• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► LEAKS discussion - ENTER AT OWN RISK

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
With teh voice acting (I've yet to do a replay so I can see Re:Mind; soon as I'm feeling better I need to); Maybe we can partly blame Covid, for does every pro voice actor have a inhouse (and by that I mean IN HIS HOME) voice acting booth like Steve Blum? Don't think so. ^^

Speaking of which I'd <3 to see Steve Blum voicing something in KH someday...He was one of the people that did the voice of Vincent Valentine after all. At least according to his website.

Last edited:

ZeVaine

Awards
Could be past worlds or new worlds. My point is it's not impossible as some fans like to believe

It would be the first time in all these games to randomly not have a major Disney component, were it to be as these fans think. Seems unlikely considering that's what Kingdom Hearts is = Disney + Nomura/Square. Unless they literally call the new game "Verum Rex" and like make it 99% a contained story, with 1% tying back to the KH-verse... It's going to have to involve Disney worlds in some capacity - as even the mobile games have had no problems making impossible situations with Disney worlds possible with the insane lore these games have.

I think there's something big with the fact that the world that looks most "real" is being called "Unreality" while the Disney/Video game world is being called "reality"... and I know people are not looking forward to a big reversal, but Nomura has gone big with time-travel and multi-world lines, so it's totally within his writing character.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If Quadratum is based on real world Shibuya and Shinjuku, maybe the Disney worlds. there will be based on the live action remakes of Disney films? Maybe these could be the other cities/worlds referenced by Nameless Star.

palizinhas

Awards
I think the actual quality of the movies don't necessarily mean the worlds will be bad. I find Lion King a great movie, but it was one of the weakest worlds in kh2 for me, and on the other hand I have never even watched Tron but I find Space Paranoids the strongest kh2 world.

ZeVaine

Awards
So, this is all just so we can get Star Wars and Marvel worlds ?

I mean, Pirates was already a Live Action world... didn't stop the dev team from making it a normal world.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Mmmm…

I’m gonna be honest, I’m really not looking forward to the idea of the Other Side of the World being a worldline for live-action AU, partly because it would be too contradictory since Quadratum looks like a modern metropolis while even as live remakes Disney is all about magic.

Another reason I’m less proud to admit is I’m not a big fan of the live-actions released so far except Alice, Beauty and the Beast, and maybe Lion King…

Alice in Wonderland - loved it. Tim Burton did good.

Maleficent - I would’ve loved it had they made Maleficent turn into a dragon like in the original, also, really, the most iconic Disney villain and her weakness is a mineral/metal?

Cinderella - I hated it. My stomach drops thinking about it. I disliked the casting, hated the overall development.

Beauty and the Beast - loved the songs, needs more bounce in the outfits though.

Aladdin - Will Smith was great, everything else…meh…

Lion King - good enough.

Mulan - I boycotted the shit out of it.

The Little Mermaid - TBA.

Cumguardian69

Awards
The Lion King remake might be the most flaccid, uninspired footage ever committed to film.
Are you saying that because of your nostalgia for the original release? Because many people hate on TLKre and Mulanre for the lack of IcOniC SonGs and other silly aspects that cannot be expected to be retained 20+ years on.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Are you saying that because of your nostalgia for the original release? Because many people hate on TLKre and Mulanre for the lack of IcOniC SonGs and other silly aspects that cannot be expected to be retained 20+ years on.

I am saying that because (I think) the live action remakes are boring cash-ins, with these CGI lions probably being the worst offenders. However, kudos to you for being able to enjoy them! I don't need to explore these remakes in a Kingdom Hearts game, with the possible exception of Tim Burton's Wonderland and the Maleficent movies because they at least add something new.

The thought of Sora interacting with an uncanny valley Will Smith genie will keep me up at night.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The remake of TLK is bland and boring because it does nothing to improve or enhance the experience of the original film. The CG is impressive but overall unappealing to look at because everything is muddy, the voice acting is just solid, the story is the the same which is all it really has going for it.

Beyonce's Black Is King is a better TLK remake than TLK Remake.

Mulan is a bad movie, though. Straight up trash. Not even because it isn't like the original, but the editing, the fights, the script, the pacing...it's just not good.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Mulan is a bad movie, though. Straight up trash. Not even because it isn't like the original, but the editing, the fights, the script, the pacing...it's just not good.
And this is the movie Disney made in order to appeal to the Chinese market and failed miserably (also reason as to why they decided to delay movies they had for this year)

It's also possible that the other reality will focus on Not!FinalFantasy, like Yozora being Not!Versus, maybe there will be a Not!FinalFantasyVII world, etc.

Or Quadratum really will be the singular world visitable in that reality.

And maybe the term "fictional world" is just a meta excuse for Nomura to use in order to tie in Verum Rex with Kingdom Hearts, but at the same time, building an independent identity, like:

Instead of releasing Verum Rex, it'll be KINGDOM HEARTS Verum Rex

Like using the KH brand to piggyback the concept like how FF spinoffs work.

horto12485

Awards
If Quadratum is based on real world Shibuya and Shinjuku, maybe the Disney worlds. there will be based on the live action remakes of Disney films? Maybe these could be the other cities/worlds referenced by Nameless Star.

The Live Action Remakes as Disney Worlds?! Hah! Don't be no P.S. There'll never be live Action Remakes of famous Disney Animated Films Worlds and P.S.S. they'll never add them because if they do then it'll make no sense.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The Live Action Remakes as Disney Worlds?! Hah! Don't be no P.S. There'll never be live Action Remakes of famous Disney Animated Films Worlds and P.S.S. they'll never add them because if they do then it'll make no sense.
Almost nothing in the series makes any sense, lol. Having live action worlds inspired by ones we've been to is par for the course

disney233

Awards
If all live-action remakes really ARE coming to this game in the form of the world...this will...ACTUALLY be the breaking point that makes me quit my support, tbh. I've NEVER thought that any of the live-action remakes are good. And as said before, they're all just nothing more than failed attempts to reel in some cash. Advertising them in this game just like they've basically done for Arendelle, is nothing more than a waste of potential.

Although...I do have an idea on how the alternate live-action worlds could work... It may be a longshot because it isn't...REALLY a Disney property, BUT HEAR ME OUT...
Once_Upon_a_Time_title_card.jpg

Back