• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Legend of the Seven Stars

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailikku1

Awards
In an odd twist, not only am I working on 3 fanfictions at a time (with this one being the third), but this one is a novelization of the cult classic SNES game, Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. In order to keep with mnore recent ideas and concepts, certain things will be updated (and some will be using the correct names rather than the Ted Woolsey translation) notably giving bigger roles to Luigi (who narrated the manual) and Toad.
One day, while visiting Mario, Princess Peach was picking flowers in the garden. They were a special breed that she had cultivated for Mario and Luigi. "He loves me... He loves me... a lot!"

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the sky darkened and a familiar and sinister laugh rang out. Before she could react to what was going on, Bowser appeared and grabbed the Princess again! (Like you'd expect anyone else to?) "HELP!" Mario, who was inside the house, rushed out. Upon hearing her scream for help, Mario sped off alone toward Bowser's Castle. Rather than the usual 8 worlds just to get to Bowser's Castle, he pulled out two Warp Whistles and arrived at the gates, just in time to see the Koopa King disappear into the castle via Klown Kopter carrying the wriggling Princess.

The red plumber rushed in facing ambush after ambush of Koopatrols that were set up by the Koopalings. Mario finally reached the Koopa King's chamber and found him on one of his weaponized chandeliers. The Koopa King laughed his creepy Bowser laugh and shouted from on high. "Mario! Prepare yourself for the great beyond!" Mario jumped onto the chandlier next to Bowser's and began battle with his eternal nemesis. "Be careful, Mario!" It seemed as though all of Mario's attacks did nothing to Bowser. "Mario! The chain! Aim for the chain!" "Which chain?" Then it clicked: Peach was refering to the Kinklink that was keeping Bowser's chandelier up. He hit the orb-shaped dog with a fireball, bringing pain to it. The Kinklink released its grip and Bowser plummeted to the ground. But he had a nasty tirck up his sleave. He launched a fireball at the Hanging-Shy that was keeping Mario's chandelier up and both were starting to plummet. After Mario trounced Bowser for the millionth time, everyone felt Bowser's Castle beginning to shake! From the heavesns, a massive sword planted itself into Bowser's Castle, launching everyone inside in three separate directions. Bowser, his eight kids, and a small platoon of troops ended up in Rose Town. Peach landed somewhere near the resort of Marrymore.

Mario somehow ended up back home falling through the pipe that served as a chimney. He ended up stuck on one of the hangers that were installed in the house. Luigi came in with Toad. "Hey Bro! Lots-a people use something called a 'door-a' to go in and outta their-a houses..." "Oh haha, a-very funny Luigi..." Toad cleared his throat. "Anyway, I came by to pick up Peach, since she's a bit late for her luncheon with Peasley and Daisy." Luigi unhooked his brother. "About that..." Toad noticed the issue. "Hey I thought the princess was here with you, Mario! So where is she?" "I was about to get to that-a." "It's Bowser again, isn't it? Oh no, here we go again! Mario, would you please bring her back, like you always do?" Mario nodded, but just before he could set foot outside, Luigi spoke up. "Hey! Take me along too!" Mario couldn't refuse, afterall it was his brother and both Mama and Papa made it their final wishes to the brothers on their deathbed (back in Brooklyn) that the two would take care of eachother.

Back to the gates of Bowser's Castle and there was the giant sword that just appeared. They only made a few steps across the bridge when an alarm went off. The Sword looked down at the brothers. "Halt! Who goes there?" The sword spoke! "Trespassers!" Both brothers looked up and shouted. "What are you doing in Bowser's Castle!?" "This castle now belongs to us, the 'Smithy Gang'. It's our first step towards taking over this world! And if it weren't for nosey characters like you... We'd practically own this world! So let's see you deal with this!" A flash of lightning appeared and burned down the bridge. "Mama-mia!"

Super Mario RPG
-Legend of the Seven Stars-

a fanfiction

Starring

Mario
Luigi
Toad
Peach
Yoshi
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Mallow
Geno
Mack
Croco
Booster
Bowyer
Yaridovich
Valentina
Birdo
Dodo
Wario
Waluigi
Rosalina
Axem Rangers
Culex
Smithy
and the leader of the Smithy Gang

Last edited:

Tailikku1

Awards
Chapter 1: The Mushroom Kingdom

Poor Mario and Luigi just stood from Vista Hill seeing the damage that was caused by the sword. How were they going to save Peach now? And just where was Bowser anyway? They headed back home to find Toad harassed by a couple of Goombas. They fell to the soles of their boots. The other Goombas ran off, leaving Toad to taunt them. "Yeah, you better watch out! They know about Timed Hits. They're gonna punch your lights out!" Luigi coughed letting know. "The bridge to Bowser's Keep is out now? Just wonderful... We must inform Toadsworth at once! Let's go, guys!" "Yeah! Let's-a go!" "L-l-l-let's-a go!"

The hike through Mushroom Way was nothing short of boring. A pair of Hammer Bros. appeared. "HEY! You lookin' at me? My hammer and I don't like you!" Both Koopas fell to the sound of brick blocks breaking. They ran off, leaving behind their hammers. Mario and Luigi promptly picked them up, figuring that they would work just like in their previous adventures.

