• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Let's Meet The Members of the Role-Playing Section!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Although we have interesting interviews with prominent members of the RP section we don't really know much about anyone hiding within the crevices of our murky, near-desolate, cesspool of the KHI corner that can barely be justified as a "creative medium".

Er, that is to say, we don't know much about anyone who is more "new" to this section and forum! So with all of the things going on in our little piece of the world, how about we takes things slow and get to know our members from the inside out without the nasty little business of dissection that haven't proved very.. successful in the past.

1. Join Date - Could be when you joined the forum or the date you actually started to RP here, how old are you to our section? How new are you?
2. Type of RPer - This could mean a plethora of things but what kind of writer are you? Driven by highly caffeinated drinks, a sugar-high and the incentive of writing the best post ever, or a casual writer who takes a while to post but not from a lack of effort but just taking time to formulate your words carefully. Or anything else you can think of!
3. What kind of RPs do you enjoy? - Is there a specific genre, motif, universe, fandom, or flavor of RP you particularly find delicious?
4. Are you a leader or a follower?! - Do you conceive the best RP imaginable? Or do you wait for one to pop up?
5. Why do you RP? - Er.. Why.. do you RP?
6. Inspiration - How do you get inspired to write? Does it take music? Meditation? TV? Or can you just pull a post out of thin air like that?
7. Quirks - Do you do anything special while writing a post? Wear special gloves or clear the room of bad aura?
8. Blah - Anything else we might not have known about you, could be about writing or just you in general!

I certainly hope this will encourage more of the.. "lesser known" RPers, because we're all a happy family and while we occasionally try to kill each other we can all sit down for Thanksgiving after a visit to the hospital.

So, let's get everyone here! The new ones, the old ones, and the ones who lurk behind the scenes stalking the RPs! ^^

If anyone has any suggestions for questions feel free to post them ^^

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
SO YOU DID THIS INSTEAD OF MONSTER MADNESS?!

I am very, very disappoint :(

No trick or treat candies for j00 XP

Also, define 'lesser known,' considering you just described us all collectively as a family who knows enough of one another to kill each other over Thanksgiving dinners. :(

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And Mister Wolfe, you better effing make a Monster for le Monster Madness Contest, or I will haunt you until next year. This be serious business.

Last edited:

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
SO YOU DID THIS INSTEAD OF MONSTER MADNESS?!

I am very, very disappoint :(

No trick or treat candies for j00 XP

Also, define 'lesser known,' considering you just described us all collectively as a family who knows enough of one another to kill each other over Thanksgiving dinners. :(

-Might fill up later with my life story later-

;-;

And um, I only used that because.. well I couldn't think of a fancier substitute. I'm talking about like the people who just joined and such, who haven't particularly made a name for themselves. It wasn't like a lesser tiered ^^.

Like a distant cousin!

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
1. Join Date - As old as my join date. I joined the site to roleplay first and do everything else second.

2. Type of RPer - I'm a mix of 'writing the best post ever' and just writing casually, it really depends on both the plot and what is there to inspire me.

3. What kind of RPs do you enjoy? - Just about anything simple enough so I can join in without worrying about a lack of knowledge. I like using Naruto characters and joining roleplays with that anime in mind but they either don't last due to lack of attention, or I just end up losing interest. Everyone seems to be untouchable in them. Not always a bad thing but superpowered characters are discouraging to new folks. This doesn't just apply to Naruto but roleplaying in general. So whether you start out strong or start out weak, a little character power diversity is fully welcome in my opinion.

4. Are you a leader or a follower?! - I don't really bother trying to forge roleplays seeing as the community as a whole isn't dedicated enough to see them through. Some people just place templates and never post again. I have the attitude to be a leader but I'm better off as just a 'co' leader. I can follow as well. Due to wanting things to make sense and needing details to be present, as well as actions to have detail and be ..well, logical, I can come off as a mean guy. By all means I can be a mean person, but my intentions are good ninety eight percent of the time.

5. Why do you RP? - It's fun and improves my writing abilities.

6. Inspiration - Takes amazing roleplayers with wise ideas and unique characters. If I'm too busy roleplaying with elitist people who think they are correct in any matter involving them, then there's really nothing for me and my posts are affected as a result. Wrote a one-liner because of that once.

7. Quirks - Music or just imagining the scene play out beforehand.

8. Blah - People like to think they know me. They don't. I'm actually a nice guy, but only a handful of people will ever know that.

