• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - Coming to Netflix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
[video=youtube;mHFsex5GBoU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHFsex5GBoU[/video]
While the trailer is "allegedly" fake - alebit well done - it achieved it's goal of putting the series back into the limelight right before Comic Con being covered by everyone from CNET to Huffington Post.

Deadline Article
“On the search for fantastic material that appeals to both parents and kids, the first stop for generations of readers is A Series Of Unfortunate Events,” said Cindy Holland, VP Original Content at Netflix. “The world created by Lemony Snicket is unique, darkly funny and relatable. We can’t wait to bring it to life for Netflix members.”

Narrated by Snicket, A Series Of Unfortunate Events recounts the tale of the orphaned children Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire at the hands of the villainous Count Olaf, as they face trials and tribulations, misfortunes and an evil uncle in search of their fortune, all in their quest to uncover the secret of their parents’ deaths. The 13 books in the series have sold more than 65 million copies and have been translated into 43 languages.

“I can’t believe it,” Snicket said, from an undisclosed location. “After years of providing top-quality entertainment on demand, Netflix is risking its reputation and its success by associating itself with my dismaying and upsetting books.” Netflix went on to say, “Mr. Snicket’s participation will be limited, given his emotional distress, but the project has the full involvement of his legal, literary and social representative Daniel Handler, who is often mistaken for him.”

Lemony Snicket, of course is the pen name used by novelist Handler in several children’s books. Snicket’s new book is Shouldn’t You Be In School?, the third volume of the autobiographical “All The Wrong Questions.” Handler’s next novel for adults is We Are Pirates. He will host the National Book Awards this month in New York.

Netflix’s family-oriented originals include a slew of animated series, mostly from DreamWorks Animation — including Turbo Fast and the upcoming The Adventures of Puss In Boots — as well as Ever After High.

Handler is repped by ICM Partners and Charlotte Sheedy. ICM Partners brokered the deal for rights.

tumblr_nq4667MJHo1rhnwpno1_540.jpg

Fan Made Image

Any ideas on what you think the cast should be or maybe the theme.
Casting Ideas

While I loved the books and am excited for the series, I think what makes me the happiest is that this shows me the most is that no matter how badly a movie can ruin a series, there is still a chance for redemption. He's hope for the Percy Jackson Universe, the Alex Rider Series, and the I am Number 4 Series.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I kinda liked the film with Carrey. But I read awhile ago they were rebooting the series with stop motion, way before this Netflix deal so who knows if that's the case still. But with the shear amount of books, there's no way they could get through 13 movies with all the same people so glad Netflix stepped in.

Hopefully they change the crsppy ending in the final book, still pisses me off by how bad it is

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Never finished the series itself, but it looks like it's the right time to get around to rereading them and finishing them before this comes out. I adore Snicket's writing style. However, I hope each season does more than one book. I can't really see 12 episodes being spent on one book... or 6... Honestly, I think three episodes per book should be the maximum. The books were hella fast and short, from what I remember.

Awards
Never finished the series itself, but it looks like it's the right time to get around to rereading them and finishing them before this comes out. I adore Snicket's writing style. However, I hope each season does more than one book. I can't really see 12 episodes being spent on one book... or 6... Honestly, I think three episodes per book should be the maximum. The books were hella fast and short, from what I remember.

Book 11, The Grim Grotto brought me to tears. I could see 3 episodes per book and 3 seasons working nicely. I mean the first film was 3 books in 90 minutes.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Book 11, The Grim Grotto brought me to tears. I could see 3 episodes per book and 3 seasons working nicely. I mean the first film was 3 books in 90 minutes.

That's because it takes about 45 minutes to read the first few entries. I think three episodes a book is a bit much.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
slightly off subject, but what exactly is lemony snicket?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
[video=youtube;6hlNVt-STn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hlNVt-STn4[/video]

Teaser trailer, a few weeks old but still pretty interesting.

A few weeks back Me and my sister were discussing about the movie and the 3 first books. What was interesting is that in the movie while Olaf was still pretty evil person, there was a feel of comedy and humor in him. He felt a bit like a clown at times. We then started to remember how Olaf was portrayed in the books, and there was nothing funny or clownish about him. He really just was a freaking terrifying and evil person, and the only emotion I felt was fear when he appeared in the books. I wonder how they are gonna present him here?

I still need to read the rest of the books one day. Would be fun to try reading them before the tv-series comes.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Welp, time to go on a media blackout from this one till it releases. (And time for me to read the damn books start to finish, finally).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
[video=youtube;IMlkSMbYiAw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMlkSMbYiAw[/video]

Well, this pretty much answers my questions about how they will portray Olaf in the new series. Man me and my sister are so pumped for this. Can`t wait!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I am really excited for this, the books were phenomenal. Buuutt, the ending was such a letdown.... Like a HUGE letdown. I guess we'll see how they handle that.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Can't wait for this to come out on Netflix too. I really liked the movie that came out years ago despite those who don't. But seeing Neil Harris in this totally makes me excited. :3 I haven't read through the books but, I got some time before the show comes out on Netflix.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Can't wait for this to come out on Netflix too. I really liked the movie that came out years ago despite those who don't. But seeing Neil Harris in this totally makes me excited. :3 I haven't read through the books but, I got some time before the show comes out on Netflix.

I actually didn't think the movie was too bad myself. I thought the acting was pretty solid, and they hit all of the major plot points, it was just pretty rushed. Even having two to two and a half hours probably would have sufficed to make that movie stronger.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I really wanted to try go trough of rest of the books before this comes to Netflix too, but now that only a few month remain and seeing all the others things that are gonna keep me busy(FFXV) I am probably not able to do it. But I guess that means that there will be more surprises in store since I`ll start to watch this partially blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back