• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events to be resurrected as a Netflix Original Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Daniel Hander (Lemony Snicket himself) made the announcement on Twitter.
‘A Series Of Unfortunate Events’ TV Show: Netflix Adapting Lemony Snicket Books | Deadline

On the heels of picking up AwesomenessTV’s live-action comedy Richie Rich, the streaming company has acquired rights to the best-selling series of books A Series Of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, with plans to adapt them as a live-action series. Search is underway for a director to help re-create Snicket’s visual world on TV. Netflix is producing the project, which is being fast-tracked, with Paramount Television. Paramount was behind the 2004 movie starring Jim Carrey, which grossed $209 million worldwide.

I can't begin to contain my excitement.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Very excited! Really disappointed they didn't make a sequel after the 2004 movie. Hopefully this ends up being successful, should be interesting to see it being a series as opposed to films.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'M SO HAPPY! This is the only series for which I bought EVERY single book!

Oh, me! Oh, moy! Oh, fa la loy! Everyone sing my song of joy!

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I was a pretty large fan of this series when I was younger. I'm curious if they'll have Jim Carrey return to play Olaf or just re-cast everybody.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
WHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHAT!?

This...

IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

I always loved the novels when I was younger and still enjoy them to this day! To hear that this series is getting resurrected...just OH MAN!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
What a coincidence, a couple of my friends and I were talking about this book series just the other day. We talked about how great we thought it was as kids, but how neither of us finished the series (I think I left off on the book where they were going to live in the floating house/hot air balloon esque thing)... Yeah... Anyway, we also talked about how good the movie was, and we weren't sure why there was never another one.

This could potentially be awesome, and I think it's great news not only for fans of the books, but as a way to introduce a new generation to the series.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
You know, I wonder if Paramount (the same distributor of the movie) is only doing this because they might have lost the rights to the IP if they didn't. Not that I'm complaining, though, it's fantastic news. I just wonder how they're going to adapt all the books. It makes me wonder if we might only get one season of 13 episodes based on each book, and honestly, I think that'll suffice because the books aren't that long anyway. Hope we get news about this soon.

Anyone else reading his All The Wrong Questions series? The newest book released finally confirms what VFD stands for: Volunteer Fire Department.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The books gave it different meanings. At first it was unknown to whether the letters stood for an organization or devices, but it turned out to be both. But yes the organization's name is exactly that.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Didn't the books say what it stood for multiple times?

Yeah. I only say confirmed because it's only implied in the original series. The character (Lemony Snicket) not only confirms what VFD stands for but what they do.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
The answer lies within the sugar bowl...

That hasn't been brought up at all in the prequel series, but I expect that's only because Lemony is the same age as Klaus in the new series and the conflicts within VFD hasn't arisen yet.

In fact, besides VFD and some characters, the prequel series has really nothing to do with the original series, which is a shame because some questions were left unanswered. We get hints on that Bombinating Beast but the thing itself never appears.

But there are characters like a handful of the Baudelair's guardians who make excellent cameos. Even Count Olaf gets a slight (and I mean slight) reference.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
That hasn't been brought up at all in the prequel series, but I expect that's only because Lemony is the same age as Klaus in the new series and the conflicts within VFD hasn't arisen yet.

In fact, besides VFD and some characters, the prequel series has really nothing to do with the original series, which is a shame because some questions were left unanswered. We get hints on that Bombinating Beast but the thing itself never appears.

But there are characters like a handful of the Baudelair's guardians who make excellent cameos. Even Count Olaf gets a slight (and I mean slight) reference.

I don't mind that the prequel series is different from the original series since it's very clear that the author is doing his own thing for this one. I haven't read them yet, but I know enough to know that there is only a smattering of references to the Series of Unfortunate Events. Even the inspirations are completely different with this series going the route of Noir instead of the Gothic sort of route they went with A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back