• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Lightyear - June 17th 2022

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

This film is a spin off of the Toy Story franchise and is a origin story dealing with Buzz Lightyear being the hero we know him as today. Teaser came out and I think it looks pretty exciting :)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So is this gonna override the cartoon in continuity?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
You could just call this an alternate continuity. Like DBGT is to the Dragon Ball series and Legends is to the Star Wars Franchise.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Is it me or has Pixar just taken imagery/animation to the next level? The movie visually looks out of this world.

Soldier

Awards
Is it me or has Pixar just taken imagery/animation to the next level? The movie visually looks out of this world.
Considering how most of the movie will likely take place in outer space, it's likely intentional.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So is this gonna override the cartoon in continuity?
The cartoon is the toys watching a tv show, maybe Lightyear is a movie character that got an animated tv spin-off.
You could just call this an alternate continuity. Like DBGT is to the Dragon Ball series and Legends is to the Star Wars Franchise.
This film is the in-canon blockbuster film that Buzz the toy and the cartoon were inspired by.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Surprisingly good attempt at doing the Buzz voice by Evans. Take notes, Pratt.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm not a big fan of making Zurg look like a generic robot. Wish they stuck with the classic toy look.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I doubt they're gonna retcon his 1 main defining characteristic from the films. being Buzz's dad
Can't remember but was that reveal ever referenced or joked about in the previous cartoon series?

Last edited:
Awards
When Buzz Lightyear said "What?", I almost immediately thought of where the main plot twist in The Empire Strikes Back will take place in this movie.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The Lightyear movie’s rendition of Starman is so good. I neeeeed that official release. The one by Geek Music is pretty good:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Something's definitely up with Zurg. We didn't get him as a boss in KH3, even though we got what looked like a Zurg ship. Like they could've swapped out the heartless head for Zurg's and boom, instant Dianey boss.

The board game Villainous recently had an expansion that added the 1st Pixar villains to the game: Syndrome and Lotso. Admittedly Lotso probably did fit Villainous better as the game emphasizes scheming over raw power. Nonetheless he sticks out as a bit of an odd choice over the more established Zurg or Sid.

But still, it comes across as Pixar deliberately barring depictions of the old Zurg before this film is out. Combined with how he hasn't been shown in trailers yet it suggests this version of Zurg is gonna be radically different.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So, like, did anyone watch this movie? I'm waiting for it to come Disney+. Shame it was banned in multiple countries. The world needs to wake up.

Back