Last edited:

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
1. Join Date - About a week after I joined and discovered that thre WAS a Role-Playing section.
2. Type of RPer - Semi-casual, but dedicated to the RPs I'm interested in.
3. What kind of RPs do you enjoy? - I have no particular fandom, just whatever catches my eye. I'd like to try a Star Trek RP, but the KHI isn't too kind to us Trekkies. Probably the whole Fantasy vs. Sci-Fi thing, who knows? If there's anything I love, it's the chance to be the psychopathic villain. (You know that already Wolfe. ^_^) Much more complex than your typical hero archetype.
4. Are you a leader or a follower?! - I've conceived a few times, but nothing that ever became popular, so I'm a follower now.
5. Why do you RP? - To hone my writing; and because there isn't anything else to do on the Net.
6. Inspiration - I usually improv my writing, though if someone's post connects with mine, that makes all the easier. Of course, good interaction also encourages me to post more.
7. Quirks - None that I can think of.
8. Blah - Another reason I RP is because I'm also a Fanfiction writer. (two years now!) Participating in RPs is basically co-writing a story. :D

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
1. Join Date - I discovered the RP section shortly after I joined the forums. So pretty much the same time I started. April 2009
2. Type of RPer - I guess I'm a jack of all trades, I don't really do it to come up with the 'best rp post imaginable' I do it because I like having fun so you could say I'm a casual RPer.
3. What kind of RPs do you enjoy? - There are quite a few categories of RP that I enjoy, Original works, Canon RP's based on Anime, video games and the like, and Even ones based on books. But I find that I enjoy Fantasy types the most.
4. Are you a leader or a follower?! - I guess I'm kinda both... I started an RP when I started and after I made a few friends it took off. But then friends started reffering me to their RP's so I figure sometimes, Hey, since they joined my RP, I should check their's out to see if it's any good.
5. Why do you RP? - I RP for many reasons, Boredom, meeting new Members and making new friends, and to expand on my creative talents mostly, but there are a lot more reasons than that.
6. Inspiration - I think on the go, mostly because I naturally think faster than most so I can come up with posts on the spot and that's how I do it.
7. Quirks - Sometimes I enjoy a good RP like a movie so sometimes I would take a snack break and run to 7-11 to get myself a pop and I pop some popcorn when I get back then head back up to my room
8. Blah -

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

1. Join Date – October 6 2010,I’ve actually been here for a year now.

2. Type of RPer – I one ofthose people that get straight to the point in Roleplaying, I don’t use all ofthose fancy words and stuff, just write so people know what I have done in myturn, but I do use detail.

3. What kind of RPs do you enjoy? – I enjoyRoleplays about Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and whatever my friends can whipup. If I see anything I like I join it.

4. Are you a leader or afollower?! - I just make Roleplays that I think people will join. Creating thebest Roleplay is impossible, for that you need everyone to be interested in itand that is pretty much impossible too, you can’t put something everybody likesinto a Roleplay

5. Why do you RP? – I Roleplaybecause it’s fun. You make friends while you do it and you get to be somebodycompletely different from you, giving you the task to keep them alive.

6. Inspiration – Books. Skulduggery Pleasantmostly, that was what got me to write in the first place, or I just needsomething to spill my imagination into.

7. Quirks – Who wears gloveswhile writing? Not me, I don’t do anything special while making a post.

8. Blah – I’m eleven.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
All right, we're getting a nice haul of people. The plan is proceeding very well~

Anyone is allowed to fill out the little questionairre, it isn't aimed for a specific type of role-player but for everyone in general. KHI wouldn't be as great as it is without us eccentric writers...

Well.. it would probably be doing well since it is a Kingdom Hearts site..

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
1. Join Date - March 19, 2009

2. Type of RPer - I guess, I'm a mix of both. Though I'd say I'm more inclined to the type who tries to write the best post ever, since I always aim to improve with every post I make =3. I'd like to one day be more of a casual poster who can write a post of equivalent quality to a hard worked for one. Or, that's the level of quality I'd like to reach for now ;3.

3. What kind of RPs do you enjoy? - There is not a single genre so as to speak, but I like those RPs which I can connect easily with and get a good rhyme and sense of. The more I understand them, the more I enjoy RPing in them. I especially like those with a flavor for high individual customization =3, part of the reason I end up in lots of Canon RPs.

4. Are you a leader or a follower?! - Recently, I've been more of a follower, but I'm always on the hunt for a good idea to transform into an awesome RP. Sometimes, I just try to play a bit with this idea and take my time carefully planning and making my RP ^ ^.

5. Why do you RP? - Because it is Fun desu-ne ;D. And because I like when everyone's imagination clash and merge together in the threads of the story.