They finally arrived in Toad Town. Things seemed pretty normal, as if no one even knew that Peach was missing yet again. Upon entering the castle, the brothers were greeted by Prince Peasley of the Beanbean Kingdom, on foreign affaris to discuss a permanent alliance between their kingdoms. "Ah, Mario and Luigi, there you are! Toadsworth has been waiting for you in the main chamber." The prince lead them down the hallway where the remaining four members of the Toad Brigade (Yvan, Wolley, Mido, and Vio), Toadette, Daisy, and Toadsworth were waiting. "Sir Toadsworth, the Marios are here." "Mario Bros! Thank goodness you're here! We heard an explosion or something at Bowser's Castle. It was so loud I almost dropped my spores!!!" "That's-a kinda why we're-a here." Mario spoke. "Uh...excuse me? W...where's the Princess? She departed for your house HOURS ago...! I fear the worst! Could Bowser somehow be behind all of this?" Mario did a special technique he learned from Doopliss during his Thousand-Year Door quest. He morphed into versions of Peach and Bowser, earning respective reactions from the Toad Brigade "By my grandfather's marmite!!! You're telling us that Bowser has abducted the Princess AGAIN? Things are ALWAYS happening to her! What an UNLUCKY child! Nevermind. It will be up to you to enter the keep and rescue Princess Peach!" Mario kept explaining with his narrative shapeshifting with Luigi playing the sword. "Blimey-crikey o'riley! The keep is unassailable?! What awful power is at work here?! Mario...her life is in your hands. Please, save our dear Princess!" "Go Mario! Go Luigi!" Daisy shouted. The six Toad Brigade members cheered, followed by Peasley throwing his hair back with a confident smile. The Brothers and Toad went into the Castle Vault and got supplies ready thanks to the guard.

Just as they set foot outside the castle that tthey saw a purple alligator in a brown hat ran by, followed by what looked like a living cloud. "Come back here!!" the could shouted. The gator managed to shake the cloud off leaving him to eat dirt. "Oh, no! That REPTILE stole my Grandpa's coin! B...boo hoo...sniffle... I can't cry. Big boys don't cry. But it's just not fair...! What am I gonna do? Waaaaaah!!!" As soon as he started crying, rain began to pour. A nearby Toad commented on this. "Geeze, I knew my fianceé was named Raini, but this is getting ridiculous." Mario walked up to the cloud boy. "Hey, it's OK, don't cry." Luigi smiled; these were the same words, Mario said to DK which netted the big ape his own Mini-Mario toy. The boy stopped crying. "I'm all right now. Sorry... There's nothing like a good cry! But, why was I crying? There was SOME reason... My Grandpa asked me to buy some things for him here. When I walked into town, that croc stopped me! Oh yeah! He took it from me! He stole my coin! I chased him, but he's way too fast..." Toad commented on this. "I could have stopped him, but I couldn't." "Why didn't you stop him?" "Because I forgot my bazooka at home! Sheesh... Give me a break, here." Daisy walked by to see what was up with that sudden burst of rain. "Oh it stopped. Hey Mario! Let's see how you're going to take care of Bowser!" Mario jumped. "Wow! He doesn't stand a chance!"

The boy was amazed. "Wow! You're THE Mario! I know all about you! You've got more JUMP in you than a box of frogs!" Luigi coughed saying that he could jump higher. "I'm Mallow from Tadpole Pond. I'm a frog, but can you believe it? I can't jump. Embarassing huh?" ^^; "How about it, guys? Will you help me catch that filthy thief?" "Okie-dokie!" With that, Mallow, the unfroggish frog joined the team. Peasley was waiting by the gates. "I just saw a purple crocodile zoom by." "Did he look something ...like...this?" Mallow showed a crayon drawing of the gator. "Why yes. He did." "He's the one who took my coin!"

"Har, har! Youse mugs'll NEVER catch me! A snail could outrun YOU morons! Later!" The gator ran off, heading in the direction of Bandit Way. They cornered him "You're a persistent bugger! But I'm a 100 miles ahead of ya!" They kept cornering him. "Enough! Ya got me fair and square. I'll give you back your coin!" He reached into his sack. "Whoa! Did ya really believe me? I was...... LYING!!!" A small fight broke out between Croco (the theif) and Mario's party. Mallow was able to show off that he had some sort of magical ability by summoning lightning bolts from above. "Gimme back my coin or I'll zap ya again!" He zapped him "Oooouch!!! I'm gonna pay ya back in spades, kid! Go on! Take back your grubby old coin! Adios amigos!" It was a green coin to be specific. Mario was only familiar to gold coins, the occasional red coins, and the rare blue coins.

When they returned back to Toad Town, things were not the way they were. "What happened?" A group of Pogo-guys bounced by on bungee-swords. They managed to beat this odd breed of Shy Guy and headed back into the castle. "Hurry! Toadsworth is still in the main chamber!" The party rushed in defeating the Pogo-Guys in their way. Toadsworth was hiding in one corner of the room. A large scarecrow riding a larger bungee-sword called for attention. "NOT SO FAST, PAL! Look at him! Can't even bounce! Hey, maybe we could bounce ON HIS HEAD!!!!" "Hey! I'm-a the one you want! I beat all of your goons!" Mario shouted. "These guys are gonna put a stop to OUR party! Are we happy about this?!" The Pogo Guys all huddled and with their boss, Mack the Knife, jumped on the party of four.

"Hey Mario, I just remembered something!" "What-a is it, Mallow?" "I have the ability to read minds! I find this guy's weakness." Mallow started to focus on Mack the Knife. Suddenly the image of Pikachu zapping a scarecrow entered his mind. "He's weak to thunder. And I heard his thoughts saying 'Boing, boing, boing.'" Luigi rushed in with a Thunderhand, which dealt a certain ammount of damage to Mack. The fight continued on as Mario and Toad focussed on dealing with the Pogo Guys while Luigi and Mallow dealt with Mack. After a short fight, Mack disintegrated. Toadsworth crawled out from the corner seeing the Pogo-Guys bounce off. "Gracious! OH! It's YOU, Mario. What a relief! Once again, Mario to the rescue! But who WERE those..." "Toadsworth!" Daisy arrived with the Prince. "Sir! Thank goodness you're all right! Mario, we owe much to you...!" "But I couldn't have done it without my brother!"

