• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Least favourite KH1 world?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Shockingly, my least favorite world is not any of the Disney worlds after replaying Kingdom Hearts. The worst world ever is Hollow Bastion. It is too easy to miss chests for starters, you fall down the side and have to start all over again, not to mention the irritating fight with Dragon Maleficent. However, 1.5 has revealed a worse foe....Sniperwild. Never again will I trust Twilight Town's 2nd District.

Gonzales95

Awards
I think for me it's Atlantica, although I didn't really like Pirate Ship (aka Neverland) either, for similar reasons. Was easy to get lost in both worlds, but Atlantica edges it for the terrible swimming controls and brutal second Ursula boss (the first one wasn't that bad, I listened to Triton :D)

Also HATED Wonderland because of just how random it is. A lot of the things you have to do, not only in the main story but to get the optional items, are just bizarre. Who'd think to cast Thunder on a flower ffs?

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I think for me it's Atlantica, although I didn't really like Pirate Ship (aka Neverland) either, for similar reasons. Was easy to get lost in both worlds, but Atlantica edges it for the terrible swimming controls and brutal second Ursula boss (the first one wasn't that bad, I listened to Triton :D)

Also HATED Wonderland because of just how random it is. A lot of the things you have to do, not only in the main story but to get the optional items, are just bizarre. Who'd think to cast Thunder on a flower ffs?

Wonderland is actually very straight-forward in terms of this 'thunder on flowers' thing. The reason this works is it is bizarre, which is the entire principal of Wonderland's very existence. Wonderland is designed for random bizarre misadventures to keep with the spirit of both the original Disney film and the concept of the initial books.

I can understand your frustration with Atlantica, though not with Neverland. Neverland was relatively easy to navigate since most areas are closed off until you open them up with various tasks.

I must say this, kudos on listening to Triton. I have known players who ignored him and suffered for it dearly :smile:

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Monstro. Monstro, Monstro, Monstro, Monstro, Monstro. Not because it was confusing but because it was just plain annoying. Falling off of edges too easily, such an extreme amount of jumping to get shit done (especially with treasure collecting), annoying enemies that take forever to beat, and just an ugly-as-all-hell atmosphere. I hated it in KHI, and I hate it DDD. I hope it's featured in a future game just so it can explode and can never appear in a game again.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Deep Jungle. I have no idea how people can like there over Atlantica. I love Atlantica so much. I wish we could have fought in KH2, but I was still happy with the musical.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Deep Jungle. I have no idea how people can like there over Atlantica. I love Atlantica so much. I wish we could have fought in KH2, but I was still happy with the musical.

While both worlds can be confusing I like Deep Jungle over Atlantica because the swimming (and mainly fighting) mechanics in Atlantica could be difficult at times. And Deep Jungle had tree sliding and vine swinging!

Rael_Oblivion

I have two worlds that are far and away my least favorite, and it seems a few people agree with me, since Atlantica and Monstro are my two.

I hate Atlantica slightly more than Monstro, and I have skipped it on all my playthroughs since the first one (I rarely use thunder magic, so I don't need Thundaga). I never got the hang of the swimming controls, hated fighting there, and got lost the most times out of any KH world ever. Which is sad for me, since TLM was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and I started off really excited for the world when I saw it come up on the World Map.

And as for Monstro... I got lost in there a few times (not as much as Atlantica), but it was more the insane color scheme that hurt my eyes after a while and horrible idea of a whale's anatomy that had my inner marine biologist sobbing (because that's what I wanted to be when I was a kid). Also, Search Ghosts.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Monstro. Monstro, Monstro, Monstro, Monstro, Monstro. Not because it was confusing but because it was just plain annoying. Falling off of edges too easily, such an extreme amount of jumping to get shit done (especially with treasure collecting), annoying enemies that take forever to beat, and just an ugly-as-all-hell atmosphere. I hated it in KHI, and I hate it DDD. I hope it's featured in a future game just so it can explode and can never appear in a game again.

She basically said everything... Monstro is horrible... I never want to see that place again... NEVER.

Rage-Roxas

Awards
Monstro. Not because it was hard or confusing (and it wasn't even confusing or anything to me??) but I used to be so freaking scared of these "getting eaten by someone" or anything being-inside-someone. I couldn't sleep because the music was just stuck in my head and it scared me. D: And I almost stopped playing that game when I played it first time. But then I was just like "seriously its just a game you'll get out of there someday..." Well, I'm not scared of that world anymore, but I still hate it. Ugh, it's disgusting being inside a whale. It surely smelled bad there. And if I remember right, wasn't there an annyoing squishy noise when you walk there? Ew.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Monstro was annoying for the same reason deep space in bbs was, but I'd say atlantica because of swimming controls, maybe even deep jungle.

however, what may just take the cake is hollow bastion, my fucking god. I loved the vibe and inside of the castle but getting there was a hassle if I ever knew one.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Yep, thank heavens that Square Enix didn't make it more realistic.

Monstro was pretty intimidating when I saw him flying towards my Gummi ship.

Monstro. Not because it was hard or confusing (and it wasn't even confusing or anything to me??) but I used to be so freaking scared of these "getting eaten by someone" or anything being-inside-someone. I couldn't sleep because the music was just stuck in my head and it scared me. D: And I almost stopped playing that game when I played it first time. But then I was just like "seriously its just a game you'll get out of there someday..." Well, I'm not scared of that world anymore, but I still hate it. Ugh, it's disgusting being inside a whale. It surely smelled bad there. And if I remember right, wasn't there an annyoing squishy noise when you walk there? Ew.

Goron Link

I actually kind of liked Atlantica even though the controls were annoying, primarily because I love underwater adventures and mermaids. My least favourite world is probably Deep Jungle because of those damn vines.

roxasven

Couldn't have said it better myself. Everything about Monstro was horrible. It also didn't help that I immensely dislike Pinocchio as a movie.

Amenty

Wow a lot of people are saying Monstro and as much as I hated that level, and I did, I hated Tarzan more. That place was a maze torture and every time I re-play the game I dread having to be there. That being said my Favorite world would have to be The Nightmare Before Christmas cause that level is Always boss :redface:

Anagram

Banned
The only thing I felt was torture in Tarzan was that slide minigame. You had to go through it six or seven times, grab every fruit, to finish. It was a extra sidemission after story though so I only ever bothered once. haha

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I used to despise Deep Jungle, but as time passed, I began to actually like it, especially when I began playing 1.5.

Honestly, Wonderland and Monstro probably tie for least favorite, but I actually like Monstro a little more. Wonderland slowly but surely has become my least favorite world in the series, truthfully.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Each of the worlds had something I disliked, but I think Neverland gets my vote for least favorite. That movie never caught on with me as a kid in the first place, and you're navigating just Hook's ship. Once you can fly, though, it gets a thousand times better. The fight with Hook is great, and the pay off when you get to fly around the beautiful London night sky is just a classic, magical Kingdom Hearts moment. Makes it worth going through Hook's ship.

Wonderland, Agrabah, and Olympus became my least favorite worlds as the series went on, because we went there so much. Never liked Alice in Wonderland and Aladdin (besides Genie, love you Robin) to begin with.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I agree with the user above with Neverland. It was such a boring world to me which is the worst thing an area can be in a game. I at least had a positive/negative emotion attached to the other worlds which means they meant something to me but Neverland barring the moment Sora learned to fly and Sora flying through London it was pretty bleh and uninspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back