6. Inspiration - Lots of things inspire me, but ironically, what inspires me like no other is silence. No really, a good cup of coffee, a quiet room and the right mood almost always produce the best of what I can write =3. Other than that, Some pieces of orchestral music, classical and OSTs can spark a myriad of ideas within my mind, same as a beautifully drawn picture or illustration.

7. Quirks - None that I could think of, except if you consider a cup of coffee a certain quirk ^ ^''

8. Blah - eh, I wonder ^ ^'' ?

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
1. Join Date - Well I started rping the first day I join this site in Oct. 2005 but, I've been rping since 2002 on various other sites. I came here around the time AJ was about to leave and the rp section was really starting to jump into high gear. It does feel good to remember those days.

2. Type of RPer - I won't lie but, i'm a very lazy rper. I take my time and procrastinate before posting anything. Though when I post, I always make it good. I turly only type my absolute best when the need arises or I just wanna look good. Unlike some others, past and present, who believe gigantic posts are the way to go and the best looking post, I do only two paragraphs, unless otherwise needed, that get straight to the point. That's just who I am.

3. What kind of RPs do you enjoy? - I enjoy action rps of any kind. They are were my brain is most active and get my gears grinding. I used to like romance rps because i'm really good at them, if not one of the best, but lately I haven't been interested. Action rps of any style can get me to post. I'm really freestyle though so, I've been known to join other styles for fun. Though the rps that allow for me to jump up and down as a hero are my favorites. I used to get carried away and try to be the overall hero at ever turn but, now i'm pretty tame on the issue. Last but not least, i'm one of those rare brand of rpers that can take on ten rps at once that are active. In the past, I believe I was in fifteen rps at once and doing just fine.

4. Are you a leader or a follower?! - I'm a mix of both. I can make some really good rps but, it's hard for me to keep them interesting without some kind of cliche which is why I collab with people. I do follow alot though in hopes of melding rps into greatness with others. There are plenty of people on this site who have some of the best ideas i've ever read and they deserve dedicated rpersso, i'm always searching for new ones.

5. Why do you RP? - I rp because it's an outlet of my creative mind. It allows me to be someone i'm not or hope to be. Ever since I was little, I used to love running around as Goku or Superman so, rping is just a better of way of doing it. Not to mention it's an outlet for my writing with which is helping me more as an author.

6. Inspiration - My inspiration would have to be Superbia and The Citrus Cult aka Tav and Dar. Without them, I wouldn't even be rping. I met them five year ago around the time I was so stupid tired of rping but, thy brought me back to life with their creative nature and unique ideas. They will always and forever be my inspiration to write in general. I'm always giddy to see what they come up with and I won't lie about taking their style and mixing with my own to make something new. They are the best at what they do.

7. Quirks - I listen to music.
8. Blah - Nothing more.

~The Legendary K.N~

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...i have no idea if i'm allowed to do this, but i'll give it a go? ;; If not, I shall delete choo! *pokes post* :D

1. Join Date - May 2004. I joined the RP forums in July of that year, though, and have been stuck here since O:

2. Type of RPer - I'm really driven into posting in a roleplay if the current plot interests me a lot. If something exciting happens, I will post lottttts.

3. What kind of RPs do you enjoy? - Kingdom Hearts, first. Call me unoriginal or whatever you want, but I always roleplay KH and, if I try to join another RP, it's just not the same. :\ (Though, I will roleplay Disney World, Digimon Tamers, Epic Mickey, or TWEWY if they pop up.) Second, it's gotta be dark and creepy. Not horror, but more dark than anything.

4. Are you a leader or a follower?! - SCREW IT I'M A FREAKIN' LEADER. But, seriously, I don't remember the last time I joined someone's RP. o__o;;

5. Why do you RP? - To escape and have imagined adventures, I guess. I imagined all sorts of stories when I was little, and still very much do, about going to other worlds and having adventures. That's partially why I roleplay Kingdom Hearts so much -- because I've always wanted to go to Traverse Town or Hollow Bastion or even other worlds that aren't from Kingdom Hearts. ...yeah, i'm strange :D;;

oh and 'cause it's fun. YOU BETTER BE HAVING FUN >:[ And to meet awesome peoples, too. I've met the greatest friends in the whole world through this forum ;~;

6. Inspiration - MUSIC. ...mostly. And really good stories.

7. Quirks - I always plan out my posts and accidentally keep track of the number of posts I've made in a particular roleplay as well. XD; I go through multiple ideas for a post and go with the best ones, since I jot them down. It's not great planning, but planning nonetheless. I think it helps out a bit. Sometimes I wear a spiffeh hat when I'm writing in general, though. (blame nanowrimooooo owo)

8. Blah - NINJA ZOMBIE LEMURS.

Last edited:

