• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

leveling and skills...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsTrinity

jw what do you think will happen... will we have to start out new and learn everything over and level from 0 to 100 again or maybe we could transfer our kh file. do you want all your old skills or wat. ive nver played a game like that but it would be interesting. so what do you think or want to happen. if your gonna flame this thread then dont bother leaving a comment too. :)

x-knight

i woulnd really care it happens to a ton of sequels where you have to start off from scratch agen (damn u pokemon)

i would like most if not all the old techniques/skills to come back espicilly glide and superglide.

devilsTrinity

ya superglide was really helpful and just fun also Ragnarok if any it was one of my favorites
i dont care to much about summons i just hope they make some better ones mushu sucked but the summon animations where tight.

x-knight

i reckon they should get tweak the ap system for moves or maybe get rid of it all together it was so anoying when u sart of kh and u learn heaps of abilities but neva enuff ap to use em all

Doushitemo

Nomura said that you won't be able to transfer your KH file to KH2. So yeah, we have to start over.

zappopunk182

well i don t think it will be from start i think your start off with a good deal of the old moves because it wouldn t make sense to learn to glide and sonic blade again...

Non-Existant One

Glide and sonic blade havent been confirmed as returning abilities. But I see your point.
Chances are you probably will get some decent moves to start out with. Alot of theories could be drawn from reading the most recently translated Nomura interviews.

LightoftheDark

Ruler of them all!!!
You'll have to start from scratch, but I hope you get a few abilities to start the game with. Also, there are so many new, awesome abilities in KH2 that we've seen already, I don't really care that there isn't a file transfer option.

DragonRider1234

i found this at http://unlimitedgamer.net/kh2.php?id=coverage/kh2/rating_system_kh2.htm

Rating System/Obtainment of Abilities

Sora will receive a certain special ability/technique upon the completion of any one world (that is, aside from being granted the traditional theme-based Keychain, which will also be a returning factor). Exactly which ability/technique you acquire depends solely on how well you were able to successfully complete that particular world. Once you do complete the World, the factors will be tallied up, and depending on the end result, you'll receive one ability for that World. Determining factors include, but are not necessarily limited to (i.e. the only ones divulged as of this writing; these aren't the exact classifications [as there were none], just the names I'm going to give them based on descriptions):

Total Percentage Of World Beaten Rating
Overall Time Required To Successfully Beat World Rating
Total Vanquished Enemy-Count Rating
Battle Performance Rating
Magic Adept-ability Rating
Party Cooperation Rating
Group Participation Rating
Special Rating
Overall Performance Rating

Then, those are all added together and depending on the rating, you'll receive your reward. For example, in the Hercules-themed World (one publication referred to it as "Ancient Greece", the best ability Sora can obtain is "Zeus' Thunder", "an extremely powerful and punishing lighting-based magical attack", which drains all of Sora's MP. The second best ability is "Herc's Might" (drains 1/2) and the 'worst' one is "Hermes' Trail" (drains 1/4); no idea on what the latter two do (if you happen to do any worse than that, you'll receive a package with various items, equipment and lots of Munny included. There was no indication on whether or not if any of these abilities can be shared within the entire party, or if it's limited to just Sora. As well, if doesn't say if you can actually eventually obtain all the abilities for any given World by returning or not (I'd bet that you can).

im not sure if it is confirmed..........

Esp-Ada

Super Waterbender!
in reality he would still remember his techniques, but its just a game...so i doubt you will be able to transfer data...but you never know...

One-Winged-Angel

I do get tired of having to start from scratch in a sequel, but i think that maybe the skills that Sora has when we leave KH, maybe they won't be as effective as the new ones will be, so you will want to start over.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
KH2 is a whole new game, so you cant load stuff from KH1. So the answer to your question is no.

And what is the fun to start in KH2 on level 100? It would totally suck and you know it. Same for attacks. It's the whole fun part to gain new spells and attacks and all...

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Yeah, I would so think that you get a fresh start on leveling up. It'd seem kinda gay if we were to continue up on our level that we had from the first game. It just doesn't seem possible.

Plus, this game is a whole new game, as New said. It has a totally new engine, which means this is an entire new game, even though most evnironments will look the same.

devilsTrinity

you know what they could incorporate with starting over is COM and the memory thing i dont know but some how they could like he couldnt gain those memories back or something i dont know just a thought....

~NGD OMEGA~

No, the whole point of KH:COM was to concieve a possible way for Sora to lose all of his abilities in KH2, without just making him forget. This way they make us start from scratch with a plausible reason (Sora's Memories are messed Up). I just hope they return Ars Arcanum (My favorite from KH), and Holy (My favorite from KH:COM). Also Blazing Donald would be funny to have too...

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
I perfer to start from the beginning, at Level 1. Besides, starting off at Level 100 would either make the game easier because the heartless you fight early in the game are made easy for you to level up just in case you don't choose to start off from the data of the old game or it could make it hard because at 100, the game would make the enemies harder because they don't want things to be too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back