The lights dimmed as a blue star floated from the chandelier and landed in Mario's hands. "What was that?" "I'm not sure..." Toadsworth began pacing. "First the Princess and now THIS! It's just too much to bear." Mallow had an idea. "Mario! How about we ask my Grandpa for help?... He knows...EVERYTHING!" "Excuse me, but... who are YOU?" "My name is Mallow. I'm from Tadpole Pond..." "Well, any friend of Mario's is welcome here in Mushroom Kingdom. As I was saying, Mario, you are our only hope! Mario! Please! You MUST rescue the Princess, NOW!" "Mario! I'm in your debt, too. Let's head over to Grandpa's place in Tadpole Pond. He can help! But first, let's go pay with Grandpa's coin." "Okie-dokie."

"Hey, Mallow! What kept you? I was starting to worry." They stopped inside the Toad Town Shop, Rowlf was running it. "I got my coin back!" "Oh! Well DONE, lad! Okay, here's the thing I promised you..." Rowlf handed Mallow a package that smelled of dough and mealworms. "Make sure it doesn't get eaten, or... whatever! Your Grandpa needs it, okay?" "You bet!"

Could Mack, the sword-like monster who crashed into Mushroom Kingdom, have anything to do with the Star Piece that Mario found...? Our heroes move on towards the Kero Sewers...

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Oh dear. Princess Peach is captured once again. Mario and Luigi sure do have a lot of trouble on their hands. I eagerly look forward to the next chapter. Curious what Mallow will do to help the party out with their rescue attempt. Both chapters are told well and I greatly enjoy the conversation between our two heroes. I look forward to your next update.

Tailikku1

Awards
Chapter 2: Ponds to Pipes

Mario and his party jumped into the nearest warp pipe and ended up in the sewage system of the Mushroom Kingdom. It was dark and dingy, compared to most underground areas of the Mushroom Kingdom. "Are you sure this is the right place?" asked Toad. "This is the place alright. Grandpa says to watch out for 'Belome,' whoever that is!" cautioned Mallow. "It's probably a little dark down there, so keep alert!" After some swimming and some jumping on Kritters, Goombas, Boos, and Cheep-Cheeps, they were encountered by Pandorite. Say what you will about ghouls'n ghosts, but they ain't stupid. Pandorite cleverly disguised himself as a ? Block and lured the Bros, Toad, and Mallow in hook, line, and sinker. The evil block soon fell victim to one of Mallow's thunder bolts. A short while after their brief encounter with Pandorite, Mallow began to quiver in terror. A huge yellow beast with four eyes, four horns and a lolling tongue was in sight. "T...this must be... ... BELOME!"

The beast laughed. " Moh, ho, ho...! It's a snack attack! And YOU'RE it!" Belome had adapted to a life of perpetual darkness, hence the four eyes, and a slew of Black Magic. During their fight, Toad found himself feeling drowsy. Belome looked at Luigi. "Stick for a body, head full of straw, give me a scarecrow, rah, rah, RAH!" Luigi found himself as a scarecrow just as Belome had chanted. Mario and Mallow were left... wait now it's just Mario, Belome KO'd Mallow with his tongue. "Grrr...! I stands alls I stands and I can't stands no more!" shouted Mario as he unleashed a flurry of fireballs onto the monster, knocking him out. "If you defeat me, you STILL won't beat me! Beware the flood!" Belome vanished as the party returned to normal. Mallow looked at the depressed switch that Belome was standing on. " Belome must have been lying when he said water would come gushing out of here..." Just then a roaring sound filled the air. "Er, Mario...do you-a hear-a something? ...Or is it-a just-a me?" Luigi held close to his brother. WATER!! Here it comes!!! Despite their efforts, the party was dragged downstream past an onslaught of Boos, Goombas, K-9s, Spinies, and Cheep-Cheeps and ended up in the Midas River, so called for its vast source of Gold Coins. They finally made it to the banks via barrel riding. They walked for a bit to dry off and encountered a tadpole.

"Mallow, it's you! We've heard all about your adventures with the Super Mario Bros. You guys beat up Belome, right?"

"You know about that? See Mario, the waterways of the world bring news to us here. That's why Grandpa knows all the news that's fit to hear!"

All the tadpoles in the pond appeared and started clamoring to the party. A floating frog appeared, but really he was suspended in mid air via a Lakitu. "Well, grasshopper... What's new?" "Grandpa! Mario's been helping me!" "I know child. That rainstorm we just had... that was YOU wasn't it?" Mallow face palmed. "Welcome! I am Frogfucius. You have come to seek wisdom from me, have you not? I've been waiting for you, as "Old Wise People" often give good advice... But how rude of me! Let's get more comfortable. Come along and we'll talk." Frogfucius and his Lakitu floated to a small island in the middle of the pond with the tadpoles forming a bridge.

