• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Legend of Dragoon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Am I the only one in the world who liked Legend of Dragoon? No matter where I go, there's always people bashing it. Sure, the graphics are about the same as FFVIII, but that doesn't stop anyone. I personally think the idea is a good one.

Comments?

Infinity's End

ars gratia artis
hmmmmmmm...
the game was good, but there are many RPGs that are so much better than it

Your a dumbass. Seriously, if your going to say there are many other RPGS, name them? Or even explain why they were better.

IMO best rpg ever made. Story,battle style, addictiveness,length etc...all done perfectly.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
no problem. ahem
final fantasy 7-8-9
chrono cross
xenogears
star ocean
parasite eve (action rpg)
tales of destiny
chocobo dungeon 2

co what do u say infinity's end?

Infinity's End

ars gratia artis
no problem. ahem
final fantasy 7-8-9
chrono cross
xenogears
star ocean
parasite eve (action rpg)
tales of destiny
chocobo dungeon 2

lol

Final Fantasy 7-9 are good, but not nearly as good as legend of dragoon. First off LoD is longer them all of them, secondly there all turnbased, LoD is turnbased with a gameplay twist added into which makes it all the more fun. Chrono cross is amazing, although the turnbased does get boring overtime and whatnot, again LoD 's battle system overules the other turn based. Star ocean...lol wow, not even close to Legend Of Dragoon. Parasite eve I've sadly not played although I hear it's good, can't say anything until I play it. Almost all tale games are boring, repetitive and cliché, which LoD is none of. Chocobo Dungeon 2? LOL

Basically All the games you said, are just shorter, less in depth story and have nothing that makes the game unique. Where as LoD is way more unique and creative then any of them.

Mysterious said:
so what do u say infinity's end?

Your a dumbass. Seriously, if your going to say there are many other RPGS, name them? Or even explain why they were better.

IMO best rpg ever made. Story,battle style, addictiveness,length etc...all done perfectly.

That's what I said.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
no problem. ahem
final fantasy 7-8-9((LoD was better then FFVII-FFVIII)) I'll give you that though
chrono cross(I'll give you that))
xenogears(and that one))
star ocean(LoD>SC))
parasite eve (action rpg)((I don't count that))
tales of destiny((Sorry no))
chocobo dungeon 2((is that a joke)

You are forgetting Lunar, FFT, FFIV((you named two meh FF but didnt name the best ones)). To lazy to go on.

LoD was a great game and underrated, it may of not of been the best JRPG ever but it was good it was way better then FFVII and FFVIII.

The only problame I had with it was the damn summons, its like they didn't even try with them..

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
lol

Final Fantasy 7-9 are good, but not nearly as good as legend of dragoon. First off LoD is longer than all of them, secondly there all turnbased, LoD is turnbased with a gameplay twist added into which makes it all the more fun. Chrono cross is amazing, although the turnbased does get boring overtime and whatnot, again LoD 's battle system overules the other turn based. Star ocean...lol wow, not even close to Legend Of Dragoon. Parasite eve I've sadly not played although I hear it's good, can't say anything until I play it. Almost all tale games are boring, repetitive and cliché, which LoD is none of. Chocobo Dungeon 2? LOL

Basically All the games you said, are just shorter, less in depth story and have nothing that makes the game unique. Where as LoD is way more unique and creative then any of them.

well that's your opinion dude, but these games r the best RPGs for ME in the PS1

and what's wrong with chocobo's dungeon 2? it's really good
and the game doesn't have to be TOO LONG to be good

Z3120

Legend of Dragoon wasn't that bad, but the battle system and such was overwhelmingly easy once you got the hang of things by the end of Disc 1 (at least for me).

