• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Like deja vu"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
In Dream Drop Distance at the end of Sora`s story, Young Master Xehanort shows him some very interesting scenes. One of the caught my eye. It is the part when Sora finds himself in Traverse Town with many versions of himself. There Young Xehanort makes comments about how Sora has been there many time, in his first you journey, trough memories etc... But after that comes the interesting part.: "Relived again and again, like deja vu". Something in that line makes me feel that there is a hidden clue, but I can`t quite grasp it. What do you think YX is telling to Sora, or to us? Are we repeating stuff again and again, never escaping? Like the people who are locked in the Sleeping worlds?

Also, here is the cutscene I was talking about:[video=youtube;iSkJM6LZVqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSkJM6LZVqg#t=46[/video]

(YX starts talking at 0:46)

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Something that 3D was supposed to do, and you're free to interpret this any way you want and comment on if you found this effective or not, was to call attention to the whole "everyone is Sora" plot point. Xehanort's attempt to drag him into darkness was going to be achieved by drowning Sora in his own uncertainty and the heartache of the hearts he's harboring.

One method was to stir up that uncertainty, we see Xemnas do this in The Grid. Make Sora feel unremarkable. Everything he achieved was because of accidents. No matter how far he gets or what he does, he ends up stuck in the same rut and doomed to repeat his steps again and again and again. Sora is predictable and it was almost his downfall.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Something that 3D was supposed to do, and you're free to interpret this any way you want and comment on if you found this effective or not, was to call attention to the whole "everyone is Sora" plot point. Xehanort's attempt to drag him into darkness was going to be achieved by drowning Sora in his own uncertainty and the heartache of the hearts he's harboring.

One method was to stir up that uncertainty, we see Xemnas do this in The Grid. Make Sora feel unremarkable. Everything he achieved was because of accidents. No matter how far he gets or what he does, he ends up stuck in the same rut and doomed to repeat his steps again and again and again. Sora is predictable and it was almost his downfall.

Oh yeah. I had forgotten about Xemans speech at the Grid. Now that I think it more, that is one DDD goals. Sora is predictable, and Xehanort used that(I kinda hope that Sora will be manipulated less in the future games). So you think there isn`t anything else "hidden" in that scene? Guess I was thinking too hard(all thou is still think there is something fishy about the repeating stuff part).

I also find the Xemasn speech in the Grid work two ways. It is a way to break Sora, but it is kinda ironic how Xemans is the one who says it, since he is also a mixture of different people.

I have to add, that it is quite scary how much Xehanort knows about Sora`s travels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back