• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Left Behind

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkriku14

beginning and end
The Key

I've been so bored waiting for KH2, (and this is all based on a creepy dream of mine, it is a vision! XD) that i feel like writing fan fiction so ta-da....

Note: this story switches between perspectives. You will be notified when it does.
This story also takes place one year after the events of Kingdom Hearts 1

Prologue
[1st person= Kairi]

I missed them. I needed them, but they weren’t here. Day after day I wait for one of them to miraculously show up on the shore. But 12 months have gone by, and there hasn’t been a trace of either of them. Have they forgotten me? Have they….dare I think it, died? No. I won’t think that; I would have felt it if they passed on. I would feel there deaths like a wound, and I have not felt such a sensation yet.

Every night, for the past year, I have sat on the beach of Destiny Islands and wait, wait for something. Sora promised me he would come back, and I know he will. He said he would find Riku as well. But, what if he can’t. No, I need to think positive thoughts. They will come back, I know they will, then everything will go back to the way things were and-

My thoughts were cut off as I heard footsteps behind me. I turned and saw Tidus walking down the beach towards me. I knew why he was here. Ever since our world was restored, Tidus took it upon himself to take care of me, as a favor for Sora. He doesn’t like it that I sit out here every night, waiting. He says it’s bad for my health. But I stopped caring about that. I have gotten thinner, and I let my hair grow out. Truthfully, I have begun to lost hope that Sora and Riku will return. I have become distant, and the only thing that keeps me going is a small hope that they will return, and I will be here waiting for them.

“Kairi, can you please come inside. It’s cold out here at this time of night.” Tidus said, as he stopped behind me. He was right, it was cold. But I didn’t care. I would stay out here no matter what. “There’s no point in convincing you, is there?” he continued. I shook my head, but my gaze was on the stars. “Fine then.” He replied and sat on the sand next to me. I looked at him in surprise. Tidus usually went back home and went to sleep. But truthfully, I didn’t mind the company.

We sat in awkward silence for a while, then Tidus spat out, “I know you miss them Kairi, we all do but---”

I turned to him and narrowed my eyes, “What? Are you saying that you think they aren’t coming back?”

He looked at me in surprise, “No, no. That’s not what I’m saying…”

“Then what are you saying?!” I felt all the feelings I had kept to myself all these months bubbling to the surface.

“I’m saying that I don’t think either of them would want you out here every night, waiting for them. It’s not good for you…I mean look at you! You look completely emaciated. If I didn’t get you to eat something for lunch, you probably wouldn’t eat at all.”

At this remark, I sighed. I didn’t want to explain everything I felt. I didn’t want to taint Tidus’s happy personality with my depressed feelings. I leaned back and lay on the sand, with Tidus following suit. And soon I felt myself drift into an unwanted slumber.

That’s the end of Prologue, I hope you like it.

Chapter 1 is on it's way, and the story shall unfold!

Last edited:

darkriku14

beginning and end
Finally! someone responds! i was gonna stop writing if ppl didn't respond...

i've changed the title from Left Behind to The Key. just so u all know.

Ok, here’s Chapter 1, hope u like it…

Chapter 1: The Assignment

[3rd person]

He walked quickly through the long halls. He was late for his meeting with the Superior, and he didn’t want trouble with his master. He walked faster and the hood of his black cloak fell back, revealing bright red hair that spiked out at the top. As he walked towards the Superior’s office, he passed a blonde haired girl in the same black cloak as he.

“Ooooh, Axel, you’re late. The Superior is gonna have your head for sure!” She said and snickered.

“Larxene, I don’t have time for your remarks.” Axel replied, and walked on. He had no time to talk to Larxene. As he thought about her, he felt a bubbling hate, but another feeling that he didn’t want there. He hated Larxene, but he liked her at the same time. Axel pushed those thoughts out of his head immediately. Thoughts like that would get in his way, not to mention he didn’t have time for thoughts like that at the moment.

Axel broke into a run and almost ran into another black coated man.

“Hey! Watch where you’re going Axel!” the man said angrily.

