• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Legal question regarding the collection of items from my mother's house

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardman

I am eighteen and was living with my mother. We recently got into an argument and she kicked me out. I contacted her to inquire about collecting my possessions and she told me I wasn't getting any of them. My question is if I have legal right to collect my possessions. They include bedding, clothing, assorted electronics (television, videogames, etc.), a guitar and drumsticks, books and several other items. If they are my property, am I able to collect them, legally? Now, yes, i realize this is a Kingdom Hearts forum, but it loads the quickest on my mobile and I'm sure there has to be someone here who has knowledge of legal affairs such as this, or is a bit better at research than me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
-What country and state do you live in?
-Did you pay for any of these possessions using your own money?
-Do you have any receipts?

Beardman

-United States, Kansas.
-The electronics, and books. Most of my clothes were purchased for me by my father. The guitar and drumsticks were given to me by her and my father as Christmas gifts when they were still married (which they aren't anymore.)
-No, I do not.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am pretty sure if you are under 18 everything your parents have given you is theirs. If you purchased something with money you made, you probably have a right to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back