• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lets discuss this "inexperience"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yomitchymitch

But take away that heart, and he'll lose the ability to do so.

It's not the quantity, but quality. It doesn't matter how many friends you have; what does matter is how strong your friendship is.

I'd say it's more likely to assume that they haven't been to other worlds, considering Eraqus needing to explain how he unlocked the Lanes Between and what they're used for. Ven especially, was never allowed to leave LoD, so he's automatically out.

This confuses me.

Because he was given the opportunity to do so. Aqua wasn't, and by the time she could, it was already too late.

Whether he wants to or not is kind of irrelevant. It doesn't change the fact that he does do this.

You'd make a better argument if they were all true, not just some of them.

Sure. I don't see the point in continuing to post here anyway if all of my posts are ignored.

Sorry Idk how to do that nifty post thing like you do.
And I did read your posts, and I changed a few of mine because of what you said. Especially about the antiform.
Sora has formed a quality connection with most of his friends. Especially worlds he has been to multiple times.
And of course he has, Riku Kairi Mickey Donald Goofy. Which TVA have each other.
And also. skyy almost made it sound insignificant that Sora beat Roxas. Because Roxas is part of himself. Thats why I stated that about Terra.
But I do appreciate your input, and your understanding for my jokes.

tenchi ryu

In the end....like I've said before, I have no malice towards anyone. The reason why this argument can go for so long is because BOTH sides can bring good evidence. Some think Sora is stronger, some think TAV is stronger. I have my own opinions and try to back them up, but in the end, I hope for a SRT TAV 6 man tag team against the last bost

Dowhax

Bronze Member
And the only way this is gonna end is if everyone on both sides agree it's all a matter of opinion.

I personally would like to make a petition to put a perm-ban on these types of threads since they always lead to wars that we've all seen in three topics that are the same in the same thread! These never go anywhere, since they turn into wars, but this is what I think personally.

yomitchymitch

Uhh.. I just thought about it. But TAV have D-link which is used to borrow one's power. To use someone else's power, as if it were your own.
So if you think about it. D-link = Drive Forms. Both have similar ways of being used. TVA need wayfinder. Sora needs clothes.

Then that changes the styles to forms thing. Now styles are unmatched. Which is how it should be.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Uhh.. I just thought about it. But TAV have D-link which is used to borrow one's power. To use someone else's power, as if it were your own.
So if you think about it. D-link = Drive Forms. Both have similar ways of being used. TVA need wayfinder. Sora needs clothes.

Then that changes the styles to forms thing. Now styles are unmatched. Which is how it should be.

No one ever mentioned D-Links because they weren't ever slightly critical to the plot. Sora's clothes were used in cutscenes and had a cutscene of its creation. D-Links are more closely related to allies or summons.

tenchi ryu

And the only way this is gonna end is if everyone on both sides agree it's all a matter of opinion.

I personally would like to make a petition to put a perm-ban on these types of threads since they always lead to wars that we've all seen in three topics that are the same in the same thread! These never go anywhere, since they turn into wars, but this is what I think personally.

I co-sign this. Even though I take part....I try my best to keep it as friendly as possible, cause in the end, we all are kh fans, and we all want the same thing, to bring XH down for good

Wheels

Sora can dual wield without a form. TVA can't.
Sora has forms, TVA have styles.
Sora learned his abilities of the keyblade on his own. TVA were trained, by a master. Who was trained by a master.
Sora has wielded 3, yes 3, keyblades.
Sora & Riku took out three different forms of Xemnas, one having the power of Kingdom Hearts on his side.
Ventus would never have even been part of the story, if not for Sora. But Sora would have gained his powers. Aqua was going to pass it on to him.
Sora has more friends than TVA do. Two Specific trios in fact.
TVA have armor, Sora does not.
Sora: Big Screen. TVA: Small Screen.
Sora, though he cannot fly on his keyblade, fights heartless with a Gummi Ship.
Sora defeated Riku, When Riku had a keyblade, and the power of darkness.
Sora can skate.
Sora went to more worlds.
Sora beat LS. Who is Terra.
Sora beat Roxas. Who is, imo, stronger than Ven.
When someone took a friend's heart, Sora actually got the heart back. Aqua didn't.
Sora has two types of enemies to deal with. TVA had one.
Sora woke up from his slumber, Ven still hasn't.
Sora doesn't need to use the power of darkness, Terra does.

