• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Level 1 run-throughs - advice?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

hlc1988

Awards
I'm attempting something I've never done before.

A Level 1 playthrough of all KH games.

I've just started KH1. I picked Staff and ditched the Shield. I'm wondering how wise that was. My aim is not to change Keyblade either. I'm not aiming to 100% everything. I just want to do the story. This is a test I've set myself. I understand I won't get Scan for KH1 which is a real bummer...

Can anyone give me tips for Level 1 playthroughs of KH1, CoM, KH2, and BBS? What is the best strategy for each? What should I prioritize?

Thank you!

Awards
KH1 lvl 1 is by far the hardest in the series.
There are multiple parts that are near impossible without summons, specific abilities, and high level magic. Strike Raid, Aerora, gravity, the dumbo summon and the mushy summon specifically for a lot of late game bosses

You definitely made the right choice by picking the staff because that will give you extra MP, so that's a good start.

I would suggest looking up how damage storage works, (I don't personally understand it well enough to explain it here) but I hear exploiting that hidden mechanic is the best way to beat a lot of bosses.

As for COM, Lvl 1 is kind of impossible since there isn't a "no experience" ability, but you could make it as hard as possible by never leveling up your HP. In terms of how to win fights in COM, Sonic blade is pretty much always the best answers

KH2 is the easiest lvl 1 playthrough. Reflect, limit breaks, and limit form will get you through pretty much every fight

I've never personally played BBS lvl 1, but I hear that D Links are the best way to go. Specifically Mickey's d Link and I think Goofy's D link are crazy powerful when fully leveled.

Hope this helps at least a little bit

hlc1988

Awards
KH1 lvl 1 is by far the hardest in the series.
There are multiple parts that are near impossible without summons, specific abilities, and high level magic. Strike Raid, Aerora, gravity, the dumbo summon and the mushy summon specifically for a lot of late game bosses

You definitely made the right choice by picking the staff because that will give you extra MP, so that's a good start.

I would suggest looking up how damage storage works, (I don't personally understand it well enough to explain it here) but I hear exploiting that hidden mechanic is the best way to beat a lot of bosses.

As for COM, Lvl 1 is kind of impossible since there isn't a "no experience" ability, but you could make it as hard as possible by never leveling up your HP. In terms of how to win fights in COM, Sonic blade is pretty much always the best answers

KH2 is the easiest lvl 1 playthrough. Reflect, limit breaks, and limit form will get you through pretty much every fight

I've never personally played BBS lvl 1, but I hear that D Links are the best way to go. Specifically Mickey's d Link and I think Goofy's D link are crazy powerful when fully leveled.

Hope this helps at least a little bit

Thank you for the advice!

Ah, good to know there is no CoM "no experience" ability. Not too fond of that game so I may skip it.

I will bear that in mind for KH2 and BBS. I'll definitely concentrate on summons, and magic for KH Level 1, and the abilities I can get without levelling up. I've only just reached Traverse Town so I have quite a far way to go...

Thank you for the advice!

Back