Frogfucius was now on his feet. "That Smithy character that appeared at Bowser's Keep... He is quite formidable, yes?" Mario nodded "And you wish to rescue the princess quickly, do you not?" Again a nod. "If only that was the truth! Your princess is in another castle!" "WHAT?!" "Patience grasshopper. Let me explain. You might be worried about rescuing the princess after your battle with Bowser and after you all scattered. But first you need to take care of Smithy and his sword Exor. Mack the Knife was one of Smithy's minions, wreaking havoc in our world and more will follow him." "Grandpa, I almost forgot to tell ya something! We found a star in the castle of Mushroom Kingdom. Do you know why it was there?" "A star, eh... ...most interesting. This may sound illogical, but I believe shooting stars can grant wishes... And now more than ever, I believe they will play a vital role in the fight against Smithy." Mario deduced that the star was part of the frequent shooting stars that were going on could be the key to defeat Smithy once and for all. "Wow, everything sounds so dire and serious. I guess Mack was only the first of many, Mario. Some of them'll make Bowser seem NICE." Mallow joked, but his grandpa turned to him and said "Mallow, you speak as if these things do not concern you. You will accompany Mario in his adventure, too." "But I'm just a tadpole! This adventure isn't for me!" "Mallow, my boy, I've kept this from you until now, but you're... Not a tadpole!!"

SAY WHAT???

Mallow began to cry again while Frogfucius began to think of a day long ago when Bowser was first defeated. He was sitting at the pond one rainy day, enjoying a snack of crickets... When he happened to see a basket floating down from the falls. He peeked inside, and saw a little baby staring right back at him! The name "Mallow" was written on his belt. He felt sorry for the little bundle of puff and took him in to raise as his own grandchild. He had powerful magic, and he knew he was more than a piece of fluff. He thought, "Surely, this child must be from some far off land."

"But Mallow, this is no time to cry! The rains have told me that your real parents are still alive somewhere in the world. Go with Mario on his adventure and find them." Mallow stopped crying. "First, go to Rose Town where they need your help." Mallow then remembered something before they headed out. "Oh yeah, I got what you asked for Grandpa." Mallow and Toad opened the package that Rowlf gave them: It was a Cricket Pie. "Thank you grasshopper. I will give you something for the Cricket Pie you brought back." Frogfucius turned to his tea cabinet and held before Mallow a hand-carved rod. "But that's your walking stick!" "Don't worry I have plenty more, Mallow."

BACK TO ADVENTURE!!

After a long hike through Rose Way, strange sounds began to emanate from within the bushes. There was Bowser, his Koopalings, Junior, and a small army of Goombas, Koopas, and Magikoopas. "TEN-HUT!" Bowser shouted, the troops stood in attention. "Attention shelled warriors, hooded warlocks, and treacherous chestnuts. This is our finest moment! The Koopa Troop is invincible! We shall be victorious! The bridge is down, but we'll find a way to get back in! Move out, on the double!" "YEAH!!" Bowser led his troops out with a militaristic command of "Left, left, left-right-left." The Koopalings taking the rear guard. It seemed as though Bowser was making a march back to his castle. Regardless the party entered Rose town to find people paralyzed in their place thanks to to an unseen arrow sniper.

"Yeesh. And I thought-a the mansion was-a bad," commented Luigi. The Sun was starting to set when they entered the Inn to rest up and take shelter from the arrows.
"'Mario, HELP!!' 'Mwa ha ha...hey Mario! I'll be taking care of Peach now.' 'Boing, boing... Super Jump Attack!!'"
There was a small boy playing with toys modelled after Mario, Luigi, Toad, the Princess, and Bowser (albeit different in design (read: The DiC designs)) The boy continued play with "Mario" failing his Jump attack and "Bowser" making off with the Princess. Just then the boy turned and was face to face with his idols. "Mom, look, we have a... GUEST!" The boy's mother came downstairs. "Yes Gaz, I hear you... Hello th... ere... Why... aren't you?" "It's-a me, Mario!" Gaz was skeptical "How do I know it's you? You might just be pulling my leg! Show me! PROVE IT!" Mario jumped reaffirming it. "All right!! Hey Mario, wanna play with me? I'm playing 'Save the world!'" "But Gaz...! Mario might be a bit tired." "Awwww mom!! You never play with me!... It's no fun playing alone." "Alright dear."

Mario and Luigi took positions with Gaz as Toad and Mallow watched. Mario and Luigi battled on as himself and Bowser, Mario was KO'd again. But Gaz brought out his secret weapon: a completely different doll. This one looked more like a wooden puppet with a blue cape, red hair, a blue cap with a clover on it, and brown eyes. "Hey Luigi! Remember seeing that-a doll-a at Little Fungitown?" "Don't-a bring that-a up again-a! Do you know-a how-a much-a trouble I had to go through to cure-a you?!" Luigi was of course referring to their Superstar Saga in the Beanbean Kingdom, and Mario contracted Bean Fever after eating the Invicishroom. Luigi had to go through Guffahaw Ruins to get the Crabbie Grass to cure him. "Ah that Geno doll. Gaz won it at a WIN-tendo brand UFO Catcher at Wuhuh Island." Gaz activated the Geno doll's special feature: Shooting Star Shot. The shot hit Mario, knocking him out. Everything faded to black as he was carried upstairs to bed, next to a sleeping Link

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
When you say "Link" do you mean who I think you mean? I got real excited about that. It was quite a surprise to learn Mallow wasn't really a tadpole. I'm curious what and who he truly is. Also felt bad for Mario getting knocked out by Gaz. Talk about ouch. And it's kind of amusing knowing Luigi doesn't like hotels anymore than he does mansions. Besides that, I wonder if Mario and his party will make a wish upon the star they found? Overall, it was a good chapter. Kinda wondering why Bowser is on the march. Guess I'll find out soon. :D

Tailikku1

Awards
Chapter 3: The Forest Maze and Moleville Mountain exterior

Mario woke the next morning to the smell of a breakfast that reminded him of Flatbush. Luigi was making a breakfast deep dish. Walking downstairs, he saw Gaz poking his mom. "I just saw Geno walk into the forest! Neat, huh?" "Yes, dear. That's nice, dear... And isn't Geno the one who broke my lamp the other day?" "I SWEAR, Mom, REALLY! It's true! I SAW HIM outside!" "All right, Gaz, let's hear it! What are you trying to get out of this time, hmmm?" "Mom, I didn't DO anything. I really, TRULY saw Geno walking into the forest!"

