• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► Les Miserables

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
Just wanted to make a thread on what is now my favorite book ever.

Les Miserables is the story of four people. Bishop Myriel, Jean Valjean, Famine, and Marius Pontmercy, who meet, part, then meet again during the most agitated decades of nineteenth-century France. It also tells the story of the 1832 revolution and describes the unpleasant side of Paris. The novel is in essence a plea for humane treatment of the poor and for equality among all citizens

And apparently, the fanbase is decent as well. Many movies, musicals, and even an anime. I'm currently writing a mini-script for a school version. I srsly fucking love this book. Especially Marius and Cosette. <3

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Oh shit, I was just talking to my friend about this earlier. He is letting me borrow the book from him when he finishes, likely over the weekend. Also I'm possibly going to do the play version for this at my friend's school.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
For those who have read the book (I have not), I would be curious how it compares to the play/musical, which is what I have seen and rather enjoyed.

Last edited:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I read portions of the book though admittedly never got through the whole thing. Like Hidden I have seen variations of the musical/play along with a few different screen plays which I enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back