved loading times, no audio skipping in KH1 etc), but I don't want to re-obtain all trophies again.

Trophies are good. Leave them in. You don't have to get all of them again.

On the other hand, I believe both KH and FFX are PS3 only because of the similarities between PS2 and PS3. It would take extra effort to port these to Xbox 360 or One - and given how poorly Final Fantasy does on Xbox compared to PlayStation it's not worth it when it comes to old games. So I guess it'd still be a Sony exclusive.

There are no technological similarities between the PS2 and the PS3 I can think of. They are completely different.

I believe Square doesn't care for the 360 as a console and that's why we aren't seeing the remasters on the 360. If we ever get KH on the PS4 though, I expect them to release an Xbox One version as well.

Awards
They really should do this. Especially because the new consoles have streaming capabilities via Twitch and you can make videos via the PS4's video editor software. It would be great for playthroughs. Also I really hope they release the full collection on Xbox One so it sells better on both consoles.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I believe Square doesn't care for the 360 as a console and that's why we aren't seeing the remasters on the 360. If we ever get KH on the PS4 though, I expect them to release an Xbox One version as well.

Japanese developers in general often care little for Microsoft consoles, mainly because they sell like shit in Japan (I remember the 360 was even taken out completely from the market in Japan because its sales were so poor).
And it's not only Japan, as far as I know the PS3 as well as the PS4 far outsold any XBox version here in Europe as well.
Even that KH III comes to the XBox One is most likely just because Microsoft showered SE (and/or Disney) with Money in order to get it for their system and because their exclusivity contract with Sony expired and wasn't renewed, as SE themselves certainly wouldn't have thought about catering to Microsoft.
Then there's the additional issue with JRPGs (see the whole FF XIII-saga for example) generally doing very poor on Microsoft systems as most titles in that genre released on any Xbox do not even reach half of the sales the same title manages on a Sony platform (or if it exists, a Nintendo version).

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
As Sephy said, if they end up bringing 1.5 and 2.5 to 360 or X1, I would assume it would be because Microsoft paid them out of the derriere for it. If they did re-release them though, I sincerely hope they don't come with any new features or updated cover art because I'm having a hard enough time platinuming 1.5 alone, let alone 2.5 and doing it all again for the PS4 post-KH3.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Japanese developers in general often care little for Microsoft consoles, mainly because they sell like shit in Japan (I remember the 360 was even taken out completely from the market in Japan because its sales were so poor).
And it's not only Japan, as far as I know the PS3 as well as the PS4 far outsold any XBox version here in Europe as well.
Even that KH III comes to the XBox One is most likely just because Microsoft showered SE (and/or Disney) with Money in order to get it for their system and because their exclusivity contract with Sony expired and wasn't renewed, as SE themselves certainly wouldn't have thought about catering to Microsoft.
Then there's the additional issue with JRPGs (see the whole FF XIII-saga for example) generally doing very poor on Microsoft systems as most titles in that genre released on any Xbox do not even reach half of the sales the same title manages on a Sony platform (or if it exists, a Nintendo version).

As Sephy said, if they end up bringing 1.5 and 2.5 to 360 or X1, I would assume it would be because Microsoft paid them out of the derriere for it. If they did re-release them though, I sincerely hope they don't come with any new features or updated cover art because I'm having a hard enough time platinuming 1.5 alone, let alone 2.5 and doing it all again for the PS4 post-KH3.

From a business perspective it doesn't make sense not to release upcoming PS4 games to the X1 as well. With the 360 it was different, the architectures were different and they needed more work to port the games over but now that the architectures are the same, it wouldn't make sense, even if the games are selling more on the PS4.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
^ There are a lot of things that Square doesn't do that from a business perspective they should.

I need to find it but in an interview last year one of the square reps (was it wada? I don't remember) was asked about what the Xbox one players should do before Kingdom Hearts III comes out if they want to catch up and he was literally like "read the books"

Antar

Awards
^ There are a lot of things that Square doesn't do that from a business perspective they should.

I need to find it but in an interview last year one of the square reps (was it wada? I don't remember) was asked about what the Xbox one players should do before Kingdom Hearts III comes out if they want to catch up and he was literally like "read the books"

Silly Square ^-^

That is pretty funny, though. "You play on the XboxOne? Pfff, go read the books, then, peasant. *smug face*"

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

rofl that was Hashimoto. I wasn't expecting that kind of answer to be honest. A generic PR response of "we're looking into it" maybe, but not "check out the books".