"What about this forest?" "You mean Wiggler Woods? Most people call it the Forest Maze since deep within it there is a labyrinth. If you go looking you might go insane. Exiting the forest is very simple, all you do is follow these patterns on and on again... Or you'll never find your way out... Listen to me or you'll regret it someday."

Mario and his crew found themselves in the Wiggler habitated forest, being cautious of the shrooms; some of them were actually Amanitas and Ramblin' Mushrooms. After taking the path, they soon found themselves in the Maze that Gaz was talking about.

"Maybe this-a is like-a the Lost Woods?" Luigi suggested. He took the only route he knew of the Lost Woods, NWSW. He ended up back at the crossroads where Mario, Mallow, and Toad waited. Luigi tried again and was pointed in the right direction by a Guerilla, one named DOS K. Young. After this first turn, they saw a cloaked figure walking through the woods. They followed it and saw a hoard of Aeros and their leader, a sniper named Bowyer.

"...997! 998! 999! 1000! Nya ha ha! 1000 arrows! For cover they run, nya! FUN this is, yes. Nya! Another 1000 will I shoot! Happy I am, nya! Look...LOOK at their expressions when freeze they do! Nya! More practice do I need!" "You tell'em boss!"

Mario reacted with fists flying, but Mallow and Luigi held back. "Who do you think you are, Chuck Norris? There're too many of 'em. We'll be creamed!" Toad heard some rustling. "Oh no, someone's coming! Let's hide and see if we can learn anything." They hid in one of the stumps and saw one of the Aeros bringing in a green Star Piece. "What? WHAT? Disturb me you must not! Practicing, I am. More arrows must I shoot! More statues must I make, nya!"

"Hold it right there! You don't know what you're doing. RETURN that star to me!" The cloaked figure appeared again, whipping the cloak off to reveal a 4 foot-tall version of Gaz's Geno doll. "Nya?! And who might you be?" "I serve a higher authority. That Star Piece belongs to everyone. You can't keep it." Bowyer began to fire arrows. But the mysterious stranger proved to be the better fighter. Bowyer knocked him over, but then Mario intervened, snapping Bowyer's "spine" and string in two.

Mallow was steamed. "Mario! You just... ditched us back there!" The stranger looked to Mario "So! You're THE Mario! WE know about you!" "Don't-a we know-a you?" "Why are you staring at me? You know I'm more than just a doll, don't you?" "Mhm." "Have you guessed the truth? I'm a visitor from above, and this is a form I'm borrowing briefly." Toad looked up. "You mean, like, from the sky or something?" "Higher than that, I'm afraid! Do you two know anything about 'Star Road'?" "Oh yes!" Mario mentioned to the stranger that he travelled Star Road to access Star Haven, when Bowser abducted Peach's Castle and the Star Rod. "So you should know that Star Road plays an integral role in granting wishes. But ever since a sword destroyed Star Road, everything's come to a halt. No Star Kids and Luma have been born since. The way things stand, yours is a world where wishes can't come true anymore." Mallow looked at the Star Piece. "Are you saying THIS star is a part of Star Road?" "Yes, that star is a broken piece of the Star Road. I'm here to find them all, and repair Star Road. The broken Star Pieces... There are 7 altogether. For peace to return we must get rid of Smithy, find the Star Pieces, and repair Star Road..."

"Is there something we can call you by?" "My name is '♥♪!?', but it's hard to pronounce so call me "Geno", after the doll. I chose him because he looked the strongest out of all the dolls. Now grab the star, Mario!" Mario grabbed the star and it went high into the sky. They left the forest and back to Rose Town. An Aero was left unchecked. "Ooh, I heard everything! Who would have known that star was so important? I've got to inform Smithy!"

The secret to the shooting stars has been unraveled. Find the Star Pieces, and bring peace back to Mario's world.

Back at the inn, Geno was greeted like a hero by Gaz and his mother. Geno explained to the boy what the mission was and was given a weapon, "Finger Shot." "Thanks for being such a good sport, Gaz. I'll see you when I get back."

It was a bit of a hike through the thicket that bordered Moleville. When they arrived, they saw a community of Moles digging into a mountain...

...and Bowser and his kids again. Ludwig spoke to "King Dad." "Most of our allies have run off, King Dad!" What shall we do?" Morton followed suit. "Plplplpl! We've only had experience fighting Mario. These new guys are too much!" Wendy screamed. "We’re doomed! And I don’t have a single thing to wear!" Bowser roared his classic roar. "Shut up or you're all grounded!!" "Yes, dad..." "I'm the biggest, baddest brute around, and don't you forget it. But if Mario hears that I've been kicked out of my own castle, my reputation will be ruined! Even I have an image to keep up you know! Let's show 'em who's the boss around here." Bowser and his kids left. "Mama-mia!"

Mario and Co. headed into the mountain to find a pair of moles worrying. "Oh dear! I sure hope the kids are OK..." "I know how you're feelin' but mopin' 'round here ain't gonna help a thing!" "Sorry Pa." "If only that Mario feller were here! He could reach the old mine entrance in a heart beat!" Mario, upon hearing this, leapt to the ledge that Pa'Mole was talking about. "Izzat who I think it is!?" "It's-a me, Mario!"