“Sorry, Lexaeus, but I’m kind of in a hurry…..” the rest of Axel’s words were unheard by Lexeaus, for Axel had continued running.

Axel slowed back into a walk as he reached a large wooden door. He took a deep breath and knocked.

“Come in” a voice from inside said. Axel took another deep breath and opened the door. He walked in the dark room and stopped before a large wooden desk. The room was in darkness except for where Axel stood and the desk. Light poured in through a large stained glass window behind the desk.

“I’m tremendously sorry that I am late, Superior.” Axel said and bowed before the scarlet cloaked man sitting at the desk. His face was covered by a crimson mask, but his right eye and mouth were visible.

“It doesn’t matter. All that matters is that you are here now, and I can give you your new assignment.” The Superior replied.

“New assignment?” Axel repeated in disbelief.

“Yes. You are about to receive the most important assignment that I have to offer.” The Superior said calmly.

“You mean-” Axel replied, eyes wide.

“Yes, you have the assignment to find the Key.”

“You don’t mean the Keyblade, do you?”

“No. This is not a physical key like the Keyblade. This is a heart, a one of a kind heart. This heart is the only thing that will revive the Dark Lord.” The Superior explained. Axel’s eyes widened to a point where he thought they would fall out of his head. He couldn’t believe what the Superior was telling him. This assignment was no ordinary assignment. This assignment was to resurrect the Dark Lord himself.

“H-how do I perform this task, Superior?” Axel stuttered.

“Axel, I am giving this task to you because I trust you. To perform this task, you must find The Key, and I repeat that I am not referring to the Keyblade. Sora is not needed to perform this task. What you do need to find is The Heart of the one touched by the darkness. His heart is one of a kind. It is the only thing that can resurrect the Dark Lord. So I want to you to find the one touched by darkness and follow him. Once you find him and learn about him, contact me. I will instruct you on what to do from there.” The Superior clarified evenly.

Axel bowed, “I understand Superior.” And as Axel turned to walk away, the Superior stopped him.

“Axel! Make sure that no one else knows about this assignment. This is only between you and me. Got it?”

“Yes sir.” Axel replied and walked out the door. Outside, Larxene was waiting for him, a grin on her face.

“So, did you get the boot?” She asked and snickered.

“No.” Axel replied simply.

Larxene looked taken aback at the reply, “So what did the Superior want then?”

Axel thought about an answer, remembering that the Superior told him to keep their conversation classified. “Uhh…….”

“‘Uhh…..’ what?” she asked anxiously.

“The Superior wanted………um…….. he wanted to make sure that everything in the Organization was in order.” Axel said quickly.

“That’s it?” Larxene said, slightly crestfallen.

“That’s it.” Axel replied, a smile forming on his face as he walked back to his room, leaving Larxene standing there by the Superior’s door.

The long path winded before the boy. He didn’t know where the path led to, but he was drawn to the end of it. He continued to walk the dirt road, surrounded by the green grass. A breeze blew threw it and the boy’s black cloak flew back in the wind. He grabbed the hood, and held it tightly, not wanting it to fall back from his head. He knew there weren’t any people around, but he still liked to keep his face hidden. The boy stopped on top of a hill, looked out along the path, and let out a sigh of relief. What looked a couple of miles away was a town. He could see a fuzzy outline of buildings, and felt the tugging feeling he had been following grow stronger. He knew that what he searched for was there. At Twilight Town.

That's Chapter 1. I'll post Chapter 2 soon.

Last edited:

darkriku14

beginning and end
wow, ppl like this. This was based on a creepy dream of mine and i felt like making it a fan fiction.

anyway, Chapter 2 is on it's way!:D

darkriku14

beginning and end
OMG! Harry Potter fan! Harry Potter is my favorite series.

anyway, working on Ch 2

darkriku14

beginning and end
im practically done with Ch. 2, srry for the delay.

it's just that i had issues thinking of a name for BHK. but i found 1 so do not worry. i shall name him...............Hakumei. don't get pissed off if u don't think it's a good name.

srry, but Ch 2 won't be delayed too long:D

darkriku14

beginning and end
i know.....Hakumei sounds girly. But i named him that for a reason! i wonder if u can figure it out? :D

maximus

how vair nice bud.

muy dramatico.

having known u for the last 4 years, i can guess that it will be increasingly more so.

eat gonads!

darkriku14

beginning and end
k, here is the anticipated Ch 2!!!