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
We'll hopefully get it on PlayStation Now
PlayStation Now Beta Prices: $5 for Four Hours of Final Fantasy XIII-2 - GameSpot
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is out for it already and they said there will be hundreds of PS3 Games at launch. That should hopefully include KH 1.5 and 2.5. They did say new games will be included as well.

Yay, we can now have a shitty, pay-to-access, streaming version of one of our favourite games for a premium.. where does the "hopeful" part come in?

Going by KH's history, I'm hopeful that these games won't reach PS Now in the foreseeable future, giving Square another good reason to port them properly on the PS4.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Agreed, I am not going to pay roughly the same price as a used game of the HD collections just to not really own it. Of course shitty compression and laggy gameplay will make it worse.

There should be a PS4 port period, fams saying wait for PS Now are likely giving middle finger to PS4 only owners(In the back of theirs saying "haha you should have bought a PS3") But no smart person will pay $200 for a console where all they want is HD remastered versions of their PS2 games. That's dumb.

I am glad they are considering it and like I said the demand is definitely there. There are so many comments from the 2.5 trailer on Youtube that constantly ask if a PS4 version exists or is in the works. And that's just one site check other game websites and many people ask the same question. PS4 doesn't have many games right now so this could be a big system seller in the future

BlackSeven

Awards
Agreed, I am not going to pay roughly the same price as a used game of the HD collections just to not really own it. Of course shitty compression and laggy gameplay will make it worse.

Definantly agree with this, PS Now is so ridiculous, though even if 1.5/2.5 don't come to PS4 I completely understand, I mean at that point KH1 would likely be over 13-15 years old, Not even sure if I would really get it considering I'm already getting it for PS3.

Awards
Definantly agree with this, PS Now is so ridiculous, though even if 1.5/2.5 don't come to PS4 I completely understand, I mean at that point KH1 would likely be over 13-15 years old, Not even sure if I would really get it considering I'm already getting it for PS3.

I think they'll fix it soon. After being criticized from Forbes, Kotaku, and GameInformer I think they get the message. Anyways they did announce they will have a subscription plan in the final release and everyone will probably just use that.

Sony Blog:
Sony said:

Though back on topic I would prefer they release a PS4 port for 1.5 and 2.5 as well but if it comes out I couldn't imagine it being until late 2015 early 2016 at the earliest. Sony told us we'll get new games on PS Now and if you intend to use the subscription service it's close enough to being able to keep them. The same way you wouldn't buy a dvd boxed set if you have the series on Netflix. I would obviously prefer to play KH on my PS4 but if I could play 2.5 this fall on PS4 with a reasonably priced subscription I'd be happy with PS Now.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I think they'll fix it soon. After being criticized from Forbes, Kotaku, and GameInformer I think they get the message. Anyways they did announce they will have a subscription plan in the final release and everyone will probably just use that.

Sony Blog:

Though back on topic I would prefer they release a PS4 port for 1.5 and 2.5 as well but if it comes out I couldn't imagine it being until late 2015 early 2016 at the earliest. Sony told us we'll get new games on PS Now and if you intend to use the subscription service it's close enough to being able to keep them. The same way you wouldn't buy a dvd boxed set if you have the series on Netflix. I would obviously prefer to play KH on my PS4 but if I could play 2.5 this fall on PS4 with a reasonably priced subscription I'd be happy with PS Now.

They won't do it. PS Now is waaay too limited

PlayStation™Now is currently only available as a beta application in select parts of the United States on select platforms

"Select parts of the US"/ And yes, it will expand in the future but not substantially and not fast enough. Square needs an easy way to market and streaming gaming solutions are a niche due to cost and network limitations.

Sdog

Awards
"Select parts of the US"/ And yes, it will expand in the future but not substantially and not fast enough. Square needs an easy way to market and streaming gaming solutions are a niche due to cost and network limitations.

As it stands now, even with the beta invite I received to PS now it's useless to me. I'm one of those unfortunate souls with slower than 5mbps interwebz at the moment. Though that will be hopefully changing in the future the prices on Now are a bit ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back