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Bowser has been kicked out of his own castle? That's quite shocking to say the least! Somewhat curious who could possibly have the power to do such a thing to the mighty brute Bowser! What's really fascinating is knowing the purpose of the green stars now. I guess Mario and co. have a whole lot of work ahead of them to rebuild Star Road. Still a great story so far. I look forward to more. :D

Tailikku1

Awards
Chapter 4: Mole Mountains and Booster

Both Ma and Pa were astonished. There in front of them was the hero of the Mushroom Kingdom and one of the most accomplished jumpers in the known world! "Well, I'll be a Goomba's aunt!!" Ma looked up to the red-clad plumber. "Mario, have you heard the news?" "News? What news?" "Well, Dyna took her l'il brother into the mines so they could play... And then, a HUGE star crashed into the mountain causing a cave-in! Now they're trapped inside. Mario, will you help rescue them?" "Okey-dokie!"

Mario and the crew began to search throughout the coal mines. Soon, they found a trampoline, and jumped on it. However, they just smashed their heads on the ceiling and fell back down and fainted. "Can you beleive it!? He fell for it!" It was Croco and a band of Crooks. They took their wallet! A mad Benny Hill-style chase broke out ending with Croco dropping the wallet and making an impact silhouette through a wall. "Alright! Enough already! Here's your junk. I'm outta here!" Croco and the crooks ran off. They explored deeper into the mines, following the faint wind that meant that there was a back-door exit to the mines. But then the unexpected happened...

They were jumped by a strange purple gourd with a red fuse. "It's CLOBBERING TIME!" Mallow made the first move. "Who are you?" "Good day. The name's Bomb... James Bomb!" "Never heard of ya. And if I did you'd be a lawsuit waiting to happen." "They say I'm a hot head, but I'll show them! You...YOU will make me famous! So long!" James pulled out a Big Bob-ulk and wound it up. He threw it at Luigi who knocked it back with his hammer, charring James. "Arghhh!! I must be dreaming! I'm ruined! I didn't want to do this, but now, I have NO CHOICE!!" "You're-a bluffing!" "Take your best shot, you walking Punchinello!" "Enough! I've got my pride. Now you're in for it!" James began hip-dropping hoping to cause something to appear. Something did appear and crushed him instantly, ending James' "mission" permanently. It was King Bob-Omb, who simply walked away. The King's foot steps shook loose the third Star Piece and a small mole with another in her backpack. They were Dyna and her little brother Mite. "Thank you, boys! But could y'all help me out here? I need to get this minecart going!"

All of them pushed hard and went on a roller coaster from the interior of the mines. They landed just outside of the mountain and in Ma and Pa's house. "We're home!" "Gracious! They really DID drop in on us!" "Oh, my poor babies! Are you okay? Little Mite, are you hurt?!" "Naw, we're okay Ma. Isn't that right, Mite? We had FUN!" The little mole giggled. "Dyna! Haven't I told you often enough, to never go into the mines by yourself?!" "Ma, just be happy that we have them back!"

You've found Dyna, Mite, and a Star Piece... But where is Peach?

Just as they were leaving the house, a group of Gray Snifits came rushing through. "Come back Mr. Beetle! Don't you want to come to Booster's and play?" "Yeah, don't run away! We just want to play! We'll take good care of you..." "Uh...like... what they said, okay, Mr. Beetle?" The dung beetle that they were chasing landed on Mario's hat. The Snifits rushed over. "Don't you DARE touch that beetle! It's a present for Booster." "That's right! Just hand it over, nice and easy." "Uh... Yeah...like they said... Or we won't be your friend." "Booster really, really, REALLY likes beetles! But he can't catch his own." "That's right, he's busy keeping the princess from the sky entertained." "So we're catching beetles for him. So hand it over! Uh... ......Pretty please?" The beetle took off, prompting another Snifit chase.

Luigi had an idea. "Hey, bro? You-a don't suppose-a that-a the Snifits were-a talking about-a Peach?" It made sense. Frogfucius did mention that Peach was in another "castle" so perhaps she was in Booster's abode? They hiked through Booster Trail and found themselves at a large toy-themed tower. And there was Bowser looking up at the balcony and his eight children fast asleep. "Booster has such a nice place... I miss my fortress... I miss the good old days... Peach screaming in terror, Mario rushing in to save her..." He started to weep and turned to see Mario looking at the crying Koopa. He began to wipe away the tears and put on a tough-guy act. "YOU!! What're YOU doing HERE?! If... Peach were at my castle waiting to be rescued... She'd be crying like a baby!"

From up above on the balcony, Peach looked to the horizon and saw Exor planted in Bowser's Castle. "I'll never get out..." Then she heard Bowser's roar. "Oh? Did I just hear some voices? Could... could it be Mario? ..." She looked down and saw Mario do his Melee Taunt. "Mario!! You did come to save me! Mario~!!! I'm up here!" "... That voice! It's Peach! Hang in there, princess! We're coming to get you!" Mario turned to his eternal nemesis. "We?" "Yeah... I'm a piece of work, ain't I?! All this power, AND looks too! I know, I know, You're thinking, 'A big strong guy like him would be great to have along!' right? I'm gonna do something I may regret later...! I'll let you join the "Koopa Troop". You can thank me later..."

[Mario and his friends have joined the "Koopa Troop"! (Or so they're pretending)]

After climbing the first floor of the tower, a train whistle sounded off. "What's the big rush?" A miniature train chugged by with a man who looked almost exactly like Wario in his biker gear riding it. "I'm Booster and this is my famous tower of amusement. Normally I welcome visitors to play with me and my Snifits. But, a girl fell out of the sky and into my lap, recently. Since then, I've been busy keeping her happy and entertained. I no longer have the time to play. So please enjoy yourself... at your own risk, that is!"

