• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Leonard Nimoy, voice of Master Xehanort, dies at 83

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek's very own Spock and well known to Kingdom Hearts fans as Master Xehanort, has passed away at the age of 83 this Friday morning from end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Nimoy was born in Boston on March 26, 1931, and was the second son of Max and Dora Nimoy, Ukrainian immigrants and Orthodox Jews. At a young age he had been performing in local productions and had always been fascinated by the world of acting and movies. In 1951, he got his first break into the film industry with two small roles in Queen for a Day and Rhubarb, but it wasn't until 1966 that Nimoy was cast as Spock in Star Trek: The Original Series, a role that became the defining feature his entire career.

Beyond his acting talent, Nimoy dabbled wth the music industry during the 60s and 70s, wrote multiple books, directed films like Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home and Three Men and a Baby and spent his later years working on his photography and other acting projects. 

Live Long And Prosper, Leonard Nimoy. 

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
We’ve been mentioning it in the other Nimoy thread. :(

Really really sucks

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Just real sucky news. The guy was just terrific. Not a Trekkie but as a huge fan of Transformers and Kingdom Hearts, his work in both series was fantastic.

R.I.P Spock, Sentinel Prime, Master Xehanort and Leonard Nimoy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't really have words. I don't think it is any surprise to anybody that Leonard Nimoy was my favorite actor. He inspired me as a person. I feel like I've lost somebody truly important in my life.

Sdog

Awards
Such a sad loss. I was never a trekkie or watched much of the older episodes, but seeing him in the newer movies (I know shun me) definitely showed me the power and presence of his legacy. It sucks that we now lost both our MX's.

May he RIP and LLAP.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I knew he got hospitalized a week or so back and, for some reason, already had a bad feeling about it... Damn it, this is sad.

RIP, you icon.

Xagzan

Awards
I wasn't a Trekkie either, but still. Damn. So sad. I hear that rendition of Amazing Grace from Spock's funeral scene playing in my head T_T

RIP/LLAP Mr. Nimoy

I do wonder what, if anything, this will mean for Master Xehanort. When Heihachi Mishima's voice actor Daisuke Gori died, the creator not only recast the part, he also aged the character down in Tekken Tag 2, out of respect for Gori.

So I wonder if Nomura will do anything here, now that both actors are gone.

reimeille

My heart is split to pieces... I was really hoping for him to make it, too, ever since we heard about his hospitalization just a few days ago... I loved him as Spock in the original series of Star Trek (I love 2009's Spock too but get real man Nimoy was killin' it) and also as our special evil ol' pop-pop Xehanort. I'd always hoped to meet him since I got into Star Trek, but it seems that it won't be happening any time soon...

I feel better at least, knowing that he's not in any pain anymore. I understand that he's had health problems for a while now.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm stunned. In all honesty, even after hearing he was rushed to the hospital a few days ago, I didn't think too much about it because he was always able to pull through. It's heartbreaking. He was so strong and full of life.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I really thought he would pull through...

Sorakh212

Awards
This hit too hard seeing as how I'm both a KH fan and a Trekkie. It's so weird too seeing as how Chikao Ohtsuka just died last month as well. It's weird to think that back in January I thought how much it would suck to lose Nimoy seeing as how Japanese players lost Ohtsuka. He spoke on Twitter a while back about how people shouldn't smoke so I suppose there is a silver lining to be seen for those that look. Live long and prosper and rest in peace you two :'(

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This hit too hard seeing as how I'm both a KH fan and a Trekkie. It's so weird too seeing as how Chikao Ohtsuka just dies last month as well. Live long and prosper and rest in peace you two :'(

Never in my life would I have ever thought we would lose both within such a short period of time ;~;

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
After reading the title, I as shocked and felt so empty - I realized Master Xehanort simply won't be the same, never ever, and his voice was so, so perfect, so unique, so dark and interesting to listen to... RIP, as a KH fan I'm happy that I heard his amazing performance and know of his talent..

LedxirnSimon

I wonder if both Chikao Ohtsuka and Leonard Nimoy will be credited under "In loving memory of" in KH3's credits?

like they did for Wayne Allwine in KH358/2 days's credits?

BTW,

Rest in peace, Leonard Nimoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back