• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Light v dark

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar

Bronze Member
Yes I cant tell the difference, I just feel he does not need to have a psychical form in order to come back, (xion as well.) I feel it may be a little weird having Roxas/Ventus fighting together.

Though Roxas did say he thought he would be fine inside of Sora, but he isn't apparently. What would you like to see happen to them Seph?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You can always tell Ven apart from Roxas and Sora due to their battle stances for 1. And Ven just has a completely different demeanor really, though Ven has his serene moments as well.

Fixed that for ya, but yep. Ven's battle stance is unique not to mention their attires are also different despite being similar. Ven wears a high-necked black shirt underneath while Roxas has a black jacket that leaves his throat bare and that X-shaped zipper pull.
Not to mention his upper jacket has way less black than Ven's.
And I won't go into the differences of their wristbands again now.

Yes I cant tell the difference, I just feel he does not need to have a psychical form in order to come back, (xion as well.) I feel it may be a little weird having Roxas/Ventus fighting together.

Though Roxas did say he thought he would be fine inside of Sora, but he isn't apparently. What would you like to see happen to them Seph?

You gotta be kidding me?
Even when the first video of DDD came out and some idiot made up the fake translation that Roxas was apparently telling Sora to stop calling him Roxas but Ventus instead (most likely another one of those idiots who still think that Roxas and Ven are the same) I already knew it could only be Roxas. Why? Because he had the black coat, his whole body posture was different than Ven's (who's almost always more relaxed while Roxas often takes a stiffer, attention-stance) and it was Roxas' theme playing, not Ven's.

Then you tell me your definition of "coming back" please?
Roxas IS already fused with Sora so there is no need for him to "fuse further" or such crap. He sleeps inside Sora, just like Xion and Ventus.
I really don't see what would be weird with that just because they look alike. So going by that the picture above and the last part of the opening had you creeped out?

Indeed, he said he thought it would be fine being Sora, that is a callback to the end of KH2 where he came to accept his fate of disappearing despite him always having wanted a life on his own.
Also remember that he doesn't know that he apparently has a heart. When Sora quips out and says to him that "you're you, we're not the same." and "You should be able to exist as yourself." what does Roxas do?
He smiles, then being reassured that it really "has to be you(Sora)" who's the one to save everyone.

Ventus is a no-brainer, of course he needs to get his heart fixed and come back entirely. But I can't say that I am not hoping for Roxas to get his wish fulfilled and become a person on his own. When Young Xehanort talks with Riku about the original Organisation XIII he tells him that Roxas was the ideal 13th vessel for Xehanort's purposes, but it didn't work because Roxas proved to have developed a too independent sense of self.

EDIT: However, that has by no means to mean that Roxas has to be one of the seven lights of the X-blade.

nubstyle

I doubt that Kairi is the last light because shes already a PoH and they need to stay away from Organort. So the 7th light is probably Lea.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I doubt that Kairi is the last light because shes already a PoH and they need to stay away from Organort. So the 7th light is probably Lea.
Considering the implication of the Secret Ending I'd say you're wrong.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the 7th light is going to be Roxas, purely based on the opening to the game. Lea and Kairi were no where in sight, but Roxas of all people was.

Not so say Lea and Kairi won't have important roles, I'm still excited that Kairi will get training and all that, but they probably won't take part in the main battle. They might need to hold down the fort elsewhere so to speak, like sudden heartless breakouts or something or other.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think the 7th light is going to be Roxas, purely based on the opening to the game. Lea and Kairi were no where in sight, but Roxas of all people was.

Not so say Lea and Kairi won't have important roles, I'm still excited that Kairi will get training and all that, but they probably won't take part in the main battle. They might need to hold down the fort elsewhere so to speak, like sudden heartless breakouts or something or other.

Or like, Kairi and Lea will have to protect the other six princesses, maybe together with Xion.

Anyhow, as Donald and Goofy were shown in the last opening scene I do not even think that a character needs to be a "light" to be important.

Depending on how and when Terra manages to change sides again, I still stand by my (now four) variations of the 7 lights.

1. Mickey, Sora, Riku, Kairi, Aqua, Terra, Ventus. => This seems to be the most popular one out there?
2. Mickey, Sora, Riku, Lea, Aqua, Terra, Ventus. => To me the most unlikely one, but still.
3. Mickey, Sora, Riku, Kairi, Lea, Aqua, Ventus. => In case Terra is "stuck" on the enemy team.
4. Mickey, Sora, Riku, Roxas, Aqua, Terra, Ventus. => As seen in the opening.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Another thing I've been wondering about.... Xehanort truly planned on Sora being the final darkness he needed, then went on to say it's "natural selection" basically... how is what he did natural? And does he still somehow plan to make Sora his final darkness? Could that be why Kairi and Lea are also hinted at? In case they have to replace him for a short while?