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
[Insert offensive joke here]
1. Join Date -
I joined two or three years ago, though I was pretty active in what was KHI's anonymous section.
2. Type of RPer - Templater/Slacker
For some reason I have trouble posting. I blame it on my schedule, seeing how I often fall behind in RP's, and can't catch up. So a lot of the times (the majority) I'll get hyped for an RP, make a template. Then never post, 'cause within two days it would have three pages full of posts. I also like to know the other characters my character is interacting with. So I'm constantly switching between the sign-ups, and RP threads. Whatever though, I hoping to beat my streak soon.
3. What kind of RPs do you enjoy? -
Actual Kingdom Hearts RP's, Sci-Fi's (too bad there aren't any), and anything with an interesting concept, yet doesn't prohibit certain RPing freedoms.
4. Are you a leader or a follower?! -
Follower fo'sures.
5. Why do you RP? -
A better question would be why do you RP?:biggrin:
6. Inspiration -
The actual RP, and some soothing progressive metal in the background.
7. Quirks -
No, I do nothing special what so ever. Which is a bad thing of course, cause my RPing is usually horrible.
8. Blah -
I hate it so much when people take themselves too seriously in a RP. I mean anywhere, not just this site (though I've only seen it maybe twice at most within the last two years). I don't mind if you're super literate though (but I'm still jealous of your extended vocabulary).

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I figured I might as well put one of these up since no one's ever interviewed me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
1. Join Date - July 2009, ask a few from 06, they knew me previously.

2. Type of RPer -
s1coffeeman.gif
he who adores entertainment.

Ok, but seriously. I'm really the most nonchallant RP'er here. No matter how serious I can make my content come or appeal as, as an honest joe doesn't matter what the meter or the matter. Talk to me. I am an rp'er that moves his plots by actually communicating with more than 70% of my cast through PMs or IMs. I organize upcoming events the same way without spoiling them, I give people an idea of what to expect, but never an idea of how to presumably react [per-say].

3. What kind of RPs do you enjoy? - All kinds, because I believe in the practicality of transferring ideas, collaborations, and the versatility between each.

4. Are you a leader or a follower?! - I've always been a leader, but when its not my project I am an absolute peon, down to the crossing of T's.

5. Why do you RP? - I get to see other people's ideas in action, which is encouraging for writer as well as author such as myself. I do it because its fun, and you not only handle people's expectations of you, but also you're able to tell if its not your writing, but you they like or dislike within a certain range. I think that last statement comes to a person's self-esteem, or feeling they need validity in achievement to solidify said esteem.

6. Inspiration - RP battles inspired me to RP more. This is mainly because the crowd I initially roleplayed with were only just getting their leggings, and when the old "challenges" section went up, there was an extravagant gap in the quality of the content I read. Admittedly I wanted to write on some level of sophistication that a lot of the 15-18 year olds did back at that time.

But that was then.

What inspires me now are the current roleplayers, their styles, and their input into the section. It will not always have to do with how much they post, but what they post/put into the section. Sometimes I kind of feel this isn't realized as often as we'd like to believe, but a great deal of our lurkers/guest later become members of this site and roleplay with the hosts of certain RPs or in a sense follow the stronger leads because they really enjoyed reading a roleplay here. Bet'cha didn't know that, did ya? I was one of those people along with a select 09 members that joined because of some 07' rp'ers, Azrael, Tenyas, and Rhapsody being among those that inspired me.

7. Quirks - Of course I do. I watch stick animations while composing more than at least 80% of my posts :D

8. Blah - I honestly feel I am disliked for a lot when I do almost to nothing to put that impression over my head. But that's maybe a 1% sense of paranoia I have that will bother me and turn me off to joining other RPs. Something else as well, the Citrus and Superbia thing I actually crack a laugh to, but again when it comes to that I just happened to know him for a time prior to actually re-joining this site. Naturally we collaborate, and whilst people seem to be afraid or just aggravated with Supe, its one of those "love me today, hate me tomorrow" mentalities I often see directed at him, and because of my affiliation, I get that when I don't roleplay with others as often as he does/did and like I felt based off just that I was getting jack-slapped before I could make my own impression.

For the record I also never cared about being a powerhouse, I only dreamed of writing content fluidly like OmniChaos and Ordeith, hell even TheProfessor (all Cunning-Linguist).

Veteran doesn't mean anything, its just a word, just a term. I'm a roleplayer forever, veteran never lol.

digimikej

Awards
>>
<<
im not-quite-an RPer yet. should i post a......self interview? template?that thingy that designates the way to post about myself at the start of the thread.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I might as well do this.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back