The list goes on and on. Yeah, TVA had a different set of skills, and it was for a reason. But Sora is getting stronger.
Sora, imo, is as strong as TVA, and has shown times where he was stronger than them. And Sora is finishing what they couldn't.
Sora>TVA

1. He can only dual wield because of Ven. Therefore, not HIS ability, but THEIR ability. Once Ven's heart is out of there, who knows if Sora will even KEEP the Keyblade.

2. Annndddd?

3. Again, could be contributed to Ven's heart but yes, I agree with this, however being taught by a Master allows for the full potential of abilities to be unlocked. I mean, you don't see Sora using Wind Raid or Spark Raid, no just plain old Strike Raid.

4. Yes he has, his, Roxas' and Ven's. Again, THEIR ability, not his.

5. I do believe it's been confirmed that the Org. XIII's Kingdom Hearts was just a fake. Terra defeated(to the point of where a kill would be simply one strike)two Masters, one of whom had summoned Kingdom Hearts(The real one), then his LS proceeded to kick his own ass.. Aqua with the power of her friends, broke the x-Blade. She also subdued Venitas, who's very existence threatened the entire KH universe, and Terranort. and Ven too helped subdue Vanitas.

6. No Ven still would have been part of the story, if BbS was still made. IIRC, Terra and Ven were the two characters planned out from the start. And Aqua was going to, until she realised Terra had passed the Keyblade onto Riku. Remember her line, "One Keyblade is enough between friends." So no, she still wouldn't have passed onto him

7. Ven befriends almost everyone he meets, so lets count, Jaq, Lea, Isa, Snow White, Cinderella, maybe the three fairies, Stitch, Peter Pan, the Lost Boys, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Minnie, Hercules, Zack, Scrooge as well as Aqua and Terra. Aqua and Terra befriend less, but that's because they know the rule about not meddling, but still befriend Chip & Dale, Horace, The Seven Dwarves and Ven. Sora blatantly ignores that rule. Horrible point too, by the way.

8. Annnnnd?

9. Sora's appeared on more small screens than he has on big screens(KH1, KH2, Re:CoM compared to 358/2, CoM, Coded, Re:Coded, BbS). If the PSP screen bothers you so much, get a component cable. Another really crap point

10. Annnnddd? TVA were before the time of the manufactured heartless. I'm sure if they were in that time, they would fight Heartless from their Keyblades too. We know they can do it, by Ven's space fight.

11. Sora>Riku =/= Sora>TVA

12. *facepalm*

13. Because he was allowed to, TVA were only allowed to go to new worlds because of the Unversed's appearance and to find MX. And the fact he's had more games based around him(Seeing as he's the main character) AND for the PSP, they did a damm good job with the 12 or so worlds they did have. Hardware restraints aren't a story thing, therefore they don't count.

14. LS stopped the fight, he wasn't defeated. There's no damage to him afterwards, and after he just sinks back into his original position. You can even go back and talk to him. That doesn't sound very defeated to me. And the LS isn't Terra, it's Terra's thoughts and emotions possessing his armour

15. Roxas has the same power level as Sora. They are two halves of a whole. And if it's simply because of the dualwielding, I've already explained this.

16. None of her friends lost their heart to darkness

17. Actually, Pureblood Heartless were around at this time, and it's been shown that MX thought it would be a good idea to strengthen Ven by getting him to fight them.

18. Two completely different slumbers. One is much like Kairi's slumber. The other was a quick nap(comparatively) to have his memories reorganized.

19. Anti-form says hi.

yomitchymitch

1. He can only dual wield because of Ven. Therefore, not HIS ability, but THEIR ability. Once Ven's heart is out of there, who knows if Sora will even KEEP the Keyblade.

2. Annndddd?

3. Again, could be contributed to Ven's heart but yes, I agree with this, however being taught by a Master allows for the full potential of abilities to be unlocked. I mean, you don't see Sora using Wind Raid or Spark Raid, no just plain old Strike Raid.