And I'm just thinking aloud here. XD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Another thing I've been wondering about.... Xehanort truly planned on Sora being the final darkness he needed, then went on to say it's "natural selection" basically... how is what he did natural? And does he still somehow plan to make Sora his final darkness? Could that be why Kairi and Lea are also hinted at? In case they have to replace him for a short while?

And I'm just thinking aloud here. XD

The translations can always be a bit iffy, but I think Xehanort was talking about only the 7 lights being choosen naturally, which is why he warned Mickey not to "get ideas".

The funny thing is that Sora himself was basically Xehanort's third(second if you count it being the same body) choice as Young MX explained to Riku.
The first choice was Riku, but his heart became to resistant to darkness. The second was, according to YMX, Roxas, who was deemed unfit because he developed a too independent sense of self, which made it impossible for MX to take over and then Sora.

I dunno about that, since I don't think that getting a Keyblade automatically also makes you one of the 7 lights.
Who knows, maybe Xehanort will use Vanitas as the 13th (if he isn't already one of the other 12 "norts").

Absolute

It is interesting with these lights and darknesses. According to MX, he needs both sets to complete his goals. If he has all 13 darknesses but not all seven lights, he still can't create the X-Blade. So, while the lights are his enemies, he needs them alive or otherwise to complete his plans.

Now, this is all assumign those translations in that video are accurate (rambling time, folks):

From the video, he was apparently going to maybe make Sora the 13th Darkness. The problem there is that would take away one of the Lights, wouldn't it (if you need 20 actual existences or if you can double up and have one person be both a light and dark). And Mx's words appear to say that he has both Sora and the final Light (or, the Light that wasn't accounted for). The dialog has Mickey saying 'The last one' and then MX also says 'last one,' so we can assume that MX is referring to the last Light. The three missing seems to infer Ven, Aqua and Terra. however, when MX points out that three are missing, he then says that the lights are chosen naturally. That makes it sound like the 3 Lights haven't been made apparent yet and it might NOT be Ven, Aqua and Terra.

Assuming that the three lights are TAV, then it is strange. MX says he has the last light and if the other 3 are TAV, then MX doesn't have Terra at the moment, otherwise he would have said that he had the last one plus one of the missing lights.

Interesting to note that MX says he has Sora and the last Light. However, when he is about to make the 13 Darkness, he never actually says Sora. Of course, we see Sora being lifted in the chair about to be Xehanorfied. So either Sora was going to be the final Darkness and be a light at the same time or MX was aiming for someone else in Sora to make a darkness instead, like maybe Roxas (assuming the intro is non-canon). The way MX worded his sentences, it leads me to believe that he doesn't know that Sora has Ven's heart.

The last one is on their side as MX puts it, so maybe it isn't Kairi or Lea as the final Light (or if Lea really was a double agent again and always working for MX). The last Light could be Roxas, which would fit with MX's words and since he knows that Roxas returned to Sora. however, I'm going to say a crazy idea and throw out something not thought of yet: what if the final Light which MX's holds and could possibly have gotten considering where his heart was actually Eraqus?

Skyzer

Sorry for the late bump.

I've watched the ending of KH3D with English subtitles and I am lead to believe that Master Xehanort, as a true Keyblade wielder, is not interested in Sora because he is only able to use the Kingdom Key by using other peoples' hearts. I think that MX wants Roxas. Roxas is stronger than Sora, wields two Keyblades because he was created from Sora and Ventus' hearts, can control darkness, has abilities of both Sora and Ventus, and he was already a target of MX because he was in the first Org XIII.

Since Sora was saved by Riku, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Lea, the new Org XIII is short a member. I think that in another Kingdom Hearts game Roxas will somehow become separated from Sora into his own self, and is, once again, taken as the thirteenth member of Organization XIII.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
While the chance is there that Roxas may become an own entity again, first because he most likely developed a heart, second because Sora wants him to be able to exist on his own (that was pointed out as an important issue by Ansem the Wise when talking to Riku) and third because of Lea's promise.
Nomura also mentioned Lea wanting to bring back the people important to him and therefore he gained a Keyblade, these people are most likely Isa, Xion and Roxas.

Roxas becoming the 13th member of the new Organisation is impossible though as Young MX already explained to Riku that they can't control Roxas. He developed a too independent mind and sense of self which was impossible for Xemnas to turn into a Xehanort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back