• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Light v dark

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
could maleficent be one of the 13 darknesses, she was one of the seeds, and if they are gonna go after aurora again they will have to deal with her

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
could maleficent be one of the 13 darknesses, she was one of the seeds, and if they are gonna go after aurora again they will have to deal with her
...No, just no. I really doubt a Disney character's going to be a seed and there is no evidence suggesting she is. All Xehanort did was get Maleficent to start plunging the worlds in darkness and cause Terra to embrace darkness more, that's it. Not to mention the notion of letting a woman become a Xehanort; Disney's never going to allow that.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
...No, just no. I really doubt a Disney character's going to be a seed and there is no evidence suggesting she is. All Xehanort did was get Maleficent to start plunging the worlds in darkness and cause Terra to embrace darkness more, that's it.
Maleficent was a part of MX's plans; it's safe to assume Mx intended for Maleficent to steal the hearts of pure light. Take that as you will, anyways.

Not to mention the notion of letting a woman become a Xehanort; Disney's never going to allow that.

KH6.jpg

:x

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Hm... I'll have to watch it again, but that's not what I got out of the video/subs.

Edit:
It seems the subs make a distinction between the 7 lights and 7 Pure hearts of light. But...
The seven lights were said to have split off the x-blade to protect the 7 pure hearts.... yet it's the 7 pure hearts that are needed to make the x-blade and not that 7 lights that originally made it? That's weird, which makes me thing they're the same thing.

No, 7 pure hearts of light are needed to create a Keyblade of heart, such as the Keyblade of People's Hearts in KH1.

The X-Blade is something entirely different. It is created by a pure heart of light intersecting with a pure heart of darkness. Also, it is said to coexist with Kingdom Hearts rather than be a man-made counterpart like most Keyblades are said to be.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
No, 7 pure hearts of light are needed to create a Keyblade of heart, such as the Keyblade of People's Hearts in KH1.

The X-Blade is something entirely different. It is created by a pure heart of light intersecting with a pure heart of darkness. Also, it is said to coexist with Kingdom Hearts rather than be a man-made counterpart like most Keyblades are said to be.

Exactly, that is the discrepancy I noticed as well. To forge the X-blade only one pure heart of light is needed and one of pure darkness, not seven of pure light, that's the dark keyblade we saw in KH 1.

So there's either something off in the translations and there's a mix-up or Yen Sid and Mickey do not know the true way to forge the X-blade itself.
Cuz if you can forge the X-blade with the seven hearts of the Princesses why would Xehanort have gone through all the trouble with Ventus and Vanitas?
Hurting him and destroying Ven's life just for the lulz of it?

mjejr1

There could be more than one way to forge the x-blade. If the x-blade was connected to Kingdom hearts, then by recreating the original KH using the 7 princesses you may also recreate the x-blade in the process.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
There's either more than 1 way to forge the x-blade, Mickey and Yen Sid have no idea what they're talking about, or the subs are wrong.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There's either more than 1 way to forge the x-blade, Mickey and Yen Sid have no idea what they're talking about, or the subs are wrong.

The first one would be either a herp-derp retcon (I can't believe I'm using this word) on Nomura's side or Xehanort is a dumbass in his reports.
Second one is possible if Mickey and Yen Sid are throwing together the third type of keyblades, the Keyblade of heart and the X-blade ot use them interchangeably as both indeed pave the way to Kingdom Hearts. Only in a different way.
Three can also be plausible.

Here are the explananations from the BBS-Xehanort Reports for reference:
Xehanort Report VI: said:
There are three families of Keyblades: the Keyblades of light we wield, Keyblades of darkness, and Keyblades of heart.

The first and second families differ only in origin; Keyblades of darkness are found in the realm of darkness, and are counterparts to the Keyblades we use in the realm of light.

The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War.
Without this key, Kingdom Hearts is forever beyond a person's reach. Only by gathering together seven hearts of pure light—hearts completely devoid of darkness—may one forge a Keyblade of heart and open the door to Kingdom Hearts.

And, as stated before, opening this door arguably gives that person control over all worlds and all people.

Xehanort Report VII said:

I have uncovered the Keyblade's ultimate mystery.

You see, besides the three families of Keyblades, there is another "Key Blade."
While it may sound the same when spoken, it is notated uniquely: "χ-blade."

And make no mistake, while it resembles a normal Keyblade, it is something altogether different.