4. Yes he has, his, Roxas' and Ven's. Again, THEIR ability, not his.

5. I do believe it's been confirmed that the Org. XIII's Kingdom Hearts was just a fake. Terra defeated(to the point of where a kill would be simply one strike)two Masters, one of whom had summoned Kingdom Hearts(The real one), then his LS proceeded to kick his own ass.. Aqua with the power of her friends, broke the x-Blade. She also subdued Venitas, who's very existence threatened the entire KH universe, and Terranort. and Ven too helped subdue Vanitas.

6. No Ven still would have been part of the story, if BbS was still made. IIRC, Terra and Ven were the two characters planned out from the start. And Aqua was going to, until she realised Terra had passed the Keyblade onto Riku. Remember her line, "One Keyblade is enough between friends." So no, she still wouldn't have passed onto him

7. Ven befriends almost everyone he meets, so lets count, Jaq, Lea, Isa, Snow White, Cinderella, maybe the three fairies, Stitch, Peter Pan, the Lost Boys, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Minnie, Hercules, Zack, Scrooge as well as Aqua and Terra. Aqua and Terra befriend less, but that's because they know the rule about not meddling, but still befriend Chip & Dale, Horace, The Seven Dwarves and Ven. Sora blatantly ignores that rule. Horrible point too, by the way.

8. Annnnnd?

9. Sora's appeared on more small screens than he has on big screens(KH1, KH2, Re:CoM compared to 358/2, CoM, Coded, Re:Coded, BbS). If the PSP screen bothers you so much, get a component cable. Another really crap point

10. Annnnddd? TVA were before the time of the manufactured heartless. I'm sure if they were in that time, they would fight Heartless from their Keyblades too. We know they can do it, by Ven's space fight.

11. Sora>Riku =/= Sora>TVA

12. *facepalm*

13. Because he was allowed to, TVA were only allowed to go to new worlds because of the Unversed's appearance and to find MX. And the fact he's had more games based around him(Seeing as he's the main character) AND for the PSP, they did a damm good job with the 12 or so worlds they did have. Hardware restraints aren't a story thing, therefore they don't count.

14. LS stopped the fight, he wasn't defeated. There's no damage to him afterwards, and after he just sinks back into his original position. You can even go back and talk to him. That doesn't sound very defeated to me. And the LS isn't Terra, it's Terra's thoughts and emotions possessing his armour

15. Roxas has the same power level as Sora. They are two halves of a whole. And if it's simply because of the dualwielding, I've already explained this.

16. None of her friends lost their heart to darkness

17. Actually, Pureblood Heartless were around at this time, and it's been shown that MX thought it would be a good idea to strengthen Ven by getting him to fight them.

18. Two completely different slumbers. One is much like Kairi's slumber. The other was a quick nap(comparatively) to have his memories reorganized.

19. Anti-form says hi.

We went over this. It's over. Thanks for trying though

Allister Rose

French Lover
Sora doesn't need to be the same level as TAV to defeat the antagonist. and he can meet his potential at his own. sora doesn't use plain old strike raid (again with the over simplification to prove a point). Sora at least has forms that grants him power.
SOra doesn't need to be a keyblade master because he has friends along side him. sora's dream isn't to become keyblade master, sora doesn't even wish to be strong in general he just wants to be with his friends and that happens to coinside with defeating the heartless.

kh2 he begged on his to Saix to see kairi (i dont remember what he asked exactly but it was kairi related). that says something. but that doesn't mean he will do anything for the villains, it was just that situation. i'm just pointing out that it can happen.

Sora becoming keyblade master wuld mean he would go all on his own (like TAV) because he wouldn't need donald or goofy. which would brake the traditional element in KH series (for sora's case) and the whole "my friends are my power" would be completely worthless to sora.

Sora doesn't need to know the same moves TAV does to be equally strong as them. Sora doesn't even need to be equally strong to TAV to defeat Xehanort. Sora doesn't need to be trained by them. that's just more of a fan fiction idea.

sora with no experience off the keyblade started off as a simple kid slashing the keyblade. yet in that very same game he was able to defeat xehanort heartless. in COM even while losing his memories gained stronger to defeat Marluxia. in kh2...(do i need to go on?). point is, for a kkid who started off with little expirience he got stronger throughout the game + drive forms + friends, it's not necesary for him to be master.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
This doesn't make sense. Should Ventus be penalized for having Sora restore his fractured heart?