The party began to chase Booster and his personal railway, amazing the man-child. "Since you're here, maybe you could clear up something for me. My bride-to-be is chanting, "MARIOHELPMEMARIOHELPME". Is she showing her happiness?" ... A collective sweatdrop formed on the party and Bowser's newly acquired Chain Chomplet. "Hey, wait a second! Maybe "MARIO" is another guy! What if you're this "Mario" she keeps talking about? Trying to take my bride away? Why don't you take THIS, instead!" He launched a barrage of Bob-Ombs, but Mario kicked them back like a soccer player. "That's not fair! I'm so hurt... I only wanted to play with him. Now, ....what expression should I be wearing at a time like this?!"

Finally they made it to Booster's budoir. And there was Peach from behind the door. "Mario! You DID come to rescue me. I was so frightened and lonely. But now that you're here..." Mario tried to open the door. "The door won't open? I think we need Booster's spell to undo the lock on it. Oh, what should we do?" The other door started to rattle, Booster was beginning to close in, prompting the party to take cover. Bowser hid himself into his shell, Geno slumped over, Mallow hid in the toy chest with Toad, while the Mario Bros. hid behind a curtain.

Booster and the Snifts barged in, and began preparing for the wedding. "Let's walk through it once! It's wedding rehearsal time!" They took their positions: Booster as the groom, Snifit 1 as the director, Snifit 2 as the priest, and Snifit 3 as the bride holding a Mini-Peach toy. "Wait! Mario always shows up about now to ruin the fun. We've got to take that into consideration, you know. Someone go and get that Mini-Mario. The Snifits were about to search the curtains when Booster found the toy. "It's right up there. I found the Mini-Mario!" It was ontop of a shelf near the curtains. Mario jumped shaking it loose and making himself known. " You're so kind! Thank you for getting my toy. I was going to sic the Clown Bros. on you but, I'm too busy! Here's the password: "

ENGAGE RIDLEY
MEDUSA ANGELS

Booster ran off carrying Peach ala DK and rushed off to Marrymore Resort. "Well, we really should hurry along. A yummy cake is waiting for us after we climb this hill! Let's GO!" "NO! I don't want to marry you. Please let me go!" Mario and crew chased Booster up the hill to the wedding chapel. They arrived in time to see Raz and Raini's wedding be put on hold thanks to the Snifits. "We've barricaded the door, so don't even bother trying to sneak inside. I'm not letting you in here! And you can forget about the back entrance. It's locked... I think."

"Hehehe... Well it looks like this is one wedding we're going to have to crash, eh Mario?" A familiar voice called to them. It was Count Bleck! Or rather it was Lord Blumiere after the ordeal with the Chaos and Pure Hearts. Joining him were his compatriots, the Scottsman O'Chunks, the shapeshifting Mimi, his secretary Nastasia, and a young woman in a white dress and a rainbow ribbon in her hair. Perhaps this was Tippi's true form, Lady Anna Timpani. Bowser scowled at seeing the former omnicidal aristocrat. He had to go through Hell and back just to see to it that the worlds would not end. "What do you want?" "You must forgive my past transgressions against you. For as you recall I am a reformed man who has helped save all of creation out of true love." Luigi looked at the group. "But-a how did-a you get here from-a Flipside?" Nastasia gave the short answer: Merlon teleported them to the place where Blumiere and Timpani ended up at after the death of Dimentio. "You of all people should know that they ended up here, Mr. L" "Och aye. We aw ended up reit in a wee corner ay th' auld MK." said O'Chunks in a light Doric accent. "Now if I may be of service..." Lord Blumiere waved his staff and the barricades from the inside were gone. Even the one that the Snifits were going to set up. "Now go storm that chapel!"

Mario, his party, and Blumiere's group rushed in and slammed into Peach and Booster. "Booster, Sir! Mario's here!" "You clowns! You DON'T break a door down when entering a room!" "Mario! Is that you, Mario?! I'm in here!! Hurry! I'm scared! Now I've dropped my shoes, my ring,..my brooch and ...MY CROWN!!!" Peach began sobbing. "BOOSTER, Sir, hurry and find her things! We have to get on with the wedding!" "You find her stuff... I'll move the ceremony forward. Hurry!" The Sniffits began to spread out trying to find her belongings, but Mario had already grabbed them all. Mario tapped Booster on the shoulder. "So! You've come to crash my wedding, I presume?" Bowser cracked his knuckles. "What a waste of time! I've got bigger fish to fry...!" Peach was startled by the appearance of Bowser working with Mario. "Well, at least I am in good hands when you're around Mario!" She kissed him on the cheek. "Come, Mario, let's get back to Mushroom Kingdom. Toadsworth's waiting for us!"

Just then, two Koopas dressed like cooks burst in with a massive strawberry and raspberry cake. "Zorry to haffe kebt you vaiting" "We've made the most AMAZING cake! You won't believe it!!" "Here is the cake... put... Ach ! Vere are the pridge und groom?" "Where...is...EVERYONE? This is BIG trouble!" "Der pride is LEAFFING!?" "You're taking the bride...AWAY?!" "But... dere won't be anyone to eat dis cake!" "YOU FOOLS! Do you have any idea how long we worked on this!?" Just then the cake began to move. "Die cake's alive! RUN!!" The monstrous cake scared off the two chefs, but then it shrank into a more manageable form: Mimi. "Piece o' cake!" "But what happened to the real one?" asked Bowser "Oh don't worry, Booster's stuffing himself with the batter."