Chapter 2: Past and Present

[3rd person]

Sora awoke with a long yawn and looked around. The grassy fields that met his eyes were nothing new. He could see the town that the navigation system on the gummi ship called Twilight Town. He opened his mouth to say good morning, but closed it, for he remembered that he was alone. He was used to having two other companions with him, but Donald and Goofy had left for Disney Castle, so they could report the recent events to the Queen. So for now, Sora was on his own. He was almost used to it by now. It had been a long year since the door to Kingdom Hearts was closed, leaving The King and Sora’s best friend, Riku, on the other side. Donald and Goofy had left Sora six months ago, and Sora continued his journey to find Riku.

Sora got up and walked towards the gate to the Town. As he walked through the gate he looked around. There were many tall buildings; all different shades of brown. As he walked into the town, he felt a weird tugging feeling. Sora was puzzled by this feeling, and felt he should explore the Town.

“I need to get a hotel room, first…” he said to himself. As Sora walked towards the hotel, the tugging feeling grew stronger. He looked around and caught something out of the corner of his eye. He turned to face it and saw an alleyway. He drew his keyblade and ran down the alley.

At the end of the alley was what looked like some sort of warehouse. Sora walked up to the door and knocked. The door creaked open, and a boy with blond hair stuck his head out of the opening.

“Who are- whoa…” the boy’s question was cut off when he saw the keyblade. “Is that….is that, a keyblade?” He asked slowly.

“Yep!” Sora said and he held the keyblade out in front of him.

“But, that’s impossible!”

“What?!” Sora said in disbelief.

“Yeah, because I have keyblades!” The boy opened the door all the way and in his hands were Oblivion and Oathkeeper.

“But…..I …” Sora stared at the keyblades, mouth opened.

“Come in here.” The boy said and looked around.

Sora walked inside and looked at the interior. It wasn’t much. There was a worn out sofa and a lot of crates and boxes. “Do you live here?” Sora asked the blonde-haired boy.

“Yeah…” He replied, and looked down at the floor.

“Well, I’m Sora. Who are you?” Sora said with a grin.

“My name is Hakumei…” he replied, still looking down at the floor.

“Do you live here alone?” Sora asked taking a look around.

“No….I mean, I used to have someone here with me, but she disappeared. I’ve been looking for her.” Hakumei replied, watching Sora looking around.

“I’m looking for someone too, and I think he’s here…somewhere…” Sora explained, looking up at the ceiling.

“Hey! Maybe we can look for them, together.” Hakemei said, a look of sheer excitement on his face.

“Uhhh….. I guess so.” Sora replied slowly, a little shocked at Hakumei’s enthusiasm. He stopped as he saw a long black cloak hanging on the wall. He stared at the cloak for a couple of minutes and sat on a box.

“So…..let’s go!” Hakumei exclaimed.

“Go? Now?” Sora said in shock.

“Yeah!” Hakumei replied and started to jump up and down.

“Uhh…ok!” Sora said and walked to the door.

Hakumei and Sora walked around Twilight Town, but found nothing interesting. Sora felt the the tugging feeling again as they passed the hotel, but didn’t tell Hakumei. Hakumei felt a tugging feeling on the hand that he would wield Oblivion with, but he didn’t say anything to Sora.

===============================================================

In the hotel, only one room was currently occupied. The room was dark, but moonlight from the open windows shed light on some of the room.

“Light in the darkness…” a voice said from the part of the bed that was dark. The body that the voice had come from moved slowly into the moonlight. The boy slid off the bed and leaned against the window sill. He still wore his black cloak, but the hood was down, revealing shoulder length silver hair that seemed to glow in the moonlight. He wore a black blindfold over his eyes, but seemed to know where he was going when he moved. He cocked his head up and had a feeling that something bad was going to happen. He knew he had to find who he came here for, and fast.