Ven's not the one being penalized, Sora is. Because the power Sora is using is not his own, but Ven's. Such a power wouldn't exist for Sora if Ven was not apart of him, so it can't be used in Sora's favor.

I'd sign. xD Sure, I take part in them, it DOES up my post count, but some of the replies can get frustrating.

kh2 he begged on his to Saix to see kairi (i dont remember what he asked exactly but it was kairi related). that says something. but that doesn't mean he will do anything for the villains, it was just that situation. i'm just pointing out that it can happen.

And Aqua doomed herself to life in the Realm of Darkness just to save Terra's life. That also says volumes (and this is coming from a diehard SoKai fan).

sora with no experience off the keyblade started off as a simple kid slashing the keyblade. yet in that very same game he was able to defeat xehanort heartless. in COM even while losing his memories gained stronger to defeat Marluxia. in kh2...(do i need to go on?). point is, for a kkid who started off with little expirience he got stronger throughout the game + drive forms + friends, it's not necesary for him to be master.

I don't think anyone's trying to say that Sora hasn't done exceptionally well considering his situation. It's whether or not he's done well enough to meet TAV's standards in skill.

Allister Rose

French Lover
And Aqua doomed herself to life in the Realm of Darkness just to save Terra's life. That also says volumes (and this is coming from a diehard SoKai fan).

I don't think anyone's trying to say that Sora hasn't done exceptionally well considering his situation. It's whether or not he's done well enough to meet TAV's standards in skill.
Aqua didn't intentionally help the antagnost as seenin the secret ending.

and the point is sora shouldn't be trained to be up to skill of TAV.

sora =/= TAV

natu133

The whole concept of comparing Sora to TAV is a completly unbalanced. To start with, TAV and Sora are in completly different situations, and even before TAV where put into there situation, they had recieved training from Master Eraqus and so on. The level of skill would already be different seeing as Sora recieved no such training. Sora has only used the Keyblade for 2 years in total, presuming that KH2 takes around a year (In C.O. Sora did not use the Keyblade, he used Cards. I'm sure Nomura can also be qouted saying that he actually looses the Keyblade in C.O. to, and that the one he uses in KH2 is actually different.) So, Sora hasn't had the time that TAV have had to actually learn the more advanced powers of the keyblade. He doesn't have the power of darkness to equal upto Terra's abilities, and he hasn't been trained in advanced magic unlike Aqua. As for Ventus, well, as far as what I know about the real technical stuff in KH, a heart doesn't carry over memories. (I know that when Ventus' heart is split from him that he looses his memory, but when Kairi's heart went into Sora's it didn't loose any memories.) So he can't utilize Ventus' memories to use the abilities ven had, little own use Ven's heart to even remember what the Keyblade is (Leon had to tell him). So basically, of course Sora is going to be inexperienced WHEN COMPARED TO TAV. but he does manage to defeat the LS, which is practically terra. So the argument is just impacted by alot of little things everywhere.

now im scared somebody is going to destroy that whole post with a few sentences >_>

Xenin

Banned

I'm confused by that..I thought all the Blank Point movie showed us as far as Aqua goes is Aqua had been walking for over at least 12 years and happend upon Ansem the Wise after KH2 and found out about the data inside Sora and all about Sora... Once again I think that's all it showed as far as Aqua goes.
Aqua did jump in to save Terra....Being stuck in there....That wasn't intentional....

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
can someone define this experience for me liek is it just traingin under a master or traveling the worlds and learning new things?

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
The whole concept of comparing Sora to TAV is a completly unbalanced. To start with, TAV and Sora are in completly different situations, and even before TAV where put into there situation, they had recieved training from Master Eraqus and so on. The level of skill would already be different seeing as Sora recieved no such training. Sora has only used the Keyblade for 2 years in total, presuming that KH2 takes around a year (In C.O. Sora did not use the Keyblade, he used Cards. I'm sure Nomura can also be qouted saying that he actually looses the Keyblade in C.O. to, and that the one he uses in KH2 is actually different.) So, Sora hasn't had the time that TAV have had to actually learn the more advanced powers of the keyblade. He doesn't have the power of darkness to equal upto Terra's abilities, and he hasn't been trained in advanced magic unlike Aqua. As for Ventus, well, as far as what I know about the real technical stuff in KH, a heart doesn't carry over memories. (I know that when Ventus' heart is split from him that he looses his memory, but when Kairi's heart went into Sora's it didn't loose any memories.) So he can't utilize Ventus' memories to use the abilities ven had, little own use Ven's heart to even remember what the Keyblade is (Leon had to tell him). So basically, of course Sora is going to be inexperienced WHEN COMPARED TO TAV. but he does manage to defeat the LS, which is practically terra. So the argument is just impacted by alot of little things everywhere.

