• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - Who wants Behemoth Steaks?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decrith

re: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - "Well, what else was she gonna do?"

To be honest, even though it looks like that Lightning will be the only significant character, I'm beginning to think it'll be like in KH were we control Lightning while we have party members we can't control, like goofy and donald.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

My body = ready!

Yep. from what i read and watched i'm already sold! You know looking at these awesome people talk is just a unique experience!

I could sit all-day and have them talk about ideas and brainstorming.

In any case Action-ish gameplay, costumization, nice clock concept, sneaky stuff, World Driven! I need to see gameplay and trailer now. :D

Hopefully TGS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

To be honest, even though it looks like that Lightning will be the only significant character, I'm beginning to think it'll be like in KH were we control Lightning while we have party members we can't control, like goofy and donald.
So, kinda like FFXIII but with a constant main party member? Na, I can't see there being PM in this game.

My body = ready!

Yep. from what i read and watched i'm already sold! You know looking at these awesome people talk is just a unique experience!

I could sit all-day and have them talk about ideas and brainstorming.

In any case Action-ish gameplay, costumization, nice clock concept, sneaky stuff, World Driven! I need to see gameplay and trailer now. :D

Hopefully TGS
I feel the same way. I just want to talk with everyone about the ideas for the game and shit.

Well, sooner than TGS at least. Something seems to be happening on September 4th.

sora4sky

Sham a few questions...since the game involves timers and stuff.

You think multiple endings are in store? + Game difficulty higher than previous? Since you must be careful how to use time and where to go.

Also one thing that worries me. What about more party members?

Finally what you think about the game?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You think multiple endings are in store? + Game difficulty higher than previous? Since you must be careful how to use time and where to go.
Multiple endings is a definite, especially since either the world ends or it doesn't.

sora4sky

Multiple endings is a definite, especially since either the world ends or it doesn't.

Yeah you right and it comes in 2013 as i expected. Hoping for release like XIII-2.

Decrith

I've been wondering, is Cauis making a comeback? Is he gonna be a main villain, a cameo or what? To be honest, Cauis is the most interesting villain in a video game I've played in a while, so I'd like to see his return.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
re: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - "blasted fuckball"

And the internet is already full of haters moaning about how they're not getting Versus but are stuck with "more sequels to the worst game ever made". Nothing new under the sun, then. People just love to whine. You just know that when they'd get Versus, they'd be the first ones to look for flaws and complain about them, and then they'll go "only that VII remake can save Square Enix for me now". And when that remake comes, they will complain about it not being true to the original. This is exactly how things will go down. You know I'm right.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Really should have been called FFXIII-3. Lightning Returns sounds pretty stupid.

Either way I am never going to buy this.

misssheep

And the internet is already full of haters moaning about how they're not getting Versus but are stuck with "more sequels to the worst game ever made". Nothing new under the sun, then. People just love to whine. You just know that when they'd get Versus, they'd be the first ones to look for flaws and complain about them, and then they'll go "only that VII remake can save Square Enix for me now". And when that remake comes, they will complain about it not being true to the original. This is exactly how things will go down. You know I'm right.

I sort of agree with you on this.

We have all no idea what Versus is going to be like. It might end up being the worst Final Fantasy game ever created by SquareEnix.

And yeah, if Final Fantasy VII gets remade fans will moan and complain how it's nothing like the original.

But I can understand how annoyed the Versus fans can be right now. Their game has been pushed back- how many times now ? Plus seven years in waiting.

And not everybody has to like Final Fantasy XIII. Everybody has different tastes; though calling it the worst game ever made is a tad harsh.

I'm hoping they'll release a Hope and Noel working together spin-off with the elements of XIII-2 back.

Decrith

Haters will always find a reason to hate, regardless of how illogical their hate is. I'm especially pointing out to the ones who are demanding for a VII remake, its funny how most of those same haters, who hate FFXIII so much, are the same ones who hate on CoD or any other game with impressive graphics, by calling it the same game with better graphics, yet are demanding for an old game, but with better graphics. Haters always have double standards.

EDIT: I'm just ashamed at a lot of people, I for one felt like FF13 lacked the "explore" element of the game, but I didn't hate on it like some 6 yr old kid who didn't get their ice cream. Calling it the worse game is too harsh.

Believe me, as a game design student, I've played worse game, far worse than you can imagine, and 13 isn't bad at all, its wonderful which just missed in one aspect of the game.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

But I can understand how annoyed the Versus fans can be right now. Their game has been pushed back- how many times now ? Plus seven years in waiting.

But it hasn't been pushed back any further just because of this game. If anything, people should direct their disappointment at the Kingdom Hearts team, who are the ones responsible for Versus XIII. That being said, it is known that the game has been in full production for about a year now. They can only work so fast. They announced it way too early, but what's done is done.

And not everybody has to like Final Fantasy XIII. Everybody has different tastes; though calling it the worst game ever made is a tad harsh.

No, I'm not saying people must like it. But as someone who thinks that Twilight sucks major donkey balls, I wouldn't bother to rant about how the third movie in the first place, if you get what I'm saying?

Many people who grew up playing the older Final Fantasy games seem to suffer from self-entitlement issues. They want Square Enix to create the perfect Final Fantasy game as imagined in their heads. If they don't get it, they cry like babies. I kid you not, it is very common to see people who literally say they think that the series hasn't been good since IX, or sometimes X. That's a whole decade of bitterness and hating.