He turned from the window and walked quickly out the door. When he got outside, it was raining. He knew it was coming. He ran down the street and reached a tall building. He disappeared and reappeared on the roof and once he was there, he frantically looked down at the town. He gasped at what he saw at the foot of the building. The Heartless had returned…

===============================================================

Sora and Hakumei knew something was wrong. They both felt the tugging feeling as they walked in the rain. They arrived at a tall building, and the tugging feeling was growing stronger than ever. As they stopped at the foot of the building, Heartless came up through the ground. Sora’s eyes widened in shock at these Heartless. They were different; they were taller, more muscular, and they had large claws. There was so many of them. Hakumei and Sora were surrounded.

“Neo Heartless” Hakumei said as he summoned Oblivion and Oathkeeper to his hand.

“You’ve seen these heartless before?!” Sora asked in shock as he summoned his own keyblade to his palm.

“Yes, but there never was this many, something is- wha?” Hakumei stopped mid-sentence because Oblivion was threatening to fly right out of his hand.

“ATTACK!” Sora yelled as he ran, hacking at the heartless. The Neo Heartless had focused their attention on Sora, leaving Hakumei grasping on to Oblivion with both hands. Hakumei looked up at the direction that Oblivion was pointing in and saw something, or someone, on the roof of the building. Hakumei yelled to Sora and as Sora looked up at the roof, he widened his eyes in horror. He saw someone on the roof but the sky is what scared him so much. Through the rain clouds, there were falling stars. It looked as if all the stars were falling from the sky. That meant one thing, this world was being destroyed. Sora hacked at the heartless, but more seemed to come.

This is useless! We need to get out of here! Sora thought.

Maybe I can be of some help… a voice in his head said.

What? Who’s there? How are you in my head?! Sora thought frantically.

That’s not of importance, right now. We need to get off this world before it explodes! The voice replied.

Right. But, are you the one on the roof? Sora thought.

It’s not necessary for you to know, but yes, I am on the roof above you. If your friend over there lets go of his weapon, I could be of some help. The voice answered.

But that’s a keyblade. Only a Keyblade Master can wield it… Sora thought in confusion.

That’s not important! Just tell your friend to let go! The voice said impatiently.

“Hakumei! Let go of Oblivion!” Sora yelled.

“WHAT?! Are you crazy?” Hakumei yelled back.

“Just do it, Hakumei!” Sora shouted. Hakumei looked unconvinced but let go of Oblivion. It immediately flew up towards the roof and both Hakumei and Sora watched as the person on the roof jumped off to catch it. Hakumei let out a small gasp as the person in the black cloak fell down the side of the building.

The heartless that were left immediately surrounded under him, but he flipped over and floated there for a couple of seconds, before slowly drifting down to the ground. He immediately started slashing at the heartless with Oblivion, and Sora and Hakumei followed suit. Within minutes the heartless were finished, and the wielder of Oblivion faced Sora and Hakumei.

“Where’s the gummi ship?” he asked.

“How do you know about-?” Sora began then stopped. He turned and pointed to the main gate and the wielder of Oblivion nodded.

“Go to the ship and wait, I’ll be right there.” He said as he turned and ran down the street. Sora ran to the ship but Hakumei stayed put.

“What are you doing?! Come on!” Sora yelled impatiently.

“How do we know that we can trust him?” Hakumei said.

“We’ll worry about that later! COME ON!” Sora replied as he grabbed Hakumei by the arm and dragged him to the gummi ship.

The wielder of Oblivion ran towards the warehouse that Sora and Hakumei were in a little while ago. He felt that someone was in there. It had started raining harder, and it was starting to become windy. He reached the door and tried to open it, but it was locked. He swore under his breath and kicked the door down.

He heard a scream as he knocked the door down and the wind howled loudly. He ran to the corner to find a blonde-haired girl crying. He leaned over and tried to pull her up.