Gameplay involved simplistic button execution and timing, and eventually, the difficulty felt like it suffered along with it because the battle system lacked depth. Although the combos were nice and had speed variations like Dart, Albert and Rose (was it?), there wasn't really a high risk low reward or vice versa effect. It would have been nice if there was some bonuses or penalties based upon on how well you've performed/timed your attacks, but unfortunately, there wasn't much of either except the one thing I can recall which is your combo would be over with the character you were using during your turn if you failed or messed up your timing, however, the attack skip was easy to recover from even on boss battles.

The battle mechanics felt tacked on and never really expanded any depth i.e. the Dragoon form. Some magic were indeed useful especially the common healing magic of the white and blue dragons (I think), but sometimes, it felt like it wasn't obviously needed in many situations because whenever you defend, you could reduce damage and heal about 10% of your health or use potions which are much often convenient, faster and easy to replenish in supply although item inventory was indeed capped to about 50 items, more so or less. And the ease in difficulty became a bit disappointing especially later with the accessories you would later get that quickly reduced the need to rely on magic. Honestly, even the Dragoon forms lost their meaning except to reduce damage further in half so you can tank damage better, but considering offensive capabilities, being in Dragoon form was about the same as being in regular form and worse.

While the visuals were simply gorgeous and the presentation was definitely beyond great for its time like Legend of Dragoon's box art, the aesthetics were perhaps the only great thing that they had going for it.

The plot and story was extremely easy to follow, but sadly, everything seemed to become quite predictable near the start of Disc 2 when things started to unfold. By the end of Disc 3, I almost forgot why I wanted to get through this game in the first place as almost everything was patched up so easily throughout the whole game. While it was nice how the story and whatever else wasn't left completely opened and ambiguous with little loose ends except the ending, by the time I saw the ending, I hardly remember much of anything about the whole adventure.

Well, Legend of Dragoon is alright. The 3 dollar price tag on ebay for it justifies its greatness.

Other games I would rather play instead if I had to replay LoD would be;

Saga Frontier 2
Legend of Legaia
Brave Fencer Musashi
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy 7 and 8
Final Fantasy Tactics
Xenogears
Wild Arms 2
Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Suikoden 2

and probably some other names I forgot to mention

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
solareclipse: sorry i didn't notice your post

you agree with infinity's end, so consider the first post is a reply to u too

and again, chocobo's dungeon 2 was really amazing

sorry for double posting

Zexilicious

I take a potato chip and EAT IT!
Eating Rosebud Frozen Green Peas. Full of Country
Oh god, I love this game so much. Not as much as FFVI, FFT, and IV, (The only great great FF games before XII IMO) The story was great, including the great characters as well. Although the games story is very cliche, some guy trying to avenge something or someone, but they fit it in very well. I also liked the fact that each character had a story to tell. From the almost Obvious story of King Albert, to the Mysterious Rose. The only problem I had with the game, was the little voice acting. My god, Shana's scream at the end is so fake. I was laughing my ass off the whole time. Oh yeah, and the battle system was also great, but I just wish that you would be able to change additions in battle.

Disregarding the voice acting, I had a great time with this game, it seemed to keep me occupied for a little while, although the first disc bosses are really easy. (Playing the game when I was like six, I couldn't even beat Doel, now I can on my first try XD) It was a great rpg, which I don't think got enough positive buzz from the public.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Grestest rpg I ever played. It had me coming back for more everytime I play it. I've played it atleast 245 times and beaten 236 times. Dart was so cool and liked the fact that the battle system kept you pressing buttons instead of just sitting around until the attacks were done. I loved the story. I still get suprised everytime I play. Dart and Haschel's story was amazing to me. It was cool finding out that Dart's grandfather was Haschel. The Dragoon fomrs were quite fun and amazing to use. The only downparts were that the Dragoon combo was too hard, the Dragoon transformations were too short and hard as hell to level up.

Jtp93

that is my favorite game i have played it so many time but last month i played it i got to disk 3 and it wouldnt work*cries* it was the worst day of my life but my friend let me borrow his and i got to the part where meru and rose leave and then it would freeze *cries*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back