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I was greatly amused at all of the antics in this chapter. Gosh, I wouldn't expect an enemy to be named James Bomb. I kept thinking of James Bond. xD Then there was the part with the cake. Goodness gracious, who knew Booster would want to wed Princess Peach? I'm glad Mario could show up in time to save her from being married to such a fiend! And it was so funny getting to see Peach cry over her lost brooch, crown, shoes, and ring. This was an awesome chapter. Always good to have a quick team up with Bowser and his koopas too.

Tailikku1

Awards
Chapter 5: Home Again

As soon as they left the chapel, Blumiere notioned the party to follow him to the hotel's DX Suite.

"I am sure you all are wondering why I called you all here." "Well duh!" Bowser grumbled. "I had overheard from my Magiblots that an intruder from another dimension has decided to conquer all and destroy it." A shiver went up their spines. This was almost the exact thing that Merlon told them at Flipside about Count Bleck unleashing the Void. "I should know better, having gone through some of the same mistakes that this villain in the past. But it's much deeper than that..."

In the darkness that covered all of Castle Bleck in perpetual blackness, Count Bleck awaited for the arrival of the warrior that Dimentio had told him about. "And the count grew impatient with every hour". Finally the doors to the inner sanctum swung open with Dimentio leading an armor-clad warrior to the black platforms.

"Lord Bleck, Smithy has arrived."

"I wonder what you have to offer me said Count Bleck." The warrior quietly pulled his hammer out and pulled out a white hot lump of iron. After hammering it, the lump was now an entire army of sentient weapons; Mack, Bowyer, five troopers with a halberd, a spear, and a samurai. "My philosophy is that why have this new world filled with dreams when we can have a world filled with weapons?" "You mean?" The warrior nodded. Bleck was shocked. He only started his crusade against the worlds in order to recreate them, but this new warrior would prove to a liability. "Get out."

"You'll regret this..."

"... And so, you the Four Heroes, must unite once again. The fate of all dimentions depend on you." Mario looked over his companions. He realized that Blumiere was right: they were the only ones for the job. Anna stepped to Mario. "Please Mario... do it for them. Do it for Blumiere... do it for me..." The former Pixl hugged the plumber the way a sister hugs her brother. "I'm-a doing it for-a all-a you."

With that Mario, Luigi, Toad, Mallow, Geno, Bowser, and Peach headed back to Toad Town. Along the way they took a detour through the Pipe Vault just outside of Rose Town. The Pipe Vault took them to Yoshi's Island where the Yoshis were taking part in the Great Mushroom Derby. In fact, Raz and Raini were already there by the time they arrived via Warp Pipe. Yoshi wasn't doing too good against newcomer Boshi. That was until Mario decided to help train him. Together, Boshi was beaten fair and square, and Yoshi joined Mario's team of adventurers.

At last Toad Town was in view. The entire kingdom was celebrating the eventual return of their beloved princess. Toadsworth was the most relieved. "I'm fine! I can take care of myself... With a little help from Mario!" Along the way back into the audience chamber, Peach asked about the elephant in the room: How on earth can you trust... Bowser?

"Trust...Bowser? What ARE you talking about?!" Bowser coughed before getting a cup of coffee. Everyone else gasped. "Bowser... Perhaps it's time you told us your story!" Mallow spoke up "Excuse me, Sir... Perhaps I can set the stage, and the others can add their comments along the way!" Everyone followed Mallow's directions. Yoshi stood in for Exor, Bowser for his own castle, Luigi for Bowser, Peach and Mario as themselves, and Geno as Star Road. "The Princess, Bowser and Mario were thrown in different directions after a terrible explosion... Something HUGE crashed through the Star Road high above Bowser's place... and... And went... KABOOM! Right into Bowser's Caslte!! It was a gigantic sword! Now Bowser's Keep has been taken over by monsters who work for some creep named 'Smithy.'" Bowser tried to make it sound like he decided to have parent-child bonding with the Koopalings and Jr. and that Mario "begged" him to let him join the Koopa Troop. ^^; Mallow reinstated his mission to find his real home and Geno told the entire cabinet about the exact function of Star Road.

"I just don't think I could take a world without wishes... We need to go and find those Star Pieces, NOW!" "Princess! You CAN'T be serious! You're NOT thinking of joining them, ARE YOU? This is madness!"

"Madness? THIS IS-" "YOSHI!"

Peach realized that it was no use arguing her own grandfather. She decided to head back to her room and rest for a bit. The guys were at a loss: What would they do now? Mario headed home to call it a day, everyone else agreed.

[Princess Peach is home safe, but she has... decided to stay at the castle!]

That night, Peach placed in her bed a dummy of herself, grabbed Parry, and snuck out through the same passages that she once used while Bowser held her castle hostage when he got hold of the Star Rod.

She arrived at the Marios' house. She knocked on the door. "Mario! Please, Mario! Take me along with you, please! Things seem so hopeless right now..." "Alright princess..."

"So...let's go find us a star! Hmmm... But I wonder where it could be... I have absolutely no idea! Do you?" Mallow spoke up again. "Mario! At times like these we should ask Grandpa! My Grandpa should know!"

[Just as I thought! Peach joins the party once AGAIN!]

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The elephant in the room was the most amusing portion of this story. My goodness, its such a shock for anyone to trust good ol' Bowser. I like it how Princess Peach uses a dummy to be taken hostage in her place and accompanies Mario to search for the fallen star. In the meantime, I wonder how long it'll take before someone notices the dummy isn't Peach, and Smithy shows up to do terrible things after being turned down by Lord Bleck? I look forward to finding out. C:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back