“Come with me. Everything is going to be alright.” He said calmly. She looked up at his face, which was in shadow from his hood. He felt uncomfortable all of a sudden, but he grabbed her arm and dragged her outside.

“I don’t understand. What is going on?” The girl said between sobs.

“I don’t want to upset you anymore, but this world is being destroyed.” He replied evenly.

“DESTROYED?!” She yelled in disbelief. “It can’t be destroyed! It’s my home!”

“Well, tell that to the heartless. Right now we need to get out of here.” He said impatiently and broke into a run as the wind picked up. He made it to the gate and the gummi ship, when suddenly, the ground shook beneath them.

“Oh great…” the boy mumbled. He ran to the gummi ship and knocked on the door, the girl clutching to his arm tightly. Sora opened the door and stared curiously at the girl. “Don’t ask” the boy immediately said. He pushed the girl’s arm off of him and ran to the cockpit. She went to Hakumei and he wrapped his arms around her.

“Hey! I want to be pilot! I still don’t even know who you are!” Sora said angrily.

“Too bad, I’m driving.” The boy replied quickly and pushed the engine button. The ship blasted off quickly and when they reached space, the world known as Twilight Town exploded, and in its place was a large black hole.

The black hole began to suck in everything, including the ship. The boy swore loudly and pushed a lot of buttons, pushing the joystick forward to gain speed. The ship gave a shake and the boy swore again. The ship was being sucked in faster. The ship shook again and there was a whistling sound. The control panel began to flash the word STALL repeatedly. The boy swore again.

“Sora! Grab the joystick!” the boy yelled. Sora immediately grabbed the joystick and continued to push it forward. The boy ran to the wall, where a button surrounded by glass and a lock was positioned. Above the button were the words “WARNING! Only Press In Case of Emergency!” The boy looked for the key to unlock the glass box and swore when he couldn’t find it. He let out a growl and smashed his fist into the glass, causing it to fly in all directions. Sora looked in horror, afraid that the boy was impaled by glass or something. He let out a little gasp as the boy pulled a piece of glass from his right cheek. Sora shivered; the boy didn’t even wince. He pressed the exposed button and the engines buzzed into life. The ship shook and turned completely on its left side, sending everyone hurtling into the left wall. The boy was able to grab the arm of the pilot’s chair, and as he dangled from the chair, his hood fell back, revealing his silver hair.

“Riku?!” Sora yelled in disbelief. Riku turned and nodded before he climbed into the chair and pushed the joystick to the right, causing the ship to turn back into its normal position. With one final jerk, the gummi ship flew out of the black hole’s pull. Riku gave a sigh of relief and pressed the auto-pilot button before going to the cabin in the back of the ship. Sora followed him.

“That looks painful…” Sora said, staring at Riku’s bleeding hand.

“It isn’t.” Riku replied simply. He raised his other hand to the bleeding cut on his cheek and ran it over the wound. The wound glowed black and was gone, leaving no trace that it was ever there. Sora noticed the blindfold that Riku wore, but he didn’t mention it. He took out bandages to wrap his hand, and Sora wondered how he would be able to bandage his hand, when he wore a blindfold.

“Here, let me do it.” Sora said and grabbed Riku’s wrist and the bandages.

“Fine, thanks.” Riku replied quietly as Sora wrapped the bandages around Riku’s bleeding hand. Once Sora finished, he and Riku walked back to the front to plot a course for the gummi ship.

“We should go to Disney Castle.” Sora suggested.

“Why?” Hakumei replied. It was the first time he spoke since they left the now destroyed Twilight Town. The blonde haired girl that Riku had brought aboard was still in his arms, where she seemed to be sleeping.

“Well, The Queen needs to know about what happened to Twilight Town. Hopefully, the King will be there as well.” Sora replied with a smile; he obviously seemed proud of his idea. Riku on the other hand, seemed to look a little tenser, but no one noticed. Sora then nodded and set a course for Disney Castle.

Riku turned around in the chair, so he was facing Hakumei and the girl. “So, who are you?” He asked.

“Well, my name is Ha-” Hakumei began.