now im scared somebody is going to destroy that whole post with a few sentences >_>

For one he doesn't defeat LS, since LS is an intangible object that has neither stamina or the abilitity to feel pain. So he can't be "defeated" by Sora. In reality what happens is that he just stops.

Sora is nowhere near TAV's level. Because he hasn't had the proper training of a keyblade master, hence why in Jiminy's journal it says "His mastery of the keyblade far exceeds Sora's" and this IS in the game, choose to ignore it or not. I don't see how you guys are still arguing whether or not Sora is on their skill level when he obviously isn't. Now, here is how I see it. If Sora is supposed to save TAV then yeah that is his role. But what use is he when he is still weak compared to TAV? If he wants to be any help he should at least receive some kind of training, along with Riku.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
LOL....good point....keyblade wielder doesn't always mean Good driver :)

1.Yes, I agree he was with his friends....but I feel there is a power difference between unversed and pure darkness and nobodies. Major enemies TAV went one on one against weren't as powerful as Sora's enemies accept Van and MX, which by the Terra lost, and Ven and Aqua had to double team Van.

2. In the Kh universe, the more powerful the heart, the more powerful the person. I don't think his drive forms are LITERALLY him sucking up their power, my opinion is that its his BOND with them in his heart thats makes sora transform, kinda like a going ssj kinda thing. And his forms DO appear in cutscenes which makes me believe sora didn't literally fuse with donald and goofy. The game can't have us Final Form and having teammates. Thats too much pwnage.

3. New day and Age. He's learned shortcuts around them, and quite honestly doesn't need to transform his keyblade. And sora has locked PLENTY of places....thats all Aqua really did...just to an extreme extent of some keyblade weilders back in wanting to completely alter the place instead of just locking it. And sora teleporting is pretty impressive to me, plus him learning ragnarok and other abilities as well

Of course Keyblade Wielders arent good drivers. Haley Joel Osment had a car crash. i think that he got drunk and thought the mail-box was a Heartless.

tenchi ryu

For one he doesn't defeat LS, since LS is an intangible object that has neither stamina or the abilitity to feel pain. So he can't be "defeated" by Sora. In reality what happens is that he just stops.

Sora is nowhere near TAV's level. Because he hasn't had the proper training of a keyblade master, hence why in Jiminy's journal it says "His mastery of the keyblade far exceeds Sora's" and this IS in the game, choose to ignore it or not. .
It's not that I'm choosing to ignore this, I know LS is currently better than sora. The point I'm trying to make is LS is NOT terra. In fact, LS BEAT terra AND Xehanort together. At this point, we still don't know what LS is. But its apparent its not Terra, and this entity is indeed stronger than terra, which makes sense, so you can't use LS to say TAV>Sora

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Yeah you can.

LS is basically what Terra was before he was taken over, hence why it uses Terras abiltities. So it basically is Terra, just not the current Terra. LS is Terra mentally but not physically.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

and the point is sora shouldn't be trained to be up to skill of TAV.

sora =/= TAV

The secret movie didn't show anything like that. o.o
And yes, she DID intentionally help Terranort, as shown in Final Episode when she purposely gives her armor and Keyblade to him in order to keep him safe.

That's not the point of the discussion at hand, though. The point is who's stronger; Sora or TAV? Whether Sora should or shouldn't train up to their level is neither here nor there.
Actually, the original point was who had the most experience, Sora or TAV, but it seems to have turned into a "who is stronger" discussion.

Yeah you can.

LS is basically what Terra was before he was taken over, hence why it uses Terras abiltities. So it basically is Terra, just not the current Terra. LS is Terra mentally but not physically.

Which is also why LS tells Sora, "You're not the one I chose", since it was Terra that didn't choose Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back