• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Original ► Let's Try This Again: Holiday Writing Interest Check

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So I posted an interest check thread in September for a Halloween Writing Contest. I thought there was zero interest because until the other day it hadn't gotten any replies. The poll votes were hidden by default though, and when I randomly decided to click "view," I saw there were 5 votes in fact for, yes, there was some interest. I wasn't notified there were voters, the votes were kind of hidden away, and yeah, I'm sorry about that to everyone who was looking forward to it. That was my mistake and I thought the interest wasn't there.

But now we have a new thread! Holiday Writing Interest check! Rather than do a poll this time, I figure we'll just simplify it and you can all post here and let me know what you'd like to see. Do you want to have a holiday writing contest, as in Christmas, New Years, your holiday of choice, wintertime in general? If everyone's hearts were set on Halloween, we could even do that still 😂

On the other hand, it doesn't have to be a contest. We could just do some holiday writing prompts or challenges together, I have a few different ideas based on some things we've done in the past and some things I think could be fun.

So let me know what you all think, I'll make sure to check back here frequently the next couple of weeks so that it doesn't fly under my nose this time, and yeah. Until then, hope everyone has a great rest of their week!

Max

Staff member
Awards
hey what's the writing prompt this time
I'm gonna give it a few more days to see if anyone else has any input they'd like to give on the whole thing, and then I'll make a separate thread and post what we'll be doing. So stay tuned!

khkid

Awards
I'm gonna give it a few more days to see if anyone else has any input they'd like to give on the whole thing, and then I'll make a separate thread and post what we'll be doing. So stay tuned!
I love writing about kingdom hearts
I might put myself in t

Soldier

Awards
Oh this poor man, all he does is want to have a holiday writing contest and everyone ignores his pleas for a contest to test their mettle. It's so sad....

Max

Staff member
Awards
Oh this poor man, all he does is want to have a holiday writing contest and everyone ignores his pleas for a contest to test their mettle. It's so sad....
If other people are interested in competing, I don't have a problem at all doing a contest as well as providing prompts for people who just want to write for fun. No reason we can't have both if the interest is there!

khkid

Awards
If other people are interested in competing, I don't have a problem at all doing a contest as well as providing prompts for people who just want to write for fun. No reason we can't have both if the interest is there!
Max i'm ready

Max

Staff member
Awards
Alright, as of now it seems like we'll have maybe 3 or 4 of us writing, which is awesome. And if anyone else decides they want to join in, then great! I think we'll go ahead with the prompts rather than the contest this time just due to the low number of participants, but I'm still excited to read what everyone writes and I hope everyone has fun!

What I'm thinking is Saturday I'm going to post the prompts. I plan on posting 7, one for each day until Christmas. This doesn't mean that anyone is expected to write a story a day or write all 7 prompts, but rather gives everyone some choices and variety. And if anyone is feeling up to the task, then they can go for completing all 7 if their heart desires, I will read every single one! So that's three days everyone, in three days the prompts will be up, keep an eye out!

Back