• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

(LEGO® Batman 2: DC Super Heroes)

The Highly-Anticipated Sequel to the Best-Selling LEGO® Videogame of All Time Returns with Help from Super Heroes including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern

Burbank, Calif. – Jan. 5, 2012 – Batman is back to save Gotham City and the action will only build from here! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group are teaming up once again to announce that LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes will be available beginning Summer 2012 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii™ system, and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ hand-held system, Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system, and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. The game is the sequel to the best-selling LEGO® Batman™: The Videogame, which to date has sold more than 11 million units worldwide.

LEGO Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes complements the brand new, recently released LEGO® Super Heroes: DC Universe toy collection. The line includes five construction sets, such as The Batcave and three buildable, detailed action figures.

In LEGO Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes, the Dynamic Duo of Batman and Robin join other famous super heroes from the DC Universe including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to save Gotham City from destruction at the hands of the notorious villains Lex Luthor and the Joker. Batman fans of all ages will enjoy a new and original story filled with classic LEGO videogame action and humor as players fight to put the villains back behind bars.

“LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes builds upon the action and cooperative gameplay experience established in our best-selling LEGO video game to date, LEGO Batman: The Videogame,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “We’re offering fans a rich and expansive Gotham City environment filled with cool characters, great customization options and plenty of surprises that families, young gamers and DC Universe fans can enjoy together.”

“LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes further extends and combines both the Batman and LEGO videogame experiences to create very fun gameplay,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Development and Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Fans of all ages are going to enjoy the action and light hearted humor that TT Games and LEGO provide.”

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes allows players to explore all new areas of Gotham City utilizing a variety of vehicles including the Batmobile and Batwing. In addition, they’ll be able to fight for justice by mastering new gadgets and suits, such as Batman’s Power Suit and Robins’ Hazard Cannon, and using all-new abilities including flight, super-breath and heat vision.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroesis being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. For more information, please visit www.videogames.LEGO.com.

LEGO Justice League here we come!!

Playable Heroes | Playable Villains | DLC Heroes | DLC Villains
Batman|Joker|Nightwing|Captain Cold
Superman|Lex Luthor|Shazam|Bizarro
Wonder Woman|Harley Quinn|Katana|Black Adam
Green Lantern|Poison Ivy|Zatanna|Black Manta
Flash|Bane|Damien Wayne|Gorilla Grodd
Robin|Mr Freeze| |
Batgirl|Two-Face| |
Aquaman|Killer Croc| |
Black Canary|Catwoman| |
Martian Manhunter|Riddler| |
Cyborg|Penguin| |
Hawkman|Scarecrow| |
Hawkgirl|Mad Hatter| |
Supergirl|Sinestro| |
Huntress|Killer Moth| |
Alfred|Brainiac| |
Clark Kent|Clayface| |
Commissioner Gordon|Hush| |
Bruce Wayne|Man-Bat| |
Tim Drake|Ra's al Ghul| |
Lois Lane|General Zod| |
Vicki Vale| | |

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
It sounds like they're saying it'll be open-world, which would be awesome indeed. Can't wait to hear more about this.

Also, it'll be on the Wii, which means I'd better be prepared for some fun multiplayer session.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I am so fucking happy right now, words can't express my feelings.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Hahaha, nice. I'll probably check it out when it releases.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
So yeah, I TOTALLY dismissed this game since it seemed like just another Lego game but I think I was wrong.

More importantly this:

It seems really cinematic.

I mean hell, it's no Arkham City but hey this game allows you to fully explore Gotham City. Plus, it looks like you can play as Cyborg, Superman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman which is pretty kickass. I may actually get the game.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Obviously I'm most excited about getting to play as Superman an the rest of the Justice League.

But yeah, this looks great. The first LEGO Batman was very fun. This looks to surpass that.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
I had bought the First Lego Batman at work after reading all the great reviews it had. I loved it. Shortly after beating the game Lego Batman 2 was announced. At first I wasnt to thrilled to see that they incorporated VA this time round but after watching that intro video it has changed my mind. I felt that no VA in game one it left things to be imagined where you can make the dialogue up in your mind. Here it seems required as they seem to be telling a greater and larger scale story.

This is like my most anticipated game of the year.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I played the original and loved it, this is a definite buy, especially if you can make little custom characters like in the original. I want Batman: Arkham City costumes.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I wasn't sure that I'd be getting this game. I liked the forst Lego Batman and a couple weeks ago I broke down and pre-ordered it. Don't regret that one bit, especially after seeing those trailers. The voice acting alone puts it above all the previous lego games I've played (plus playing as the JL).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
At first I wasnt to thrilled to see that they incorporated VA this time round but after watching that intro video it has changed my mind. I felt that no VA in game one it left things to be imagined where you can make the dialogue up in your mind. Here it seems required as they seem to be telling a greater and larger scale story.
No VA works in the movie adaptations works because the players are already familiar with the story. LB having an original plot kinda works against that idea. Though the Riddler chapter was still surprisingly coherent.

I played the original and loved it, this is a definite buy, especially if you can make little custom characters like in the original. I want Batman: Arkham City costumes.
I hope for selectable special abilities this time. In the console versions of LB your created character could only have a gun or batarang/grapple, none of the other character or tech suit abilities were available. In the DS version you could select an in-game character a template, you could still literally everything appearance wise but the created character would inherit the template's skills.

Now that there's even more super powers involved there needs to be a more flexible method of choosing them.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I've updated the OP with a table of playable characters. Help me out here, guys. If I've missed any, let me know. If you see some new characters appearing, let me know. Let's try to get a comprehensive list of playable characters so we know how awesome this game will be. Rumour is there'll be 70 playable characters.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Damian fucking Wayne is going to be in this game? That's it. *head explodes*. I'm done.

Seriously, the "Hero" preorder bonus is just fucking fantastic. Nightwing, Zatanna, Shazam, Katanna and motherfucking Damian Wayne? Looks like I'm gonna pre order from Amazon. Gonna have to get another $50 Amazon gc from Swagbucks asap then.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
70 characters rumored? That'd be so kupoing awsome! But I get the feeling that number would be cut down for the 3DS version I pre-ordered.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I preordered. I would have liked if Amazon just gave us $5 credit to spend on anything instead of forcing us to buy the other LEGO games.

Really wishing it was shipping at a later date. I might have to wait even longer to get my headphones now *sigh*.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I found these earlier this morning but I didn't want to double post. But kupo it, if others need convincing that this is a worthwhile game then this should help.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
oh my god. that Superman theme when you fly!! why would you even want to play as Batman when you could fly through Gotham as GL or Supes.

and Flash's superspeed looks fantastic.

how come they can get everyone right in a LEGO game but they can't get it in a proper game. this is exactly what I want from a normal Justice League game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
oh my god. that Superman theme when you fly!! why would you even want to play as Batman when you could fly through Gotham as GL or Supes.

and Flash's superspeed looks fantastic.

how come they can get everyone right in a LEGO game but they can't get it in a proper game. this is exactly what I want from a normal Justice League game.

Rocksteady: "We are today confirming the existence of 'Superman: Metropolis City'."

Is this what you are waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back