• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Let's talks about Titanfall though

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Killing giants seems to be real popular right now...

[video=youtube;z5sqPxbLmIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sqPxbLmIU[/video]

I hope they market the hell out of this game. I hope it demolishes both Halo and Call of Duty. And I hope it comes out before the Xbox One so I don't have to bother with its bullshit.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It's confirmed for Xbox One, 360 and Windows. So yeah, you could just get it on the current gen, and PC would be your better bet. The mech elements and the mobility of individual soldiers has me interested for this, but I'll wait for reviews or demos before I commit to it. Lots of recent FPS-set games on consoles have had cool gameplay ideas marred by clunky controls.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So this bad boy finally came out and me and my roommate spent quite a few hours playing this. It's honestly a lot of fun to play. Yes, as most reviews have stated, Titanfall is similar to Call of Duty and other FPS titles.

It was a title worth checking out because this is EA we are talking about. But they delivered. The multiplier had no issues day one, even at with a midnight launch. The game never bugged out on us nor did we experience any lag or connection difficulties. Not only that, but Titanfall is a Xbox One exclusive. It really it the first exclusive that seems quite popular among FPS fans.

Titanfall is a little different from FPS titles. The wall-running mechanic introduced is refreshing. Wall-running allows you to essentially run up any wall. It's often used to jump from one rooftop to the next. In addition, the new line of Titans can be used to have a competitive edge over your opponent. They feature an array of awesome weapons and each Titan has it's own advantages. But besides wall-running and Titans, I couldn't really find too many differences from the FPS norm. The game has many other features that have already been done in FPS games. For example, the invisibility suit/cloak in the game is an idea that has been done in FPS titles for a while now. Not to mention, Titanfall uses a lot of game modes from previous FPS titles.

In essence, it's not meant to be a Call of Duty killer, while branching away from the main formula, Titanfall is still an enjoyable game.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I've seen a lot of people stream this and all of them pretty much had the same game over and over (kill adds/people, get a Titan, kill other people/Titans, lose Titan rinse repeat/die and then rinse repeat.

I mean I'm sure that's the entire point of the game and it's probably fun, but I've never seen this happen with other games.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm aware. But I don't game on PC. So, I'll just wait for the non-(console)exclusive sequel. All good, there's a plethora of games for me to play at the moment. And I'm more interested in Destiny, which PlayStation gamers ARE getting. So, no worries.

Its on the 360 as well...
I played it on the xbox one and i wasn't super impressed. Its excellent by EA Standards though...

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Gotta say Titanfall is the 1st Microsoft exclusive I've been jelly of since Lost Odyssey That being said Titanfall is really a more balanced 1st person Starhawk. Without the Dog fights so not that jelly. :p

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The game is over. For you, there is no victory.

You have 10 seconds until the drop ship appears.

There are 3 titans surrounding the drop ship now with only 5 seconds to escape.

You don't have the invisibility cloak on because you're not a scrub. Just like Luke, it's all instinct from here.

Burn Cards are out of the question. Most weapons now are useless. Run and hide.

While those 3 titans shoot everything at you in the last remaining seconds of the game

You miraculously make it to the drop ship with the smallest amount of health possible.

You are the only survivor.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
[video=youtube;-x2R8oMQqsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x2R8oMQqsU[/video]

s surprisingly serious dunkview

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
It says that originally the game was planned to be a timed exclusive but then became a lifetime exclusive.

Microsoft apparently had to have SOMETHING to make sure their console didn't do even worse than it has.

Also while we're on the subject of timed exclusives, how do companies think doing this improves their image at all? To me it just makes them look like money-hungry assholes that I'd rather not vote support for with my dollar.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Shameful confession: I'm playing the PC version with a 360 controller. Everybody always says Mouse+keyboard are superior to gamepad but that's entirely true. Mouse is superior to controller, the keyboard sucks! & with the smart pistol I don't really need to care about precise aiming anyway.

Also while we're on the subject of timed exclusives, how do companies think doing this improves their image at all? To me it just makes them look like money-hungry assholes that I'd rather not vote support for with my dollar.
The general consumer wouldn't even know that a game is a timed exclusive. The vast majority of people who buy games don't go to gaming news or do any real research on what they want to buy. If they see a game on store shelves that's on 1 system & not the other, then its just simply an exclusive in their eyes. & they certainly don't give a damn for whatever underhanded politics goes in the making of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back