• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► LEAKS discussion - ENTER AT OWN RISK

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
While I'm kind of meh on most of the live action adaptations I did really enjoy Jungle Book. I wouldn't mind if Nomura skipped the animated film in favor for the 2016 one

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
There's also the possibility that the unreal worlds could be Quadratum and a combination of live action remakes and Disney movies that per se were always live action, like Marry Poppins

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think y'all are thinking too literally with the live action films. They won't be exactly the same as the films. The rights for likeness would be insane and they wouldn't bring even a quarter of those actors in for recording so it would defeat the purpose.

Let's think bigger. It'll be remakes of the remakes. SE's Disney remakes. It's brilliant. It's outside of the Quadratum ;D

It'd be like if Nomura was allowed to make Disney stories how he wanted them to be with his own designs. It's what Disney is letting developers do at this point. Look at Mirrorverse and Twisted Wonderland.

SuperNova

Awards
Disney's modern live action remakes are some of the most uninspired cash grabs that I've seen from them in a long time and this is coming from someone who grew up watching the horrors known as Chicken Little and Home on the Range. I hope that whatever Disney worlds we get in Quadratum are more like alternate universes or maybe even some of the lesser known disney movies that we haven't seen yet in KH.

Tobi

Awards
Let's think bigger. It'll be remakes of the remakes. SE's Disney remakes. It's brilliant. It's outside of the Quadratum ;D

It'd be like if Nomura was allowed to make Disney stories how he wanted them to be with his own designs. It's what Disney is letting developers do at this point. Look at Mirrorverse and Twisted Wonderland.
So similar how it was in KH1, but more extreme? The villains had still their own story from the movies (or atleast it was similar), but only after KH1 it became more of a retelling. Wouldn't mind it.

But when it's already about another reality, an alternative universe so to say, I do wonder what could await us in terms of familiar faces and concepts? Even the world of darkness seems to be seperated from that other side, since it's like Yen Sid said also on 'their' side. Does that mean the concept of Light and Dark doesn't exist? Or does it, but it is looked upon other than we're used to (coexistence, since there wasn't a war?)? Or exists, but isn't of importance for the people there aside from being a magic tool like it is with all other elements? Would be kinda weird, if Riku wouldn't have access to his dark magic (as an example) just because that concept doesn't exists over there...

horto12485

Awards
There's also the possibility that the unreal worlds could be Quadratum and a combination of live action remakes and Disney movies that per se were always live action, like Marry Poppins

So what everyone's saying that the Quadratum will have Live Action Disney Worlds rather than the Animated Ones. So what will happen to the Disney Worlds that everyone's been asking (Walt Disney Animation Studios: Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Sword in the Stone, Jungle Book, Great Mouse Detective, Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Black Cauldron, Pocahontas, Brother Bear, Meet the Robinsons, Wreck-it Ralph, Zootopia, Moana, Raya and the Last Dragon) (Pixar: A Bug's Life, Incredibles, Brave, Coco, Onward and Soul) (Misc Worlds: Marvel/Star Wars)? Returning Disney Worlds (Animated (Arendelle, Toy Box, Agrabah (King of Thieves) and the Pride Lands (Simba's Pride)

2 quid is good

Awards
If I had to take my most wildest guess I would assume Quadratum would be wholly composed of pseudo FF characters

Foxycian

Awards
I see some here say/theories that the next game could be Kairi and Aqua? Lmao Then what of terra and Ventus? I know Aqua is the True Main character among the 3 in birth by sleep but terra and Ventus are main characters as well😂 I hope Nomura doesn’t ignore them or just sideline them, at least they should get a minor roles or something, also Roxas Xion and Namine they should get some roles too.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Ventus isnt a main character. He's a sora-lite and doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things thanks to DDD Xblade retcon.

Terra is the same way. I mean, he's the body of terranort who saw like 3 mins of screentime but otherwise he doesn't really matter for the plot lmao

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Ventus isnt a main character. He's a sora-lite and doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things thanks to DDD Xblade retcon.

Terra is the same way. I mean, he's the body of terranort who saw like 3 mins of screentime but otherwise he doesn't really matter for the plot lmao
Ventus is still pretty important due to his connection with "Darkness". If it's still a part of him in the present he is more relevant then ever

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Okay, I think majority can agree live action remakes are on shaky ground right now and generally a bad idea since execution is difficult.

