• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - Coming to Netflix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Apologies for the double post but a new trailer is out:

[video=youtube;Tup-5yOcJuM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tup-5yOcJuM[/video]

I love all of the hidden messages and the feeling of conspiracy that is going on.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
That is simply perfect. <3 I'm so happy I have Netflix for this. And they couldn't of picked someone better than Neil Harris to play the part. <3 I cannot wait to watch this in January. Thanks for posting the new trailer, hemmoheikkinen. :D

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
That is simply perfect. <3 I'm so happy I have Netflix for this. And they couldn't of picked someone better than Neil Harris to play the part. <3 I cannot wait to watch this in January. Thanks for posting the new trailer, hemmoheikkinen. :D

No problem. :D

Speaking about the humor, I wonder if they will integrate that one scene from the second book(I think it was on the second one) where there was almost and whole page just telling not to push you fingers into a power socket.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
This is now a show?
I remember reading the books and watching the movie, but now a show?
Hmm, I'll think about watching it maybe.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I never actually finished reading the books. Or more appropriately, I never read all the books. I remember being given the first 3, one was about an academy, and then I was given one about a circus or something? And then I was given the final book. So I feel oh so out of the loop.
Still, it'll be nice to be able to watch this and finally get to appreciate the story.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Some updates, but this is coming out so soon! January 13th!

For anyone wondering, it's an 8 episode season covering the first four books. I believe it's got a three season run, 4-5 books a season with the episode amounts fluctuating.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
^ Good to know. I haven`t read past the third book(shame on me...) so it is nice to see some new stuff. Man, it`s so close now.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Some updates, but this is coming out so soon! January 13th!

For anyone wondering, it's an 8 episode season covering the first four books. I believe it's got a three season run, 4-5 books a season with the episode amounts fluctuating.

Whoa, what? That's really freaking soon. Well that's exciting, we'll get to check this out sooner than I thought.

Chuuya

Awards
Friday the 13th huh? Welp, I'm staying indoors and have everything locked by then when I'll start watching it. Ha ha ha, haaa....

Chuuya

Awards
Unfortunately I learned I have a pep band game on Friday this week so I won't be able to start the show off immediately. :(

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I definitely need to watch this when it premieres on the 13th. This is my favorite book series.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm definitely going to have to take a break from watching The Office to catch this on Friday.

I'm not. And I'm on my fourth viewing. ASoUE can wait for me haha.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Anybody had a watch of this yet? I've not quite bothered yet, but was wondering how people felt.
Is it something that's good TV show wise, or is it basically just something that fans of the series would appreciate.

While I did like the books, I never actually read them all.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
^ I haven`t been able to watch it since I am gonna watch it together with my sis and have to wait that she gets back to our apartment tomorrow, so I can`t really comment on it. They released the main theme/opening song and in my opinion they really nailed. It is something I would expect to see from this series: a bit wonky and full of conspiracy

[video=youtube;0GeCPanRHU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GeCPanRHU0[/video]

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I watched the first two episodes last night. I really enjoyed it. Patrick Warburton is really great in it. As is Neil Patrick Harris. I'm glad they do a 2 episode format for the books. It feels just long enough, and the pacing is a lot better than in the movie.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Watched the first two episodes too with my sister and they where pretty amazing! All of the actors do an amazing job, the surroundings are really spot on, the music fits really well and overall I loved pretty much everything. We were also discussing with sis that it`s nice that Olaf`s lackey are not only that, but they have these little silly moments too. Can`t wait to see the rest of the episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back