• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Let's ponder about 1.5+2.5 on the PS4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caxinuld

Awards
Will there be any major differences between the PS4 & PS4 Pro when it comes to running this game?

Pestilence

Awards
Will there be any major differences between the PS4 & PS4 Pro when it comes to running this game?

Considering they are PS2 remasters I expect it to run at native 4K on Pro and that to be the only real difference (it's not like there is a lot to tinker with even if they wanted). If you have a 1080p monitor it would downsample the game and look super sharp but I would hope the normal PS4 version has good AA anyway.

So when it comes to PS4/PS4 pro differences they will most likely be quite small. It's a whole different story with 0.2 and KH3 where they have a lot more to work with.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
One little modification to KH1FM and KH2FM I would love to see, it`s the adding of Retry option in the game over screen. I think now KH1 and KH2 only have Continue and Load Game options, and the Continue option always sends you back to the area before the boss. It is handy in BBS and in DDD that you can just choose Retry and fight the boss right away again, without first going back to the area before the boss.

Oh yeah, true! That would be so handy, especially in KH2, it's a bit annoying having to set your items and gear all ready and then exit the room and come back to save it so that you don't have to do it again if you lose. Would make life easier, especially with AS fights and Sephy.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I can't believe no one's mentioned NPCs yet (that I've seen, anyway).

And I myself even missed that in my initial post!

But c'mon, Square, go ahead and put some people at the ball in Cinderella's world and in the haunted Coliseum. Gah!

Seraph4568

@LightUpTheSky452 I agree with u. There's no point in having areas of the worlds if there's no NPCs in it. I hate that about a lot of the worlds in the games. I understand Re:coded and COM but not the others. That's stupid of Square's part and Disney's. Also dual audio and the other things people mentioned would be good too.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Kingdom Hearts: Boss Replayability (like DDD) and Theater Mode

Kingdom Hearts RE-COM:
Xion Card and Boss Replaybility (using memories cards of the people you fought: you want to fight Jafar? Use your Jafar Card to refight him.)

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: More Battle Cutscenes (especially the Final Battle vs Xion's final forms)

Kingdom Hearts II: Boss Replayability (like DDD), Xion Data Battle (why not?) and 1000 Heartless Fight has 992 of the normal enemies you fought in the Original but six Wyverns and Two Arch Behemoths added in the mix.

Kingdom Hearts BBS: Multiplayer in Mirage Arena, and Boss Replayability via Mirage Arena

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded: A few new scenes

Trophies: In Call of Duty if you played on Veteran or higher you would get the previous difficulty achievements/trophies. So if you play on Critical Mode you get all the other difficulty trophies (RE-COM was bs, you had to play as sora and riku on all difficulties)

Better Loading Times

When you complete all 6 games you get a KHIII secret ending.

hlc1988

Awards
If they were to add NPCs then they'd have to create new models which would be far too time-consuming for a port that has a definitive release date.

To be fair we do not know how long they have been working on the PS4 release of 1.5 and 2.5, do we? They could have been working on the PS4 editions whilst getting it together for the PS3.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
To be fair we do not know how long they have been working on the PS4 release of 1.5 and 2.5, do we? They could have been working on the PS4 editions whilst getting it together for the PS3.

Unlikely if you ask me. If it had flopped on the PS3 they sure wouldn't have wanna worked on the PS4 version for nothing.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm afraid that making KH1 and KH2 60fps will come with weird side effects, like dodge roll having less I-frames like when you hack it on an emulator.

Bionic Puppy

Ok so can I say I'm really annoyed at this because I got a PS3 for the sole reason of KH1.5/2.5 and the DAY BEFORE THIS GODDAMN NEWS COMES OUT JFC

But I'm actually looking forward to this a lot. After seeing the 2.8 trailer I'm really looking forward to the bumped up graphics (they better be bumped up) and the remixes added some cool stuff, and I can't wait if they'll add anything more to games to thicken the plot (I'm looking at you, coded)

I'd also like to see Xion in 2 but I'm finding that very unlikely. I like the theme of Xion just simply disappearing. it's bad for my poor, poor heart (it's still weeping) but it makes sense in terms of her character.

Saying all of this, I can easily see this as just being a tying together of 6 games (bloody hell, six) for some extra money to help the games get along and line SE's pocket.

I'm looking forward to it, though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back