That said, now that the game is released should we rename this thread or start a new one?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think y'all are thinking too literally with the live action films. They won't be exactly the same as the films. The rights for likeness would be insane and they wouldn't bring even a quarter of those actors in for recording so it would defeat the purpose.

This right here is what I really want to see. Disney stories adapted with a “live action” aesthetic that are truly new reimaginings of the stories. I think this approach would give him the freedom he needs to better integrate the Disney properties into the main story too if he wants.

I can’t help but compare the concept in my head to how Nomura often redesigns Marvel characters and such as if they were from a Final Fantasy game. This could be like that but in an actual game.

horto12485

Awards
This right here is what I really want to see. Disney stories adapted with a “live action” aesthetic that are truly new reimaginings of the stories. I think this approach would give him the freedom he needs to better integrate the Disney properties into the main story too if he wants.

I can’t help but compare the concept in my head to how Nomura often redesigns Marvel characters and such as if they were from a Final Fantasy game. This could be like that but in an actual game.

So what will happen to the Disney Worlds we've requested (Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Black Cauldron, Meet the Robinsons, Coco, Brave, Star Wars/Marvel, Pocahontas, Soul, Onward, Sword in the Stone, Bambi, Lilo and Stitch (Set in Hawaii), Jungle Book (1967) ETC)? Will they be left out of the Next Saga or be put in Kingdom Hearts IV or a game before Kingdom Hearts IV?

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Guys, guys, relaaax! We still don’t know if live action AUs for Quadratum is a thing, just a hypothesis. Quadratum could be a world that’s original on its own and have no Disney in it, it could be where the TWEWY gang and other Square characters make cameos, it could be the live action AU. Nobody knows.

As for those other things, let it come if Nomura wants them. It’s not like the main worldline just magically disappeared. Okay, maybe it did, or rather get rewritten, but you know what I meant. Easy come easy go.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So what will happen to the Disney Worlds we've requested (Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Black Cauldron, Meet the Robinsons, Coco, Brave, Star Wars/Marvel, Pocahontas, Soul, Onward, Sword in the Stone, Bambi, Lilo and Stitch (Set in Hawaii), Jungle Book (1967) ETC)? Will they be left out of the Next Saga or be put in Kingdom Hearts IV or a game before Kingdom Hearts IV?

With the exception of Star Wars/Marvel, those traditional Disney/Pixar worlds would be in the next game set in the main KH universe. Keep in mind this would probably be a one off thing unless it is super successful, which I think it would then be come a series starring Yozora while Sora returns to the normal KH-universe.

Personally, I think it would be a waste to explore an alternate “unreality” in the series yet just explore the same kind of worlds we have been to throughout the series. If Nomura wants to delve into these wild concepts of universes, I want him to go all in.

Plus, with the 20th anniversary coming up, it’d be cool to have a quasi-remake of KH1.

As for Star Wars/Marvel, they probably have a better chance of appearing in a game like this than they do in a game with the animated properties.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Beat it earlier tonight. I'm so glad I avoided the spoilers, even though people all over made it sound like the new story stuff was going to be trash. I loved every single moment of it, I'm SUPER excited to see Phase 2 of the series, and once again I'm proven right in how reddit leakers explaining plot points =/= experiencing it for myself. That was heat.

horto12485

Awards
With the exception of Star Wars/Marvel, those traditional Disney/Pixar worlds would be in the next game set in the main KH universe. Keep in mind this would probably be a one off thing unless it is super successful, which I think it would then be come a series starring Yozora while Sora returns to the normal KH-universe.

Personally, I think it would be a waste to explore an alternate “unreality” in the series yet just explore the same kind of worlds we have been to throughout the series. If Nomura wants to delve into these wild concepts of universes, I want him to go all in.

Plus, with the 20th anniversary coming up, it’d be cool to have a quasi-remake of KH1.

As for Star Wars/Marvel, they probably have a better chance of appearing in a game like this than they do in a game with the animated properties.

Well either Star Wars/Marvel as either a World or just References/Appearances in Disney/Original likewise with the Final Fantasy Characters

NoWay

Awards
Actually, I don’t mind if they experiment more in the next entries. That’s why I love KH... And KH franchise is about doing new things I mean we have so many different games. I’d really welcome new kind of worlds as long as they are well executed and not like Arendelle.

Back