• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Leaving at 15 in anime?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Oh.
In every anime I say the kids are own they're own without parnets at age 15..does school stop at the age of 15 in japan? When does school end (age)?

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Akai said:
In every anime I say the kids are own they're own without parnets at age 15..does school stop at the age of 15 in japan? When does school end (age)?
Umm.its stops at a normal age of 18 or whenever you get out of High School and then College....in anime School and parents get in the way of the Characters adventure and thus has to be put on hold,cut out compeltly or done but in a minimal way....and as for kids on there own..in anime the creators want to show you a world in which you can never truley be in...some have parents and school in them as if they were normal people..but for other anime they want to enterain you with this world that is unreachable..and only in the mind...

thats all I can really guessfor the whole anime/where the parents at/school thing
hope it helped a little..XD

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
You must only be watching shonen crap...in more realistic materials, like...say, Death Note, Neon Genesis Evangelion, or even Bleach, all the characters go to school on a semi-regular basis (as in, they aren't always shown there) and have parent, though, albeit, they don't always interact with the, >_>
~Fenris Etheral

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
High School ends when they're a legal adult, just like in the U.S. (Well, sort of) except they become legal adults when they turn 17, so they go to High School and extra year. Plus, they have college after that, since that is the whole point of going to high school. I'm not entirely sure how the school system works, but in Japan you can easily bet to be in school until you're in your mid/late twenties, especially since college is so hard to get into, and you take school to get into college.

Leaving home at 15? Most likely a thing for the anime, not actual Japan.

Oh, here's a wiki article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan#Education

Esp-Ada

Super Waterbender!
I think an example of this is Inoue in Bleach, since in the show it says that only her and her brother were left when their parents died. And when her brother died when she was like 12, I am assuming she has been living alone till present time in which she is 15 since thats how old Kurosaki is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back