Keyblades are said to be man-made counterparts to Kingdom Hearts. The χ-blade, however, coexists with Kingdom Hearts.

It is only forged when two hearts of equal power intersect—one heart of pure darkness, one heart of pure light.

From what is discussed in the cutscene, also by Yen Sid saying that the seven hearts of the princesses are the "replacement" of the true KH (which means these pure hearts weren't around at the time of the Keyblade War) which now hold the world together I am strongly tending to believe that Yen Sid is talking about a Keyblade of Heart and not the X-blade itself.
According to what is described in Xehanort Report VI.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
mx said that sora and the last one would be on there side so 3 lights are missing
Mickey counted six with him riku sora and TAV roxas/kairi may be the seventh light. I dont belive axel to be of the seven becasue axel' whle thing is that he does the unexpected, and being prohesied, jsut isnt him.

mjejr1

Roxas is now forever part of Sora, I believe so anyways, as he showed Sora all of his memories, and Terra is still under xehanorts control, so neither of them are one of the 7

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Roxas is now forever part of Sora, I believe so anyways, as he showed Sora all of his memories, and Terra is still under xehanorts control, so neither of them are one of the 7

so roxas is out okay. Terra however is seen as one of the lights counted by mickey, i hope lea not kaing his place. Then ther is kairi as the seventh light

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
After seeing the translated cutscene it turns really out to be true. Xehanort DID mess up and admitted it himself. His belief in using one heart of light and one of darkness to forge the X-blade was wrong and created only a fraction of the X-blade. lol.

From what do you get that? Roxas said he tried being Sora but it doesn't work out and Sora insists that they are not the same and he should be able to exist on his own. Roxas looks pleased at this and answers with "that's why it has to be you.", meaning most likely that "it has to be you to save us." which ties in with Blank Points. Not to mention it is now revealed that Roxas most likely has a heart of his own.
The reason he shows Sora his memories, or rather, awakens them, is in order to make him see that Roxas indeed can feel and think for himself. Sora uses that later as a reference to point out to Xigbar that Nobodies indeed can have hearts.
Furthermore, in Coded, Data-Naminé points out that none of these are Sora's memories, but connected with him and need to come to the surface someday. Which is exactly what happened there as Sora also received the painful memories of Xion and Naminé.

That doesn't mean Roxas has to be one of the 7 lights of the X-blade though...although I find it somewhat iffy that Xehanort implies the final battle taking place in "that land" (I guess Keyblade graveyard) and the end of the opening video shows exactly that world.

so roxas is out okay. Terra however is seen as one of the lights counted by mickey, i hope lea not kaing his place. Then ther is kairi as the seventh light

I wouldn't say it definitely yet, it's unclear, but looking at the secret ending it's pretty much plausible that Kairi might be the 7th light.

Henryp

Awards
Mickey counts Terra as one of the lights, and says that they need another one.
However, MX says one is with him, and says that after Sora becomes another darkness they will need another 3.
As Sora is save, and Lea is now another, they have 6 (Aqua, Ventus, Sora, Mickey, Riku and Lea)
In the secret ending Mickey is still worried about the missing one, and then Kairi comes to the scene.

Radar

Bronze Member
Mickey counts Terra as one of the lights, and says that they need another one.
However, MX says one is with him, and says that after Sora becomes another darkness they will need another 3.
As Sora is save, and Lea is now another, they have 6 (Aqua, Ventus, Sora, Mickey, Riku and Lea)
In the secret ending Mickey is still worried about the missing one, and then Kairi comes to the scene.
I could see this because..

Aprentice Xehanort might be one of the 13 darknesses.

And Roxas having a pyschical form, when we know ventus is one of the lights, just seems awkward. Unless perhaps Roxas had an entire different look, but Im not sure about that one.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And Roxas having a pyschical form, when we know ventus is one of the lights, just seems awkward. Unless perhaps Roxas had an entire different look, but Im not sure about that one.

Why are you always bitching about Roxas' looks?
He looks like he does because HE remembers how he looks like and all others who know him remember him like this as well.

Ventus and him are easily distinguishable anyways, as is seen pretty good here:
everyone.png

Or do you want to tell me you can't tell who's who?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
You can always tell Ven apart from Roxas and Sora due to their battle stances for 1. And Ven just has a completely different demeanor really, though Ven has his serene moments as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back