• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► "Let's Settle This"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is script form a crime on a simple forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGabriel_VXI

Just Surviving
Okay I got flamed today because of my fanfic being in script form. The person said it was "offending to us who dont use script form". I personally think that is B.S. Protesting because I write in scrift form? Sounds like a reason to take my 40 sumthin fans away from me. Us scipters do the same amount of work you guys do, dont whine if we get more people reading ours. I post in script form because when I joined this forum a year ago, everyone posted in script form. I picked up the habbit and I refuse to change my ways because some people cant read scripts. It offends them then it offends me as a senior member.

Is it somebody to whine about?

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
i only read one script (that i enjoy) and i really don't care if you write it in script form, i just won't read it. i have nothing against script writers but the incredible lack of detail and usually lack of punctuation. but i can't help but think though, that there's a difference in the amount of effort put into

Katie: *got up and walked to the other side*
Martha: what r u doing Katie
Katie: walking

and

Katie got up and walked to the other side of the room, thinking. Martha looked worried. "What are you doing, Katie?" she looked back, angered. "I'm walking."

?? or is it just me? whatever dude, doesn't matter though.

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
I prefer actually writing it out, but there are exceptions.

I have respect for all of the people who write their fics out (unless they're just bad), and I almost always *coughflamecough* script. Sometimes it's okay...

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Script fics are basically the lazy way out. Those of us who display proper writing techniques and such are defintely better writers than those who use the simple:

Dude 1: Durr...

Dude 2: I like sauce.

But seriously. Script writing is for scripts.

KingGabriel_VXI

Just Surviving
Thanks for the votes. It sucks ya cant make vote only polls anymore, cause I really intended for this to be a poll and not a discussion.

Last edited:

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
It wouldn't be fair. Making a poll means getting opinions. Votes could be just given for the sake of pressing a button. Posting gets reasons out and points proven.

On with this pointless debate.

KingGabriel_VXI

Just Surviving
How about I close it since its pointless?

Or wait, tell me, if I were to consider Without The Heartless a play instead of a story? Say I thought of it more as a movie in words, would it still be wrong to put it in script if it was meant to be a script?

Last edited:

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
KingGabriel_VXI said:
How about I close it since its pointless?

Or wait, tell me, if I were to consider Without The Heartless a play instead of a story? Say I thought of it more as a movie in words, would it still be wrong to put it in script if it was meant to be a script?

No. That would be pointless. If you considered WTH as a play, it would still be a story. A story is a story. A play is a story, only played out. The traditional writing style is more complex and needs more attention and skill. It fully shows how emotions are passed, how actions are described. The script format can do the same, but script should only be for scripts for plays. A story fully written in script format is just lazy blabber.

Emotions can be put like this.

And the world was cold. She walked out into the lawn, wondering what she's done with her life. Nothing could compare with what she had done. She smiled at her life, as her body trembled from the cold. Arms gently hugged her from behind as she turned around and smiled at her loving friend.

Writing it in script format now.

Girl 1: I think I'll look back at my life and try to compare what I does.
Guy 1: *Hugs Girl*

It's not going to work out.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
Lord, Gabe. Obsessing over one flamer's gonna kill you. The flames will come. Tons of people hate me. Do I care so much as to make a poll? No.

Anyway, I hate script. To be a play, I'd have to be able to see the actions of the characters, not just the speech, as pointed out by C_U.

KingGabriel_VXI

Just Surviving
Wow thats interesting.

A close friend mentioned to me that Romeo and Juliet was written in script form.

And so was "Miracle Worker; The Story of Helen Keller" and I read it and loved it because it was in script form.

Well youve got a pretty good point chained, but its sorta stereotypical to me. =\

EDIT: Um thanks I guess kat, youre right.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
The point of a fic isnt the form it is in you bakas-.-Its all about what the thign is about.Who REALLY cares about the format--I read a fic for the story and not if its script or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back