I even received a death threat from some random idiot on YouTube because I said I liked XIII and loved XIII-2 and thought the latter was one of the best games in the entire series!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

God! Toriyama should just up and up propose to Lightning already

Neo

Haters will Hate, I've personally enjoyed every FF game I've ever played except X.Tidus really pissed me off lol but otherwise I've loved em all.I do wish Toriyama would improve his storytelling skills though.

Phantom Knight

I want to get excited for this because I do like the XIII subseries, but the information revealed so far has me worried. Yes, the open world structure sounds nice, but a doomsday clock and making Lightning the only party member isn't interesting. They keep whittling down the number of party members hear, and yet they forget that IV and XII would have been better to emulate.

Also, either this is basically Final Fantasy XIII-3, or they're going to go Assassin's Creed on us and make this like Brotherhood or Revelations with yet another game after this. They're stressing the fact that this is is the end of Lightning's story, but not the XIII story, unless they do believe that those two are the same thing.

But it hasn't been pushed back any further just because of this game. If anything, people should direct their disappointment at the Kingdom Hearts team, who are the ones responsible for Versus XIII. That being said, it is known that the game has been in full production for about a year now. They can only work so fast. They announced it way too early, but what's done is done.

The 1st Production Department as a whole is the biggest source of what people hate about Square Enix, although the 3rd brought us Final Fantasy XIV. And yes, the announce things too early, and while I should point out that they did they same thing with Kingdom Hearts, at least those games weren't meant to be in the same scope as FNC.

Many people who grew up playing the older Final Fantasy games seem to suffer from self-entitlement issues. They want Square Enix to create the perfect Final Fantasy game as imagined in their heads. If they don't get it, they cry like babies. I kid you not, it is very common to see people who literally say they think that the series hasn't been good since IX, or sometimes X. That's a whole decade of bitterness and hating.

I even received a death threat from some random idiot on YouTube because I said I liked XIII and loved XIII-2 and thought the latter was one of the best games in the entire series!

Square Enix has one of the worst unpleasable fanbase ever, although I consider myself spoiled because I played Kingdom Hearts first and didn't really watch Final Fantasy games at length until I watched some people play X up to the final battle. I get why people think IX is the best, and even Sakuguchi has praised it, but I can see why people think X was where people thought it stopped being good. The party system was weird, the leveling system was unorthodox, and XII didn't really help with that since the party system was nothing like IV's, and the licenses system was a response to the Sphere Grid.

XIII-2 was a huge step up from XIII's party system. It got rid of the stupid "Game Over if your party leader" dies mechanic, but the fact that the third party slot was the only one that could be rotated and was never playable as a result stopped it from being like XII, although at least it had far more freedom.

People keep saying they want new games, not remakes, but the new ones should be like the old ones anyway. Either that or they have their preferred favorite and refuse to accept that anything could be better than it, which either leads Square Enix to believe that they shouldn't try and be better than that game (Which they shouldn't think) or encourages Square Enix to try and make a game better than that (Which could give us the VII remake).

Square's problem is that they're trying to cater too much to fans of western games, especially FPS, but as a result they sacrifice what made Final Fantasy stand out: the unique feel of the franchise. Don't make me think "This is just like Mass Effect," make me think "This is just like Final Fantasy."

Of course, I like to hate Sony (Both as a joke and because of things they do that legitimately piss me off *coughvitacough*), so I'd like to know if they've had some influence in what Square Enix has become. I want to a main Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo console again, and to my knowledge, the most notable Final Fantasy games on there nowadays are Crystal Chronicles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

Really should have been called FFXIII-3. Lightning Returns sounds pretty stupid.

Either way I am never going to buy this.
Your posts about XIII are a tired routine.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

Sham a few questions...since the game involves timers and stuff.
Aite!

No idea, but since the staff enthuse the ideas of world-driven gameplay and making your own story -- I don't think it's out of the question.

Also one thing that worries me. What about more party members?
I can't say for certain, though it's quite overt that Lightning is the main focus here. Crisis Core was about Zack, and Dirge of Cerberus was about Vincent. This game strikes me the same way.

Finally what you think about the game?
Art direction is an interesting twist, and combat will be pretty interesting to see in motion. I think they could have played it way safer and made a "XIII-3" based on what people wanted to see out of XIII-2, but I'm really glad we're not getting another game that bends over to satisfy critics and shows some actual direction and vision. I think the concept of working around a ticking clock is interesting for a Final Fantasy game -- as well as a SP title that is dynamic through different means. New direction, indeed.

I'm excited to see what comes out of it, though my hype #1 spot is currently taken by FFXIV.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

tumblr_m9ogwdbwkn1remjz9o1_1280.jpg

I admit I laughed. Even though I like these games.

sora4sky

Aite!

No idea, but since the staff enthuse the ideas of world-driven gameplay and making your own story -- I don't think it's out of the question.

I see.

I can't say for certain, though it's quite overt that Lightning is the main focus here. Crisis Core was about Zack, and Dirge of Cerberus was about Vincent. This game strikes me the same way.

Now that you mention it...it really gives the same vibes.

Art direction is an interesting twist, and combat will be pretty interesting to see in motion. I think they could have played it way safer and made a "XIII-3" based on what people wanted to see out of XIII-2, but I'm really glad we're not getting another game that bends over to satisfy critics and shows some actual direction and vision. I think the concept of working around a ticking clock is interesting for a Final Fantasy game -- as well as a SP title that is dynamic through different means. New direction, indeed.

I'm excited to see what comes out of it, though my hype #1 spot is currently taken by FFXIV.

Couldn't say it any better.

I have to say the action-ish + world drive/exploration stuff + time clock has me really excited. Also how the areas change too.

TGS is around the corner too so we bound to see that trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back