“No, not you. Her…” Riku interrupted and pointed to the girl.

“Oh, sorry.” Hakumei replied and blushed in embarrassment. He gave the girl a shake, and as she woke up, Hakumei repeated Riku’s question to her.

“I’m….I’m Naminé.” She said quietly.

“She was the person I was looking for, Sora.” Hakumei replied, smiling. Sora nodded, but Riku said nothing; he just watched Naminé intently. He felt something odd about her, but he couldn’t place it. “She lived with me; until we got separated.” He continued. “What happened to you?” He asked Naminé.

“I……..don’t remember.” She replied. Hakumei nodded, he seemed convinced. Sora did too, but Riku was suspicious. But Riku didn’t want to press the matter, at least, not yet.

“So, Riku, what about you? Where have you been all this time?” Sora asked, turning to his friend.

“Around…” he replied simply.

“Riku, I’m serious. How did you get out of………..you-know-where?” Sora was going to say Kingdom Hearts, but he didn’t want to stress out Hakumei and Naminé more.

“I…..don’t know. I was there one night, and I woke up in the fields outside Twilight Town the next morning.” He replied calmly.

“Riku, I think you’re leaving something out…” Sora said, grinning.

“Alright, alright! You want to know what happened fine. It’s actually two stories in one because it is also why I have to wear this…” He said as he pointed to the black blindfold. Sora nodded for him to continue.

“K- I mean, you-know-where, is a barren wasteland with one city in the middle. Mickey and I found a place to stay there, and he cast some sort of force field around it, so the heartless wouldn’t get in. Mickey lets just say, he got on my nerves. So, one night, I made the careless decision of leaving. As I walked through the streets, some Neo Heartless jumped me. There was about ten of them; they caught me by surprise. Before I could even draw my weapon, they knocked me down. One of them took its claws and slashed them right over my eyes. I passed out. I woke up in the fields of Twilight Town, but I couldn’t see. I put my hand over where the Heartless scratched me, but nothing was there. I realized that I was no longer in you-know-where and that I was now blind. So, I put the blindfold that I have now on and went to look for the nearest town. I was drawn to Twilight Town. When I got there, I got a room at the hotel; I met you guys at the tall building, and the rest you know.” He sighed when he finished.

“But, if you’re blind…..how do you know where you’re going?” Hakumei asked.

“I can smell darkness and light, don’t ask, and that’s all I need to know where I’m going.” He answered simply. Hakumei did not understand what that meant, but he didn’t ask anymore questions.

“What about you Sora?” Riku asked.

“Not much has happened to me. Donald and Goofy left for Disney Castle, and I continued my search for you.” Sora replied.

“So, those two finally left you?” Riku inquired. Sora ignored that remark. Riku always had been a little jealous of Donald and Goofy.

The ship drove on in silence for a couple of minutes; before the ship’s navigation system alerted that they were near Disney Castle. Sora brought the ship in for a landing and they all exited the ship quietly. A broomstick with arms greeted them and led them through the large white halls. They followed the broom in a straight line; Sora at the front, followed by Hakumei, with Naminé behind him, and Riku at the rear.

Naminé looked back at Riku continuously. She felt something weird about him. She knew he was different, like her. She wondered if he would understand how she felt. She decided she would tell him about her, but not now. She would tell him when they were alone.

The broom stopped at an extremely large violet door. The broom knocked and the door opened slowly. Sora turned and looked at Riku. Though Riku’s hood was up, Sora could tell he was uncomfortable. There was just something about Riku that Sora could identify as signs for being uncomfortable, but he couldn’t place it. He just felt it. The doors opened all the way and the group (except Riku) let out a gasp of awe.

That's Chapter 2! Ch. 3 is on it's way!

darkriku14

beginning and end
THANX!!! ^^

i am working on CH 3, and yes....Sora is a little retarded, he didn't figure out it was Riku until he saw Riku's hair...odd.

How will Riku react when they see Donald and Goofy again? What did he mean when Mickey got on his nerves? What is Naminé hiding? Tune in to the next Chapter to find out!!

hehe, lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back